Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

liberation re: David Wolfe
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 26, 2008 06:50AM

As you seem to want to post all the bad things that David Wolfe does ..even tho must of us know him as a bit of a fruitcake anyways ... and continue to develop our own paths I thought id post some of the good things the foundation that he is president has done too. Ive included the contact info at the bottom in case you really would like to get ahold of him and let him know how you really feel smiling smiley

Accomplishments [www.ftpf.org]

FTPF has planted thousands of fruit trees across the world, with select descriptions, photos, and media stories from recent projects listed below. For a list of recent media stories and quotes only, please click here. See exactly what we are up to, and please support us by donating today!

Tana Delta Fruit Relief, Kenya
Spring, 2007 - Present: FTPF's "Fruit Relief" program launches an ongoing, life-saving effort to distribute fruit trees directly to needy families in coastal Kenya. In 2007, the program successfully donated and planted over 2000 fruit trees in the Tana Delta region, including at numerous schools. And in 2008, we have already planted more than 2000 trees in the community!

Click here for photos
Click here for video

Havasupai Tribe Community Orchard in Supai, Arizona
April, 2007 - Present: To date, FTPF's "Reservation Preservation" program has donated over 1000 fruit trees and shrubs to Havasupai tribal households and created multiple community orchards. The reservation has no roads leading in and is thus difficult to supply with a consistent source of fresh produce. The village is often referred to as the most remote in the country, requiring that the trees be airlifted down via helicopter. In conjunction with the Havasupai Tribal Administration, FTPF established 3 community fruit tree orchards which are open to all members of the tribe, and planted the remaining trees in residential backyards to provide a healthy source of improved nutrition for decades to follow. This project has created the first town in the world where every household has access to at least 5 fruit trees in their backyards.

Click here for photos
Click here for video
Click here for media: Plenty Magazine

Vrindavan Fruit Relief, India
August, 2006 - September, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Relief Vrindavan" program implemented a life-saving effort to donate 200 fruit trees directly to needy families every month. In 2007 alone, FTPF created backyard orchards for more than 700 poverty-stricken families in 27 villages. In August, 2006, FTPF created a large orchard of more than 250 fruit bearing trees and built a water well for Food For Life Vrindavan (FFL), a hunger relief group serving 1200 free meals daily to starving families. Harvest from the orchard will be used to supplement their meals program. The director of FFL wrote: “For us and for our children, FTPF’s orchard donation to supplement our hunger relief efforts will literally save lives.”

Click here for photos
Click here for media: The Hindu

Wenonah High School in Birmingham, Alabama
July, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 30 fruit trees and 10 fruiting shrubs on campus with environmental lessons for 80 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for TV coverage: Good Day Alabama
Click here for newspaper coverage: The Birmingham News

Monaview Elementary School in Greenville, South Carolina
June, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 30 fruit trees and 10 fruiting shrubs on campus and delivers environmental lessons for 25 students and horticultural training for 20 volunteers.

Click here for photos

Perspectives-Calumet Charter School in Chicago, Illinois
June, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 31 fruit trees and 7 fruiting shrubs on campus and delivers environmental lessons for high school students and horticultural training for 35 volunteers.

Click here for photos

Interamerican Magnet School in Chicago, Illinois
June, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 30 fruit trees and 10 fruiting shrubs on campus and delivers environmental lessons for 45 students and horticultural training for 30 volunteers.

Click here for photos

Steven K. Hayt Elementary School in Chicago, Illinois
June, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 15 fruit trees and 15 fruiting shrubs on campus and delivers environmental lessons for 40 students and horticultural training for 12 volunteers.

Click here for photos

Waikiki Elementary School in Honolulu, Hawaii
April, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 60 fruit trees on campus with environmental lessons for 45 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Waialua Elementary School in Waialua, Hawaii
March, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 33 fruit trees on campus with environmental lessons for 25 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

Environmental Charter High School in Lawndale, California
March, 2008: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 60 fruit trees and shrubs on campus with environmental lessons for 150 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: The Daily Breeze, The Los Angeles Times

Ziwani Primary School in Tana Delta, Kenya
February, 2008: Description: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 80 fruit trees and shrubs on campus, including mangoes, soursops, jackfruits, and rolineas, with environmental lessons for 300 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for video

Albert Einstein Academies in San Diego, California
December, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 40 fruit trees and shrubs on campus, including an entire citrus grove, with environmental lessons for students.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: Good Morning San Diego

Midvale Elementary School in Madison, Wisconsin
October, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 70 fruit trees and shrubs on campus, with environmental lessons for 125 students.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: The Capital Times

Learning Garden Laboratory in Portland, Oregon
May-November, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants 124 fruit trees and shrubs on this campus which serves 10 Portland area public schools with educational opportunities and harvest for school lunches. Plants included almonds, filberts, figs, cherries, apples, Asian pears, persimmons, olives, aronia, seaberries, serviceberries, and honeyberries.

Click here for photos
Click here for media: The Oregonian, The Bee

Tryon Life Community Farm in Portland, Oregon
May, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Relief" program creates community orchard as a resource for improved nutrition as part of the annual Village Building Convergence program in Portland.

Click here for photos

San Ysidro High School in San Diego, California
March, 2007: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants an orchard for students at this school, just miles from the Mexican border.

Click here for photos

Palmer Way Elementary School in National City, California
September, 2006: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants orchard for improved nutrition and educational opportunities for students. An official with the school district wrote: “We expect the FTPF orchards planted at each school to last for decades, giving our students the opportunity to receive environmental education that would not otherwise be available to them.”

Click here for photos

Ira Harbison Elementary School in National City, California
September, 2006: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants orchard for improved nutrition and educational opportunities for students. An official with the school district wrote: “We expect the FTPF orchards planted at each school to last for decades, giving our students the opportunity to receive environmental education that would not otherwise be available to them.”

Click here for photos

Elizabeth T. Hughbanks Elementary School in Rialto, California
July, 2006: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants orchard for improved nutrition and educational opportunities for students.

Click here for photos

Dr. John H. Milor High School in Rialto, California
July, 2006: FTPF's "Fruit Tree 101" program plants orchard for improved nutrition and educational opportunities for students.

Click here for photos

Manzanita Band of the Kumeyaay Nation in Boulevard, California
July, 2006: FTPF's "Reservation Preservation" program planted 40 mature fruit trees in a community fruit tree orchard for improved tribal nutrition.

Click here for photos

Tree of Life in Patagonia, Arizona
July, 2006: FTPF's "Roots of Recovery" program donated 72 fruit trees to this world-renowned nonprofit healing center that has helped many recover from debilitating illnesses through diet and lifestyle choices. The center will use excess harvest to donate to local food banks.

Click here for photos

Shakti Rising in San Diego, California
March, 2006: FTPF's "Roots of Recovery" program donated a small orchard to this innovative drug rehab center.

Mesa Grande Band of Mission Indians in Santa Ysabel, California
March, 2006: FTPF's "Reservation Preservation" program planted 40 mature fruit trees in a community fruit tree orchard for improved tribal nutrition. After planting the trees, birds immediately perched on their branches and neighborhood children began exploring their new orchard. The tribal chief wrote to us that they would “appreciate [our] efforts for years to come!”

Click here for photos

Hurricane Katrina Food Relief in New Orleans and Texas
September, 2005: After the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, FTPF donated two large truckloads of fresh produce to help those serving free meals to natural disaster victims.

Click here for photos

Manna Home for Drug Recovery in Santa Rosa, California
August, 2005: FTPF's "Roots of Recovery" program planted an orchard at this drug rehab center for women to use for improved nutrition in their programs.

Click here for photos

The Rose Homeless Shelter in Santa Rosa, California
August, 2005: FTPF's "Fruit Relief" program planted an orchard at this homeless shelter for women and children for residents to use for improved nutrition. Excess harvest from the trees will be donated to a local food bank.

Click here for photos

Costa Rica Tree Planting and Erosion Prevention Workshops
Summer, 2004: FTPF held erosion prevention workshops in Costa Rica to help locals improve environmental sustainability. In the process, FTPF planted more than 1000 trees, medicinal herbs, and companion plants.

Brazil Tree Planting and Sustainability Workshops
April, 2004: FTPF horticulturist, Dennis Sharmahd, teaches sustainability principles in Brazil and plants groves of fruit trees.

Western U.S. Mass Tree Plantings
2002 - 2004: FTPF planted more than 2000 trees in Hawaii and Southern California to improve environmental conditions.

The Fruit Tree Planting Foundation (FTPF)
P.O. Box 900113
San Diego , CA 92190

Tel: 831-621-8096
Toll-free: 877-884-7570
Fax: 831-621-7978
info@ftpf.org
www.ftpf.or
or

david@21daystohealth.com
David "Avocado" Wolfe

50 Greenwood Avenue, 2nd Floor, Bethel, CT 06801, USA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 07:01AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: liberation re: David Wolfe
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 26, 2008 08:00AM

Fantastic. It's so wonderful to hear about this

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 26, 2008 11:39AM

really jgunn, much appreciated.

i know david wolfe is a good, very nice person, and well-intentioned, as are we all; and indeed, he has single-handedly been, in my view, the most positively influential person on the planet in terms of mobilising significant numbers of people towards a raw/vegan lifestyle choice, and widely publicizing this dietary option.

however, as karl marx reminds us everyday when we look around at those WE elevate to leadership roles through OUR disempowerment, "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". long ago, he began to believe his hype, which often happens with the fragile male ego, says this HE:O)

in the last 8 years or so, david wolfe has begun to "pied piper" style, lead impressionable raw/vegan newcomers down some very silly and toxic sideroads with all the science and products, and his departure from compassionate veganism was the "final straw" for me.

the loudest voice is not necessarily the clearest! (as i often observe to my personal costyawning smiley)

anyway, thank you again for the info reminder on david, and admittedly, he's doing a whole lot more than i am to move this species to a better way of living. i shall ease up on david wolfe, whom i have known since his early days out there, and with whom i will always share a hug, chat and laugh.

yawning smiley)

love and liberation

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 26, 2008 09:59PM

hey jay gunn

this is waay cool smiling smiley

whatever the flack people say about david wolfe

so what?

i choose to focus on all the fantastic stuff that he does

which is a lot

kudos to u DW

!!!!!!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 26, 2008 10:28PM

Fantastic thread Jgunn!!!

I love your 'tude!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 26, 2008 11:25PM

thanks folks smiling smiley i still think David is a nutjob tho tongue sticking out smiley .. and fear his whole system is gonna implode on himself .. tombstone reading *death by chocolate* ..

but well ..david will be david .. i really watch him more for entertainment value .. hes chosen his path and others chooseto follow him

its not my path tho smiling smiley

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 27, 2008 01:56AM

soo i guess he likes planting fruit trees

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 29, 2008 02:28PM

I love a lot of the stuff DW talks about,his interest in around and ormus I find really interesting. He reminds me of einstein when he talks about this, he seems so passionate

I think unfortunately the stuff around cacao and superfoods, cacao in particular make people think all the stuff he talks about is rubbish.

Maybe he needs the money from these product to further his research in his areas of interest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables