Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Moving past bananas?!?
Posted by: ecjames1120 ()
Date: November 29, 2008 11:17PM

So, I am really trying to follow the 80/10/10 diet closely, but I am so sick of bananas I never want to see another banana again! Are there any raw alternatives to bananas that are as filling/calorie-dense as bananas but aren't as sweet? (Something like potatoes-if only they could be eaten raw...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moving past bananas?!?
Posted by: irena ()
Date: November 29, 2008 11:39PM

Try blending bananas with some berries or mangoes and little bit of water. Changing the texture might help.

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:00AM

Right now my main calorie source is persimmons. Soon it will be cherimoyas and tangerines, then oranges. No need to limit yourself to bananas. I know you said "not as sweet as bananas." You can adjust the sensation of sweetness by increasing or decreasing the amount of greens you eat with each bite of fruit. If persimmons, cherimoyas, bananas, etc, are too sweet for you, try eating them with lettuce.

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:45PM

i eat dates maan
order ones online, that's always fun

Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:33PM

Not sure if this is the case with you, but eating under ripe bananas (when they're not covered with brown spots and very sweet) will make me gag. A lot of people say they don't like bananas, but I think they're not eating them when they're ripe. When yellow they're still mostly starch. When they're heavily spotted brown they're mostly sugar.

Or you could just be sick of bananas. Other good fruits are persimmons, oranges, tangerines, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables