Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

'Clogged up!!"
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: November 14, 2008 02:14AM

Ahhh advice PLEASE. I have a lot of gurgling in my tummy and I feel very clogged up..I am making bowel movements that feel so incomplete and I still feel very much like I am clogged up so to speak..Any ideas...Apple cider vinegar? I have taken Ginger, and garlic..someone let me know if you have any other ideas thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'Clogged up!!"
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 14, 2008 02:26AM

well .. personally i gotta say i took Bryans advice on a couple heads of romaine lettuce and well .. after about 5 days of some seriously clogg-upped-ness became seriously unclogged very quickly (like 2 hours at the most) tongue sticking out smiley i ate a couple heads raw with nothing added ..then blended a third one cuz i didnt feel anything happening ..well .. i think the 3rd one put me over the edge LOL

im not gonna horrify you with the details ..but it does work tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 02:31AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: November 14, 2008 02:58AM

Apple cider can be good for digestion, yes. I would recommend making sure you are getting lots of fiber rich foods, which is more or less a given on a raw foods diet, and getting adequate fat and essential fats in your diet to lubricate the colon. A big salad with some nuts, flax oil, and sprouts always works great to clean oneself out.

Using a small stool to raise your knees so you are in more of a squatting position when you eliminate works good to promote full bowel movements as well, as this is the position nature intended us to be in when we eliminate.

You could also find a good quality herbal colon cleanse at your local health food store if you wanted. Most of the cleanses out there are just herbs, so nothing newfangled that would be out of line with a raw food diet.

Those are some thoughts anyways.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 14, 2008 03:16AM

ashleekanaan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......someone let me know if
> you have any other ideas thanks!!
Forget stopgap measures like Apple Cider
Vinegar, and Garlic. Get on a Raw Food Diet, and
stay on it. Your system will soon normalize.....WY

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: November 14, 2008 03:58AM

mono meals. yoga. walking

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 14, 2008 06:17AM

Get as natural as you can. Trust natures foods as they are - FRESH and RAW. Thats all you need. Everything else is phony.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 14, 2008 07:47AM

water first thing in the morning

watermelon mono. Always does it for me. Like clockwork.

Hope all goes smoothly... winking smiley

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 14, 2008 07:42PM

just don't load up on fiber too fast; i think that over does the body - gradually add fiber into your diet is the best thing to do

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2008 08:57PM

I'm not usually a "morning person" (if you know what I mean) but yesterday and today I had 1/2 watermelon for breakfast and went minutes later. It's a good excuse for a yummy breakfast (Sprouts has them on sale if you're near one).
Otherwise, grapes.

-kai

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 14, 2008 10:23PM

today I had 1/2 watermelon for breakfast

I call watermelon my "magic breakfast" because it tastes great, provides lots of hydration after a nights sleep, and gives me a nice energy boost to start my day because it is so fast digesting on an empty stomach.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: November 14, 2008 11:48PM

Hi Ashlee, try having 1-2 green smoothies a day.

One recipe that always gets me moving is...

bunch of spinach
bunch of kale
1 apple
1 tsp of spirulina (more if you're used to it)
2 tsp of cacao powder
1 chopped medjool date
fresh cut ginger root to taste
1/2 or whole cucumber
1/2 or whole avocado (makes it smooth)
distilled water (1-2 cups)

throw it all in the blender, blend and enjoy (use less water if you have a vitamix)

green smoothies never fail to exit my system the next day and you can tell because your elimination will be green. grinning smiley

a quick edit: your bowels could be slow if you're dehydrated. if you think you may be, a quick cure could be drinking 1-2 liters of water one after the other. you will probably be running to the bathroom after that.

hope you find relief!

RA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 11:52PM by rawangel.

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: December 22, 2008 11:48PM

juiced oranges in the morning before you've eaten anything

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 23, 2008 07:18AM

Durians are rich in fiber. :O

But sometimes what NOT to eat is as important as what TO eat... Are you eating anything that might hold things up?

Grains are a big problem for me. While I was transitioning to raw, I would allow myself a teeny bit of cooked grains from time to time, and once I made the connection that my bowels would just STOP for a day (and the yucky feeling that entails), I was finally able to move beyond them.

If you continually eat lots of fresh, raw fiber, though it may take a little while, everything will eventually be cleaned out.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:07AM

Ashlee, if you can, state what your diet is like currently and how long you've been raw. You are more likely to get an accurate answer suited to your specific situation.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 23, 2008 12:00PM

Sure. The above suggestions are great. Juices like orange juice in the morning....and apple juice as your last meal of the day....and things should clean out rather quickly! Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: December 27, 2008 05:05PM

I find that if I eat big loads of banana/date/water smoothie (perhaps four glassfuls) then amazing things bowel-wise happen within an hour or two...

I don't have the smoothies *for* this effect - I just enjoy them anyway. But I have noticed that they really get things going!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables