Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

favorite books..raw and otherwise
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:18PM

with the holidays rolling around i am looking for some good reading.
any suggestions..
anything raw, healthy living, inspirational, etc...
thanks for the input.
rawstagurl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: favorite books..raw and otherwise
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 23, 2008 11:45PM

nobody has any favorite reading materials???

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 24, 2008 12:04AM

Oh yes, my all time favorites are old classics like Anna Karenina and Les Miserables.. more modern ones like The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series.. how about yours?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 24, 2008 12:14AM

Raw: Conscious Eating
Other: Dune, Watership Down, The Prophet

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 24, 2008 12:55AM

i am not a reader as humyns cannot be trusted to get it all correct over an entire book, so i prefer to be inspired by wild nature, and from the universe within...but brookib if it's the real (health) deal and "early thinkers" you seek, then search out writings by sylvester (not doug) graham, isaac jennings, russell thrall, hereward carrington, john pearson, john tilden to name a few, (from 1830 through the very early 1900's), who, while not fully downh with the raw vegan thing, did at least identify the basic causes of all dis-ease and health. from today's raw/health team, i would say browse them all but make sure you are fully aware/open/rested and your bs filter is on high frequency red alertyawning smiley), otherwise much of their sophistry, science, posturing and male bravado may appeal to an unquestioning, tired mind!

if you would like to hear more from a longtime raw/compassionate vegan/hygienist/simple traveller who has tried it all, scanned them all and decided with humility to push forward, onward and upward in connecting to the real truths...then i can be reached for "live books" most days at rawpowercolin@yahoo.com. (los angeles time usually but currently travelling on british time.)

i wish you happiness comrade yawning smiley)

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 24, 2008 07:00PM

i liked "the thrive diet" and "the china study" ; but i'm looking for conflicting books always just as much as any other book. I want a good old anthropology book..or just gearing up to take a class online smiling smiley

micheal moore's new book also looked good.."mike's election guide 2008"
and also i wanted to read "Hot, Flat and crowded" by micheal friedman..saw an interview of him on Real Time with Bill Mahr
oohh and more..of course
i have to finish "american psycho" and "the origin of species"..oh and "Be the Pack Leader".. haha..i start too many things and forget to finish them

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 24, 2008 07:42PM

I'd recommend anything by Tom Brown but most of all "The way of the scout."

A little of Hunter S Thompson (but not too much)

I'm not the best reader but I'm a very good thinker so I tend to only have time to read political/philosophical books. I wish I could fit in a novel now and then but I rarely do...

Political:
Rise of the fourth Reich - Jim Mars.
Against Oligarchy - Webster G Tarpley
Anglo American Establishment - Carrol Quigley

Philosohphical:
Golden Chain of Homer
Chariot of Antimony (pratical alchemy but very interesting)
As much as possible on systems of Logic (Wikipedia)
Then mostly 'magick' from people like Malita Denning and Israel Regardie

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 25, 2008 08:01AM

One of the most interesting books i read was glimpses of reality by 17 year fruitarian Bennito De Donno. The book isn't about fruitarianism but about the mysteries of the Universe and dismantles everything we currently believe as truth from the Big Bang to nutrition, and the true meaning of life and purpose, which is nothing like any of the mass marketed spiritual books on the same subject

[www.amazon.com]

[members.shaw.ca]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 25, 2008 07:25PM

My absolutely favorite book of all time is "The Good Earth", by Pearl S. Buck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables