Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The plain raw truth...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2009 02:36AM

I am new to the concept of raw foods. My friend has started me on the green smoothie program, and since they are so good, I've since read Go Green, and been reading/watching web surfing everything I can find on living raw. I am an obese, 51 year old woman, and I do realize time is running out on my health. Everything I have seen and heard/read seems to make sense in terms of the theories of healing your body w/raw. This website and the discussions that I've read have led me to believe that even though eating raw is healthy, it's not a magic pill. Posters on the discussion board still have problems and challenges. That is refresing because so many "healthy eating solutions" lead people to believe that whatever they are pushing is the cure-all for all health problems. Thanks for your truthfulness. It is helping me to be honest with myself and face my unhealthy lifestyle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The plain raw truth...
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:05AM

Hi ellenalso

The best way to find out about raw is to test drive it.
Take a 30 day challenge like the one on RFT. [www.rawfoodtalk.com]
Its free and you'll get plenty of newbie support.
Thats how I got started and by the end of the challenge I was (and still am) a raw foodist.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:25AM

Hi Ellen, Welcome. Good luck on your quest. There are alot of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Therese

Date: January 23, 2009 03:46AM

Hi

Raw is great, but why not try reducing the acid-forming foods first. This includes all animal products except milk, and most cereals. After awhile you may begin to add more raw food to your diet. I don't knwo your situation, only that you're overweight, so take it easy, changing too fast may put your body into a severe cleansing crisis.

My 'Body Mass Index' was fine when I began, yet I am still having these little cleansing crises due to toxins being released into my blood stream.

In my opinion, the psychological considerations are the hardest to overecome. What we've been taught regarding protein, iron and calcium, just to name the big ones, can have us doubting, and can weaken our resolve.

Take care, geo

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:40AM

geo

changing too fast may put your body into a severe cleansing crisis.

I know we are all different and each raw journey is unique. My experience on my raw journey was that my body did not try to detox all at once. It did it on its own timetable when it was ready to tackle what it considered the next priority item of detox or repair. As a raw foodist I consider my job to be to follow my inner coach's signals and to respond promptly to what it wants, be it sleep or a particular raw food or exercise or whatever.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: January 23, 2009 07:17AM

Hi All,

I started eating 85% raw on 1/1/09. Since then I have increased daily my intake of raw food. I love smoothies & I always did like fruit.

In her book '12 steps to raw food' Victoria Boutenko devotes much space to explaining our conditioning & our addictions to cooked foods as well as salts, sweets,etc. This book has forever changed the way I approach food. I never realized that food is 'SUPPOSED' to be for nutritional purposes only & not for 'comfort'.

In the meantime I am working my way to 100%. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Blessings to all on their journey.

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Date: January 23, 2009 10:47AM

Hi ez rider

Yes, I know we respond differently, that's why I said 'MAY put your body into a cleansing crisis'. I hope I haven't misunderstood your reply, I'm just trying to be helpful.

cheers geo

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:09PM

Joe,

Totally agree that Victoria Boutenko's, "12 Steps to Raw Foods . . . " is inspiring!

ellenalso, you can go back to this book any time you lose conviction or need a little pep talk and it works. I'm not one to need a lot of external reinforcement, but even I think this book really helps!

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:21PM

joewood Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>God IS love!! (1john4)
>Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
>I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Hi Joe
Is "Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven." a biblical quote like those preceeding and following?

Brad

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables