Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mucus mucus and more mucus please help
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: December 15, 2008 12:22AM

HI there... so as you may have gathered... i am having troubles with mucus... and i'm not talking this cold/flu thing that is going around...cause it's not that... i have post nasal drip... it's like globules in the back of my throat... i know a pretty picture... but i thought being raw would help this...but it's almost worse... and granted i will admit to being only about 90% raw... still it seems to be an issue..

i am also having troubles with being hoarse... my uncle called and said my voice sounded higher... it's so frustrating to me... i want to scream... cause i'm a singer... and this is not a good thing... because it is deffinately having an affect on my voice... i think it must be tied in with all the mucus... but don't know...i just have this constant drain of icky goueyness sliding down the back of my throat... and i'm so very tired of it... any suggestions are most welcomed...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mucus mucus and more mucus please help
Posted by: happyway ()
Date: December 15, 2008 01:10AM

What have you been eating?
What has your diet been in the past?
Do you have time to rest and fast or switch to juice diet, etc.?

The short "cure" is horseradish or hot salsa.
But of course that is symptomatic and does not address cleaning out the toxic motherload your body is attempting to expel, in my opinion.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:22AM

The outpouring of mucus is a symptom of detoxification and is a GOOD thing.

All the bad stuff is coming out of you!

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 15, 2008 04:31AM

Google NETI POT (also many videos on Youtube) and give it a try (or ten, it takes a while to get used to). Cleared my post nasal drip right up.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:28AM

Mucous yuk. I hope it clears up soon

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:05PM

I second the neti pot it works! You could also try hot water with lemon, raw honey, cayenne, and ginger.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:14PM

IMO spices like cayenne and ginger CREATE mucus. Mucus is the cure -- the protection from those irritants. Mucus carries them out of the body.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:16PM

Yes, going through a little of that myself.
What helps me is garlic, lots of gralic, I crush 2-3 cloves and just take it with a bunch of water, gives you a little garlic buzz but that goes away after a few minutes. Also I take propolis, it helps me but it's not for everybody.
And popcicles, make some popcicles they are great for soothing your throat,
Neti pot and salt water gargle are great for keeping out infection but that doesn't sound like your problem.
My sister is a singer and she always makes sure she wears a scarf even around the house if she has anything bothering her voice. Ginger/ vit C, lemon water probably wouldn't hurt.

I like carrot juice with a lot of ginger, it totaly warms up your throat, and feels good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 07:19PM by meganbubbs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables