Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food helps posture?
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 12, 2008 07:58PM

I've got tight muscles, I can't touch my toes...

In the morning I sometimes have a back ache unless I am in a ball...My posture isn't that great...

Has there been any instances where peoples postures have improved on the raw food diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food helps posture?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 12, 2008 08:20PM

the only noticiable posture differences ive seen is by losing the extra weight my posture tends to correct itself .. i guess you could call it an indirect result of raw foods ...but you still need to exercise and be more concious of how you hold/carry yourself .. i found yoga and tai chi to be very helpfull in that respect smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 13, 2008 01:25AM

no no nooo

come on, a diet is not the miracle; it simply allows you to make different choices

like exercise
exercise improves posture; stretching; yoga; simply consciously thinking about your posture

that's how i corrected my posture and back aches anyway - before i even discovered raw food

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: November 13, 2008 02:28AM

I did note distinctive improvements in posture. I found that it required less effort for me to maintain my posture and form and my flexibility improved. But it was limited and eventually I realized that if I wanted to attain the level of flexibility that I desired, I would have to include the types of practices that iLIVE mentioned.

So yes, and very significantly. But only to a point.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 13, 2008 07:09PM

I also agree. Raw food has definately helped my posture, even when I don't exercise or stretch. I find that when I eat purer and cleaner (I'm not 100% raw) I sit up straighter. I think it's because I feel lighter and more aware and open to the world, not sure if that makes sense.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 13, 2008 08:41PM

I also have found that my posture has improved since going raw. Now when I get up in the morning I stretch like a cat and find myself standing tall. Also the 60 pounds of flab that I have lost has helped too.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 14, 2008 07:52AM

Yes. Less aches and pains... less inflammation. My body worker can't believe it how soft I feel these days. My body used to be very acidic (not sure if there is any basis of that being related. All I know is I feel better, less pain). More self esteem, too, so, yes, Lizard, as you say, lighter, straighter, more open. I enjoy movement more.

Posted by: pAL ()
Date: November 15, 2008 02:54AM

The only way to build muscles is to exercise them.
The only way to lengthen tight muscles is stretch them.
Hatha Yoga is a scientific method of safe muscle stretching.
Check out all of the local teachers in your area - and select one -__-

Injuries, stress and genetic proclivity, re-enforced by gravity, promote poor posture,
especially when sick and aging. However, we can stretch tight muscles and
strengthen the weak ones that support proper postural alignment.
Simply lie on the floor, face up. Relax and develop;
conscious sensory whole-self awareness.
Monitor the senses; the weight
of your body on the mat
(pressure points).
The air temperature
and cloathing around your skin.
All of the sounds, near and far, etc. -__-

With conscious, sensory, whole-self awareness, slowly move your spine into alignment with a flat surface.
Press the heels down to flatten the sacrum and hands down to bring the shoulders back and down.
Take long slow and deep breaths and move the spine into alignment with the flat surface.
Repeat again, then slowly back off and out of the exercise. (The live man pose)
Rest for a few moments, then wiggle and jiggle the spine from side to
side so as to help redistribute the neuculus spinal fluid.
Practice this morning and night B-4 retiring.
Doing a little will help a little -,-
More can help a lot -__-

As far as raw food improving posture ?__?

Of course it does !__! All vegan, raw foods are naturally alkalizing,
as all fruit and all vegetables metabolize alkaline. Saturating your strained
or tight muscles in an acid body turns yoga into a pain tolerance test or punishment.
Whereas alkalizing the interstitial body fluid - is cooling and soothing to our sore
or injured muscles. In an "alkaline body" it is easier to make enough progress,
to inspire daily practice ~__~ Your pAL -.- AlkalineAL.com

Date: November 15, 2008 05:38PM

food = help, not the solution to posture; so i wouldn't call it healing the actual posture, it's too direct of a statement.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 16, 2008 03:47PM

Acidity causes your body to rob your bones of calcium so I am sure my calcium deficiency was reflected in my posture as a result of my acidity, which raw foods cured. Pilates helped my posture tremendously. Also sleeping on a board has been huge in a lot of problems I was having, including knee problems and back pains from old injuries. My husband had similar issues. We have a layered bed: plywood, pad, sleeping bag and a sheet. We have been sleeping like this for seven years and all those issues are gone. It takes all those things, diet, exercise and the bed, to keep my posture good.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 17, 2008 01:42PM

Try a couple of different styles of yoga classes and find one that works for you.

[www.yogajournal.com]

[www.yogabasics.com]

[www.ashtanga.com]

[www.itsallaboutyoga.com]

[www.google.com]

.02. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 17, 2008 03:49PM

hmmm... yoga yoga

yoga

i'm sold smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2008 12:59AM

Right-on !_! 'Food' by itself cannot correct poor posture ^__^
I practice yoga and work out to correct/heal my posturesmiling smiley--<
I must stretch my tight muscles and strengthen the weak
ones that hold my bones in proper balance and alignment -__-
I have extreamly poor posture and have found that eating
an alkaline, vegan, mostly raw foods diet, makes it much
easier to practice correct posture and much more fun to
engage in any physical activity °__° Each day keeping
my muscles strong and flexible requires some -,-
voluntary effort ~__~ A vegan raw foods
diet reduces inflammation which
makes stretching into
alignment more
of a pleasure -,-
therefor much
easier to do @__@
Nutritional Alkalizing
is a simple process
that anyone can
easily validate
in the state
of the art
laboratory
within their
very own body -__-
Your pAL -,- Alkaline AL

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 19, 2008 01:49AM

'Food' by itself cannot correct poor posture

What about a diet that is deficient in calcium and increasing the calcium in the diet helps to strengthen weak bones ?

Date: November 19, 2008 12:10PM

ok but just like your muscles won't bet bigger simply by you sitting down and eating something good for you, neither will your posture

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: November 19, 2008 03:53PM

well, in my opinion, I have experianced a better posture since eating a raw diet. I don't have so much weight in my intestines so my hips seem to want to alighn properly and I want to stand taller. I use to attempt to stand straight and use proper posture but it would seem to be an effort and my body seemed to resist being forced to use proper posture but when eating a raw diet it is easier to stand tall and walk with a berrer alighnment. I think one of the issues is haveing to much food in the intestines as well as the acid forming foods that makes the posture difficult to achieve. Because of the good feeling from eating raw foods it breaks the poor posture cycle I was in and makes me want to take further steps to exercise and strengthen my muscles.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 19, 2008 05:26PM

Yes, improving the composition of the core (gut included) can help improve posture.. the cleansing quality of raw helps..

Date: November 20, 2008 04:51AM

What about a diet that is deficient in calcium? Wouldn't
increasing the calcium in the diet helps to strengthen weak bones ?

Calcium can help us build strong bones however it cannot correct poor posture -__-
The problem is muscle tension between the bone joints from injuries and mental stress -__-
The tight compensating muscles between the bone joints is what creates in-balance in posture -__-
We can stretch tight muscles and strengthen the weak ones that will maintain balance and alignment -__-
Organic - Raw food diet - Adequate Physical Activity along with Self Help - Posturing Exercise and yoga ~__~
For me it seems to take some voluntary effort each and every day -,- however the practice is self rewarding (°_*)
pAL

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 22, 2008 07:06AM

I dunno, but this post sure does! Every time I see it I sit up straight. Thanks!

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 22, 2008 10:20AM

Also calcium plays a role in the tension of muscles while magnesium relaxes them. If your body is pulling calcium off of your bones to balance your blood, would not your muscles become more tense from this action?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables