Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
the delusions of the disturbed humyn mind!
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: November 30, 2008 09:52PM

sure, there's some good stuff being kicked around on here, however, is it just me, or comrades, are some of the recent questions becoming quite ridiculous? ...or are they meant to just "push buttons" and be contrary?

should we drink piss?

inject chloraphyll or wheatgrass as a replacement for blood?

should we consume sugar-fed mutant mushrooms?

should we eat organ meats?

is boiled fruit juice worse than raw juice?

(sure, it's good to be questioning, and of course i can go read something else, but i visited this forum to check if my fellow travellers on the raw path had any more idea about optimal humyn health than those on the s.a.d. one?)

just asking, comradesyawning smiley)

lightness n brightness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the delusions of the disturbed humyn mind!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 30, 2008 10:09PM

I dont think they are meant to push buttons .. alot of people genuinely beleive in the above practices and are perhaps seeking to find the other side of the coin so to speak ..thus the questions, perhaps these practices are not sitting with them and they are looking for that *contrary* information .. which leads us to having these discussions

without sounding like a broken record ( tongue sticking out smiley ) this is one of the few raw vegan boards where just about any question comes up and discussions abound , its not run by some guru or someone forcing you to discuss raw foods only based around *their* doctrine

know what i mean jelly bean ? smiling smiley

Date: November 30, 2008 10:39PM

...and now ladies n gents, tonight i add c/o comrade komby, drinking sheep milk, to the burgeoning list of questionable postings!

so, sure, i know what you mean jelly beanyawning smiley) n i truly respect your "even-handed" manner, but you say, a "vegan" board? well to you, it may seem so, but if perceived health is in question, then all (or most) compassionate vegan betting is off round here!

still diggin' the forum, but oh my sometimes!"!"

creating love, peace and liberation for ALL life and the earth through positive personal choices and universal compassion.

c

Date: November 30, 2008 10:49PM

no i dont think all bets are off ..Komby merely said what they do .. they arent discussing it .. they arent even advocating it or advising it

and if Bryan feels its innapropriate he will move it down to off topic or other health (such as the urine drinking)

the question is how disturbed you allow YOUR humyn mind to get over such things smiling smiley

sending you a PM (private message)

Date: November 30, 2008 10:58PM

point taken from yer ever focused ray gun, AGAIN jgunn:O) i'm off for a piss, kombucha, chloraphyll n sheep milk smoothie to dull my disturbanceyawning smiley)

Date: November 30, 2008 11:06PM

liberation that DOES NOT sound like good food combining haha !! LOL ! id stick to yer intuition winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 30, 2008 11:11PM

I really appreciate the free form forum that this forum is. I used to post on another forum but got a "shut your face" letter from them asking me never to mention mono meals again because the forum guru didn't practice them and they were off limits. It wasn't like I was advocating eating mono meals I had just mentioned mono meals once in a post. This forum is so much more open to all ideas and inputs and thats why I post here. By the way I mention mono meals here frequently and have never gotten a "shut your face" letter from them. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 11:16PM by EZ rider.

Date: November 30, 2008 11:13PM

it's getting private jodi...perhaps we should "get a room";o)))) now that'll calm me down...

oooerrr, i feel principal bryan on my trail...

Date: November 30, 2008 11:18PM

take your valuable point ez, but how can you compare "mono meals" with the list of oddities in my post???

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2008 11:28PM

Getting our buttons pushed is good for us. Like our sparring partner noticing & taking advantage of our weaknesses so we can strength them for tournaments (or back alley brawls, being the juice bar of course).

My question about pasteurized juice was serious. smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 01, 2008 12:03AM

liberation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i visited this
> forum to check if my fellow travellers on the raw
> path had any more idea about optimal humyn health
> than those on the s.a.d. one?)
>
> just asking, comradesyawning smiley)

I wonder the same thing myself. It helps to avoid
certain topics and to take periodic breaks. Definitely
there is more than the fair share of kookiness here.

But despite what people write here, there is real
merit in increasing f+v consumption way beyond the
"norm."

Also, now and then you will find something genuinely
worth reading, if not for genuinely informative
reasons,for motivational reasons.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 01, 2008 01:09AM

You spelled HUMAN wrong

Date: December 01, 2008 01:20AM

surprised you did not get the intent suvine, as you seem to be a creator?

i do not accept that all humyns are derived from man, or that all humyn experience be told in HIS-stories, as our society constantly seeks to DICKtate, and therfore i often modify my use of language (within understandable reason) to more honestly reflect a compassionate and respectful view on life.

humyn tales are for re-writing...and as, was it the immense, joe strummer(?) stated, "the future is unwritten"!

create your own view suvine...

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 01, 2008 01:56AM

oh come on. if a community is too set in their ways to acknowledge another side of something - what's the point in discussing?

Oh, let's discuss how great eating an apple is. Let's discuss why the raw diet is so wonderful and the only thing ever to be accepted by all of us.

The fact is, nothing is perfect, and people bring up discussion obviously because there are flaws in everything and every flaw is worth picking through and figuring out without assumption and incorrect statements considered facts.

i like the discussions that people bring up - it's good to think in a way that is accepting of any possible theory, i feel

it's kind of like...expecting a married couple to be happy with each other every waking second just because they've got rings on their fingers; or at least faking it entirely. which is what would be happening

actually maybe people are afraid to post what they think is conflicting...for fear of rejection..but I say go for it; as long as people aren't bashing raw food itself, anything is worth discussing to further knowledge

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: December 01, 2008 02:45AM

Myn, I dig them Fuji apples. A good one will have a grape like quality to the taste.

I love you

david

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: December 01, 2008 06:56AM

EZ rider...you weren't allowed to mention 'mono meals'? How incredibly daft. What forum was that?

Date: December 01, 2008 07:05AM

Liberation, re 'humyn'
I know why you're using it, but...are you aware that it just comes across as...irritating (for no deeper reason than the word is misspelt) and it shrieks 'woman in her fifties in a Seventies time-warp'. Sorry!
Love, Debbie

Date: December 01, 2008 07:29AM

OK, I'm thinking...perhaps that was a bit strong.

It's just that your use of the word 'humyn' detracts from what you're saying, and, reading some of your other posts, think this would be a pity.

BTW, I am a woman of 50 (and realise you could be a man :-))

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 01, 2008 08:18AM

This is such a funny thread. Well Done Debbie - I still don't know why Liberation is using humyn.

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 01, 2008 08:25AM

<...and now ladies n gents, tonight i add c/o comrade komby, drinking sheep milk, to the burgeoning list of questionable postings!

so, sure, i know what you mean jelly beanyawning smiley) n i truly respect your "even-handed" manner, but you say, a "vegan" board? well to you, it may seem so, but if perceived health is in question, then all (or most) compassionate vegan betting is off round here!>

Okay...

I'm not perfect, I didn't think anyone here would expect me to be.

Yet I made the post about raw milk because I was ready to become a full raw vegan...Yet you seem to get in the way of that fact because now I'm a little worried it will make me irrate.

You have two options and they depend on the outcome you are seeking. One is to try to talk down on people seeking the truth and two to help those inquiring minds to understand the truth. The usual goal of the first option is to grandstand and the second is to have patience and to bring a change in another person.

I have genuine long term concerns about vegan...Right now, the science is not there to make a full conclusion. So I'm asking questions, reading and then trying to experience things for myself. When I look into nature, I see our closest relatives eating certain animal products, so this brings up legitimate questions.

However, it doesn't prove things one way or another. Chimps might just eat these products for the same reason humans eat cooked meat...All I'm saying is that the science is out.

So I look into our community. Most people are very nice, very healthy and it really is a good sign. One of my best teachers said "There are no stupid questions" and so although I may have asked a question about Urine therapy, it doesn't mean that I do it, I was just looking at other peoples opinions on it.

I don't quite know how another person can judge anothers compassion from across the internet. Compassion is a feeling, not a statement and then a newage affirmation texted at the end. I don't think anyone can show themselves to be better than another simply by calling another out on their debatably uncompassionate choices, especially when this person currently has his mind open and is willing to learn.

Date: December 01, 2008 11:03AM

womyn comradesyawning smiley) please...your quaint categorizing view of who you perceive i might be is not taken personally in the remotest manner...i am lotsa colourful influences and insights in any given moment...however, i respectfuly encourage you to acknowledge that language in all of it's forms, within reasonable boundaries of comprehension is, and always`has been fluid...so let's create, express n flow...

as i mentioned to suvine who also decided i was misspelling 'humyn' last night, "the future is unwritten", as the massive joe strummer, was it, put it...

maybe i'm now too hippy dippy for yer...oh well...self-limiting boxes are for breaking out of...

love n light

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 01, 2008 11:18AM

yawn

Date: December 01, 2008 11:49AM

upon reflection kombayiashii, i sense you are correct in muany of your observations, however, i encourage you to also, as you recommend, "feel", in clear preference to waiting for science to ever, ever get it's inherently limited head around the wonders of the universe and nature.

...and, debbietook, i am not a womyn, not chronologically at the age you guess, and not stuck in "the 70's", tho' some of the music does remain enduringly marvy...if you must box your perception in, a few things i am : a male of the species that actually seeks to question a n d even, feels!!!.,, but still reacts from fragile male ego sometimes...

ps, yawning flipperjan, if your blood is lacking oxygen, i recommend breathing some of today's crisp west country air;o)

Date: December 01, 2008 02:54PM

Liberation, you say I am a creator?

Creator of what?

I asked a question on another thread. It was a valid question.

Lalita ( friend of Dr. Ann's ) from Ann Wigmore in PR said she knew two guys who injected wheatgrass. Both were fine.

I have photos of them in class snorting wheatgrass too, so believe me I am curious! I mentioned it in passing.

How is that not a valid question? Are you saying I am disturbed? I beg to differ!

Why do I have to defend myself? Am I allowed to post in peace without someone nitpicking? Please respect me, I never did anything to you.

I come here in friend ship and honesty. I don't like being personally attacked. I do not think anyone does. Don't exclude me like this anymore.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 03:01PM by suvine.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 01, 2008 03:19PM

Suvine!

Very interesting photos! I see now how you were prompted to ask about intravenous chlorophyll on that other thread--the people in these photos are really doing a "topical" application of chlorophyll to oxygentate the immediate area of the sinuses or the cornea of the eye. I know of people who apply fresh wheatgrass juice to burns and cuts, as the oxygen in it instantly kills nasty bacteria. Still, I don't think it's a chemical substitute for blood though--hemoglobin, yes, blood, no.

liberation, you cheeky jester, you! I suppose you mean to challenge us to stay more focused on the strictest raw vegan topics. However, we creatures with prefrontal cortexes learn not just by observation, but by induction and deduction. We have to intellectually survey all aspects of a subject before drawing a conclusion, evanescent or no. Man does not live by intuition and Spidey Senses alone! Asking questions about fringe aspects of this lifestyle is TOTALLY valid. It's how we form schema in our brains by which to make subsequent choices. I find the outre questions challenging, fascinating, even. Which I suspect is a main reason people join a board such as this : ) BTW, keep up with the gender neutral re-spelling, and soon you'll be in Glossolalia-land with Percy Granger and the rest!

Date: December 01, 2008 03:24PM

well, yet again suvine, without seeing the face, feeling the intention, noting the tone, observing body language etc., there is potential for the misinterpretation of inet expressed words.

i used "creator" ie. merely being creative, as per for example, your lovely colorful pics, and this was related to your saying i had missplelt human, which i had done deliberately as explained.

no real "attack" on you elsewhere, although injecting a n y t h i n g i would assert remains completely unnatural, if not ridiculous, whether grass or any other substance.

again though on a broader level, i am starkly reminded that being surprised at another's choices is a waste of one's energy as they are not us and therefore they cannot be depended upon to make choices as we might do. that is not saying we or they are right or wrong in their choices i hasten to add, before someone gets defensive again, but merely a comment on expectation of others.

so, maybe if i lapse into expectation, rather than openly posing questions, this forum is the wrong place at the wrong time for me?

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 01, 2008 04:56PM

This is about raw food SUPPORT; liberation, not about making someone feel like a fool because they are just beginning and asking honest questions, we are here to learn from eachother and no one should feel admonished or pushed away from the board because YOU think they asked a stupid question, keep that to yourself.
Have some COMPASSION!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2008 04:57PM by meganbubbs.

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 01, 2008 05:31PM

I had no idea what you meant by humyn...

Wouldn't it be easier if you went back to 'mans' original androgynous meaning? That way all you would need to do is revert one word for adult males back to 'wer' as in werewolf and there'd be no need for all that Frankfurt school stuff.

Date: December 01, 2008 05:38PM

I will try to live up to your expectation of intelligent conscious raw foodists , Liberation. Thanks for letting me know what you expect.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 01, 2008 07:22PM

I thought "humyn" was a typo ;-)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables