Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Local foods???
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 26, 2008 11:35PM

Hi, I have come here to find out more about this 'natural' way of eating.

I am vegetarian and I do not eat milk products, I have been reading about raw foods and have been trying some raw recipes, mainly the sweet fruit ones so far. I try and have salad for one of my meals a day and all for eating things as naturally as possible.
Now the problem I am having with the books I have read so far (shazzie- detox your world, Kate Wood - living raw and raw magic) about raw foods is that most of the food I haven't heard of and is imported and expensive.
I like to eat U.K, preferably local farm shop produce, better quality and better for the enviroment. So my question is (and isn't to cause offense) but how is it natural for me to eat a food which grows on the other side of the world and has to be soaked and blended?
I have looked at Storm and Jingee's website (thegardendiet.com) and seen their dvd and as far as I can gather they live off what they grow and also buy local produce, but they live in California where it is hot most of the time so can grow a more variety of fruits and veges. But even they must buy some imported produce such as nuts and banana's.

Can anyone help me with these questions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local foods???
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 27, 2008 12:22AM

how is it natural for me to eat a food which grows on the other side of the world

I look at natural foods as foods that are of the earth. I view it as a good thing that some of my food isn't grown in my neighborhood because there are different nutrients in different fields and localities. When I taste a ripe pineapple for example I can appreciate that it is grown in the same earth that I came from.

Along that same thought train I find simple eating to be a closer connection to the earth from which I sprang so I find the greatest pleasure in eating the simple foods of the earth. Most of my diet is simple fresh raw foods.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 27, 2008 01:48AM

that's why i like the idea of the macrobiotic diet! check into that one.. smiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 27, 2008 05:23PM

I live in the UK and it's funny but Shazzie's Detox your World was the first book I came across too. I think she fired me up to take a good look at my life and what I ate etc. but I quickly moved on.

I eat the fruit and veg that I grow in the summer and in the winter - well- yes I eat a lot of imported stuff. I try to choose carefully with regard to ethics, fairtrade and my budget.

I eat NO superfoods, dehydrated foods or any manufactured 'raw food product'. I keep it all very simple - just as it comes. I have found that this suits me best.

As to the foods that you haven't heard of - well I'm afraid I am rather cynical about most of those and think that they mostly benefit those that market them. I am convinced that they are unnecessary.

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 28, 2008 01:10AM

appreciate your simple, unfussy, no-drama, words of wisdom from the moorlands flipperjanyawning smiley)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables