Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

week 3 on raw
Posted by: Jake6 ()
Date: December 12, 2008 05:06AM

just posting this as my personal experience thinking someone starting off might find some insight. Still drinking about a quart of green smoothies a day and the rest of my food consist of fruit. The third week has definitely been the hardest. First 2 weeks were pretty easy. Weather here has turned cold and I stay cold all the time. I have never been a cold natured person. I guess you might say I have hit a wall. I am craving cooked foods as much as I have craved anything in my life. Every evening I just craved something cooked. I even fell off the wagon a little this week. I are some jalepeno stuffed olives, right from the grocery store, nope they weren't organic or anything like that. Just some salty olives.Oh yea, also had some jalapeno peppers with them. The cravings have been really strong this week. When so cold don't really want anymore fruit, but eat it for the calories and to keep me from getting hungry. Hoping these cravings will pass soon, they are really bad in the evenings. I did add some flax seed oil to my daily routine since I figured I was not getting any fats from the fruits or smoothie. Oh yea, started catching a cold today also, figure that will make things even more interesting. Well there is my 3rd week diary.
'Thanks to all the people that have answered my previous post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: week 3 on raw
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 12, 2008 05:35AM

i found tossing slices of zuchini with a bit of olive oil and powdered garlic helped me with alot of savory type cravings i was missing smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: JohnVattik ()
Date: December 12, 2008 05:46AM

I always found that avocado helped to replace the cravings for cooked olives. Fortunately for me I live in California, easy to get avocados year-round.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 12, 2008 06:40AM

The cravings have been really strong this week.

That should tell you something about the addictive nature of cooked food.
Hang in there and you will see the cravings diminish just like any other addictive substance your body is trying to get free of. Natural raw foods don't have the same kind of habit cravings - they just satisfy hunger. Natural raw food desires signal with more of a hunger urge that isn't the same as addictive habit cravings. Get free of the habit cravings and you will soon be able to tell the difference. The signal for raw food is more like experiencing actual hunger sometimes accompanied by a specific desire for a raw food rather then habit cravings. Sometimes the hunger signal is just for raw foods in general which means that your body is requesting carbs to run on but when the hunger signal is also for a specific raw food then the request is for specific nutrients. Give it some time and get yourself free and you'll see what I mean. At first the habit cravings confuse the signals and make them hard to read. I have found reading my body signals easier with time and the more pure raw I become. Its all very natural when the body signals get clear and easy to read and can act as your coach.
After you have gotten clear you can appreciate the beauty of the hunger signals and not be afraid of them as they are your friend. I have found that waiting for the signals eliminates "mindless eating" and other eating distortions and it all becomes very natural and healthy.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 12, 2008 06:52AM

Here are some things that I found helped me clear the static and get more readable signals from my body to help me in determining what and when to feed my body:
+) eating an all raw, fresh, high fiber, vegan diet
+) drinking plenty of clean pure water
+) getting as pure raw as possible (possible exception: B12 supplement)
+) eating raw food with minimum oxidation
+) eating organic when possible
+) eating simply, not eating recipes
+) eating more mono meals
+) waiting on hunger signals
+) eating smaller meals throughout the day
+) yearly clean water only fast (medium length)
+) maintaining a Natural Hygiene lifestyle.
+) time - as my body gets cleaner my body signals continue to get clearer

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: December 13, 2008 05:56PM

cravings could mean you're not eating enough, too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables