Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox and Kidney Stones
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: May 25, 2009 01:12PM

Do you think passing a kidney stone could be from detoxing? I've been high raw for 15 days and had a stone moving last night. I had my first kidney stone in December caused by the cortisone I was taking. I've been off the cortisone for 4 months. I was thinking maybe being raw is detoxing some of the cortisone I was on for 4 years....<shrug>?...owie.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox and Kidney Stones
Posted by: kollie ()
Date: May 26, 2009 07:22AM

Hi.
I don't know the answer to your question, but I've had kidney stones and I have some advice for you. First keep hydrated, because if you dry out the stone is more likely to create a urine blockage, and as you may already know, the pain from that is incredible. Second have Percocet or some other really strong pain med on hand. In case you have to go to the ER, don't count on them giving a crap about your pain until a doctor sees you and puts you thou all kinds of tests, which can be hours away!
Good Luck

Re: Detox and Kidney Stones
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: May 28, 2009 12:27PM

I've heard that lemon juice can cause kidney stones, but lemon juice also disolves them (like Limeaway disolves buildup) and consistant use of lemon juice can really reduce them. So perhaps, while a stone is being disolved it breaks loose?

Chanca Piedra relaxes the smooth muscles in the kidneys so the stones can pass, I've heard of taking it when you have a kidney stone that's hurting you to help the kidney stone get on its way. Chanca Piedra also causes some cramping on it's own.
[www.wholeworldbotanicals.com]
"Research done in Brazil at the Federal University of Santa Catarina in 1984 on Chanca Piedra revealed an alkaloid (phyllanthoside) in the leaves and stem with strong antispasmodic activity. It served as a relaxing agent for smooth muscles and they concluded that its spasmolytic action probably accounted for the efficacy of chanca piedra in expelling stones."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 12:28PM by tropical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables