Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low energy
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 17, 2008 06:00PM

Dear all,

I seem to have little less energy than I usually do.. I mean I have not changed my food/ exercise habits and I am not sick. I just feel tired in the afternoons. I tried to eat less, eat more and still feel tired.

Here's what eat (always, nothign changed).

green smoothie for breakast
banana snack
vegetable juice, fruits for lunch
almonds, grapes etc for snack
small cooked vegan meal of rice and vegetables and some soup etc - very small meal
some juice at 7:00 pm
banana/ appl/grapes if I need more

I workout 2 times a week in the gym for 1 hour each time. 1 day I do yoga at home.

I am definitely feeling ok, don't have any illnesses.
But why I feel tired? I took a nap in teh afternoon for few days, which I normally never do.

Any thoughts? What could cause this mild fatigue?
Should I increase my exercise?

Any thoughts?

Take care
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low energy
Date: July 17, 2008 06:13PM

Cut out the rice for sure... if you do eat a cooked meal try to stick to very lightly cooked vegetables etc. Rice always makes me feel run down and lethargic when I have eaten it in the past.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:06PM

If you have to eat a bit of cooked, all veggies vs. any kind of grain will leave a remarkably different feeling in the gut.

Cooked veggies might hurt for a little... but rice saps my energy, I can't get out of bed the next day, I have digestive difficulty... Try going without the rice (try some sprouted quinoa instead?).

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:11PM

The weakness/fatigue could be one of 2 things - either not enough calories, in which case eat some more fruits, or you are detoxing and your body wants to rest so it can heal and repair itself. For you to know which one it is you need to go inside and feel and get a sense of what your body is asking for. Does it want more energy, that is to eat more food? Or does the thought of more food not feel right, and in fact your body just wants more rest?

I had a detox where my chronic fatigue turned into a very acute fatigue, and I was unable to function at work - so I took off 4 months from work and sleep 16-18 hours a day until the need for that sleep disappeared. After that detoxification, I felt way healthier than before the detox started.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:13PM

You're not pregnant, are you?

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:24PM

sundancer, no I am not pregnant. I just feel tired in teh afternoon... I will try eating more fruit, if that doesn't feel correct, then I will just give in and get more rest than I usually do. With three kids, how much rest can I really get;-)

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 17, 2008 08:02PM

Just thought I'd ask. I'd guess you're detoxing then. I say read them lots of stories!!! When I was homeschooling my three grown kids (waaayyy back in the day), we'd have "jammie days" where we'd stay in jammies all day and read to each other all day in my bed. Great memories!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2008 10:54PM

are you close to having your period?
patty

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 18, 2008 12:43AM

Try a brisk walk in the a.m. for 15 - 30 min. outside.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 18, 2008 08:35AM

could be cuz its summertime

sometimes the sun has an enervating effect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables