Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What kind of water do you drink?
Posted by: SurfinBird ()
Date: December 01, 2008 04:49AM

Hey guys,

Just wondering what kind of water everyone is drinking, and or what kind of water filtration system you have in your home?

I have been using Brita water containers with carbon filters for the last several years, but I have recently been finding myself using more and more water for things like sprouts wheatgrass etc, and I don't want to be using tap water for any of that. The capacity of the little brita container is so small, I've been looking into what other options are available. Since I live in an apartment I'm not sure I would be able to install an under the counter filtration system, and I also know some of those can get quite expensive.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What kind of water do you drink?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 01, 2008 08:16AM

At the risk of being screamed at by EVERYONE on this board - I drink tap water.

(She ducks and hastily erects bomb shelter!)

Posted by: liberation ()
Date: December 01, 2008 12:14PM

so flipperjan, i am honestly interested how you arrived at this choice of tapwater, given that you appear here as a measured decision maker? no sarcasm whatsoever intended there, as i am in my daylight "everything is lovely" modeyawning smiley)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2008 03:37PM

I drink distilled water from my local grocery store,in the white plastic jugs.
But I understand that that kind of plastic does NOT leach into the water.
Only containers with the #4 do??

Brian

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 01, 2008 05:00PM

I drink the britta filtered water and use tap water for sprouts,

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 01, 2008 07:17PM

I drink the britta filtered water and use tap water for sprouts

I have always heard that the purist water a person can get is from inside the plant like watermelon for example. If thats true, and I believe it to be, then it logically follows that the sprouts and other plants do a great job of filtering. Many people get all their water for their bodies from the plants they eat in order to get that very clean plant water.

Date: December 01, 2008 07:23PM

That's interesting EZ rider. The same thought occured to me, but I would still like to see if that can be verified in any way.

I just find tap water so toxic anymore. After you use a carbon filter for both your shower and drinking water, any exposure to hard-chlorinated water feels really abrasive, let alone a swimming pool (yikes).

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 01, 2008 07:54PM

We've been using a Pur filter, but it just broke, so for the time being we're using tap. We're looking into maybe getting an Aquasana filter.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 01, 2008 11:22PM

Tap.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 01, 2008 11:24PM

sand point artesian spring from a friends place .. bring it home in plastic jugs and decant it into glass bottles into the fridge smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 03, 2008 06:11PM

Reverse osmosis filtered--trace minerals added back in. Fluoride and chlorine undermine your thyroid, so I don't drink tap water. It would be nice to have a spring nearby . . .

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 04, 2008 12:35AM

We have an artesian well at the inn where I work. Before we found our filter in our stuff (when we first moved to Mass.), I brought home water from work in glass bottles. Maybe I'll do that again until we get our next filter. The tap water where we are isn't horrible though (I think). There's a spring near our family's summer home and when we go there we bring gallons back with us.

Date: December 06, 2008 09:28PM

Hey, I found some really amazing looking filters on www.aquasana.com. They carry both shower filters and tap filters, and they look top notch. Very great pricing too.

Just thought I'd enlighten everyone in case anybody else is out there looking for a good home filtration system as well. Between the shower filters and on-tap filters I can't think of a better way to get your drinking water, short of straight from a spring. I am not a fan of distillation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 09:28PM by SurfinBird.

Date: December 06, 2008 09:30PM

And by the way if you haven't showered under purified water you are missing out. Hot steamy chlorinated showers suck in comparison.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables