Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Constantly in the bathroom
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2008 07:47PM

I'm not trying to be gross, but I just started trying in the past several weeks to use more raw foods in my diet. Since then, I'm probably about fifty percent raw, no meat of course in my diet. But, I go to the bathroom so many times a day now, I cannot stand it much longer. Its not diarrhea, but I just have to go so much and I don't eat that much, about 1400 calories a day maybe, but I cannot stop @#$%&! Does this ever go away? I mean I go anywhere from six to ten times or more per day. Its just too much. I believe totally in eating live foods as I feel better when I do, but all this going is interfering with my life! Thanks for any advice or anything you might know about to stop this. Its not eating lots of fruit either, that I do maybe twice a day. I also eat oatmeal, but that is cooked of course. I'm just in a quandary here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Constantly in the bathroom
Date: October 13, 2008 08:04PM

Maybe I should say too that I have to take a number of prescription drugs due to severe kidney disease. I can no longer make blood because of my damaged kidneys and have to get a shot that forces my body to make blood. I was hoping a raw food diet would improve my kidney function as well. I really, really wish I could begin to make blood again on my own, but your kidneys make a hormone that tells your bone marrow to make blood and I almost died two years ago from severe anemia and spent 4 days in ICU until they figured it out. I don't know if my prescriptions for high blood pressure and other drugs I have to take related to my kidneys have any effect on that.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:23AM

Ewe, You have attained normalcy. That is the number of times one is supposed to go during a day. Less than 3 is too infrequent.

To increase your blood production, try drinking chlorophyll. Be sure if there is glycerin in it, that it is vegetable derived. Also, you can drink young coconut water to boost your blood. I have used both when I feel really weak from a very intense period. They work. I usually drink 2 young coconuts after an intense period at one time and that help revive me. I don't have a disease, though. I just bleed to the point of anemia when I am releasing a growth that is part of my detox process. Not everyone goes through this but I have and I'm not sure if I'm done.

Good luck. Therese

Date: October 14, 2008 04:18AM

Thanks. Are you getting the chlorophyll from a green drink like barley green or wheat grass? Where do you get young coconut water from? Do you find it at Whole Foods or places like that or do you just get a coconut and drunk the liquid from that? Thanks for the ideas and for answering my question!

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 14, 2008 05:56AM

I'm surprised you're going so much at just 50% raw. Also, I don't agree that 6-10+ @#$%& a day is normal/optimal even when 100% raw. The ideal would be three times a day, eg have a meal, then evacuate shortly afterwards.

It COULD be detoxification, but at only 50% raw, I'm not so sure...

I'm wondering how many eating occasions there are a day. Try to give your stomach a few hours' rest between each meal.

My advice is to keep eating that wonderful fruit, but to eat it alone, and in the first half of the day. If you're mixing fruit with cooked food items, you may get very 'windy' and feel the need to use the bathroom frequently.

Date: October 14, 2008 04:29PM

No, I don't eat that much honestly, I eat three times a day, but I do have some serious health issues and I am on numerous prescription medications. When I go its not a lot at a time. but just too frequent. All those meds have various side effects. I might eat oatmeal for breakfast, salad and a cooked vegetable for lunch with some fruit and the same kind of thing for dinner. I'm taking a lot of vitamins too. I'm diabetic also, so I try to watch sugar intake. I was able to get off all those diabetic meds with diet and exercise alone many months ago. Unfortunately, I'd already damaged my health for years by ignoring the disease, as if I didn't have it. That was really stupid, but now I've really been trying to make amends. I don't know how much I can help myself now, but I sure know and believe raw, live foods are a whole lot better for my body than all the processed crap I used to put into it. My health declined many years ago because I was poisoned with carbon tetrachloride when I was involved in a legal case. It sounds ridiculous but someone tried to kill me to keep me from testifying in a case. Someone, I thought was my friend. After that I was never the same and then I suffered tremendous problems with my kidneys, lover lungs and heart, I was really damaged. That eventually led to a whole host of physical ailments because of the extensive damage my internal organs suffered from the poisoning. I wish I had known more back then and maybe with proper eating back then I could have recovered more of my health. Since I was poisoned, its been a real uphill battle. My liver has recovered to a great extent, but other organs don't kind of regenerate like the liver can. I do believe I can help myself though with proper treatment and that has got to be the kind of fuel I give myself. It only makes sense. Today I have not even gone once and I am grateful for that. Maybe it will stop now and kind of fix itself. I was not used to so much fiber either.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 14, 2008 10:41PM

There is an old Chinese principal that goes something like this: "wise is the person who cooperates with nature". If your body wants to go then it must have a reason and it might be prudent not to interfere with natural functions. My opinion. I have used that principal for many years and I have found it to be a good compass.

Date: October 14, 2008 11:02PM

Thanks, maybe my body just needs to purge itself of whatever it needs to get rid of. I may have stuff from a long time ago that I never got rid of trying to leave now. There is a lot of intestine in there for sure. I remember getting an enema at the hospital when I was in labor and I thought I might never get done. I had not been eating that much then either because I was full of a huge 11 pound, 23 inch long baby, there was no room, always felt full. Then had to have a C section anyway. I would throw up a lot near the end because there was just no room for anything. Sorry, I'm not trying to be gross!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 14, 2008 11:57PM

This, in my observation, is quite a normal reaction during transitional phases. As long as you stay well-hydrated and are getting good nutrition daily...this should not be a big issue....and should pass shortly after reaching YOUR raw goals. I wish you great health!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:09AM

Wow, ewesgirl, thank you for sharing that.

Increasing the raw is, yes, as you know, a very positive thing, and can only be good.

I'd still be wary about mixing fruit with other foods at lunch and evening, unless we're talking soft greens only.

I suppose the main thing I'd want to say is, however many times you're @#$%& a day, ride it out. Don't let it put you off continuing with the very best thing you can do for your body.

Very best wishes

Posted by: gogoberry ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:19AM

hi ewesgirl,

when i went 50% raw i found i was going to the bathroom a lot! number 1's and number 2's!! lol!
after about a month it lessened. now it's back to 'normal'. i think it's a transitioning thing.

as for the kidney disease. my dog has this disease and has slight anemia. he is on 'dog greens' which include kelp, irish moss, spirulina and wheat grass all organic or wild harvested. i buy it already powered up. this mixture has quite a bit of iron in.

as for the blood issue, i am still learning about that too. maybe we can learn from each other. i have put my dog on greens and have thought about young coconuts as they have electrolytes and many essential minerals.

i have also read chlorophyll is good for people with kidney problems.

do you have to be wary of having too much phosphorous and protein too?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:38AM

Date: October 15, 2008 05:20PM

Yes, I have to be aware of phosphorus and protein intake. My kidney doc told me protein would not hurt my kidneys, but I don't believe him on that issue. My kidney function actually went up 8 percent form 24 to 32 after I started eating a lot less protein, so I think it does make a difference. No matter what, food the way it is in its natural state is obviously by far the best nutrition for any of us. Its just common sense. Probably half of today's diseases are caused by all the food processing we do in this country!

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:24PM

maybe the meds are contributing?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:28PM

Probably half of today's diseases are caused by all the food processing we do in this country!

I think most (if not all) degenerative diseases are caused by what people eat and drink.

Date: October 15, 2008 07:22PM

thanks for the advice and information!

Date: October 15, 2008 07:23PM

tHANKS

Date: October 15, 2008 07:25PM

probably, prescription drugs have so many side effects!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables