Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Agave Syrup
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: December 02, 2008 05:56PM

Received this article on agave syrup yesterday; thought I would post to see what kind of feedback you guys have to give - just curious...

[tinyurl.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 05:57PM by Soraya.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Agave Syrup
Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 02, 2008 10:26PM

Yes,I've heard about it.Even Gabriel Cousens is telling to not sue agave anymore.
I alredy stopped it for good.I just bought some lucuma powder and I think that in the near future I'll stop sweets.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 02, 2008 10:27PM

sorry ,he is telling to not use agave anymore.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 02, 2008 11:07PM

Whoa... glad I'm not using that stuff any more. I tried it for awhile, but didn't feel right when i used it, so I stopped. It's expensive too.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 02, 2008 11:22PM

the article doesnt suprise me .. inthe last couple of years ive seen so many posts from people trying to find RAW agave nectar ..and not being able to truly find a source .. now it makes sense .. because its not possible ! LOL thanks for the article smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:12AM

Yeah, thanks; I didn't know. Farther down in the article they talked about feeding bees corn syrup so they'd process it as honey. That's sketchy, too (just what the bees need in this polluted world -- people feeding them GMO corn syrup). I guess it's dates or ripe bananas if I want something sweetened.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:15AM

yea thats a huge problem too sundancer about the bees .. alot of bee guys are now thinking that the years of feeding the corn syrup has weakened the bees immune systems whichis causing alot of death in beekeeping , another example of humans messing with nature and screwing it up

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: December 03, 2008 03:50AM

I used agave a few times when I was transitioning to (higher) raw, but my body wasn't digging it that much, for whatever reason, so it went bye-bye-bye...

Here's some more info that I just received and will share in the interest of fairness and discussion - since there are always multiple sides to a story ;] Here's more reading for you!

Rami Nagel's article on Agave has proven to be
controversial, to say the least, and with all things
there are more opinions. So here we go...

I received the following letter today in favor
of Blue Agave Nectar:

[tinyurl.com]

More info in favor of this nectar is found at:
[www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com]

Happy SWEET reading!

Karen Adler
Tooth SoapĀ® Support GREEN Team

Date: December 03, 2008 04:18AM

the T. Nefzger article doesnt addressthat its still processed to get the *nectar* ... seems like a mislabled product .. it should be called syrup .. like corn and maple .. smiling smiley the 2nd link shows the difference of the two ..syrup and nectar .. but im guessing alot of the stuff sold as nectar is probably syrup

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 04:20AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: December 03, 2008 01:04PM

LOL Jodi!!! ;p

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: December 06, 2008 05:47AM

So...

What do we use instead of agave when stevia tastes too odd? =\

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 06, 2008 03:04PM

Brendan brazier talks about it as good because of it's power to slowly release energy (fructose). I guess if it doesn't cause any big problems for you, you shouldn't be scared to use it. Just not on EVERYthing. Sugar is so over used in the U.S. >> packaged things, restaurants, canned things, BOXed things..everything.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 06, 2008 08:52PM

OMG!

IS IT TRUE IT'S "LEVULOSE" THAT WE REALLY EAT, AND NOT FRUCTOSE?

Agave Nectar: A Rebuttal to Misinformed Attacks on this Natural Sweetener...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 11, 2008 02:32PM

[www.naturalnews.com]
Agave Nectar: A Rebuttal to Misinformed Attacks on this Natural Sweetener
Thursday, December 11, 2008 by: Craig Gerbore, President of Madhava

On a professional note, I have coached many diabetics who used Agave Nectar instead of the maple syrup in the Master Cleanser and were able to immediately get off their medications. I have also had students with Candida issues who could not tolerate the maple syrup, but did just fine using Agave. Of course, I would prefer those with diabetes and Candida issues to stick with green juices while they're doing a Juice Feast, but sometimes we have to be practical and do what is available.

Peace and Love........John

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 13, 2008 06:08PM

Sundancer and whoever else cares,

If you can find a good local honey farmer, you should be able to get real raw honey. My honey farmer uses non-GMO bees, feeds them the previous hive's honey, minimally processes his hives[my mom jokingly called him the Bee Whisperer], and has his honey tested regularily in agricultural college labs for synthetic contaminants like pesticides; it's always "clean." He bottles it immediately using a nontoxic, sanitary, heat-free process employing a dispenser he invented himself. His honey is a superior food. There are beekeepers like him all over the country. Farmers markets are a good starting point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables