Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

probiotics
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2008 01:59PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any raw vegan sources of probiotics apart from fermented stuff? I've been raw vegan for six years (two years on 8-1-1) but unfortunately recently I had to take a course of antibiotics due to a persistent tonsil inflammation. I am aware of the damage antibiotics do to the intestinal flora and now I would like to try and reverse it at least to some degree but I am not sure if I can do it with the food I eat (fruits, greens and some nuts/avocados occasionally)? I don't like raw fermented veggies like sauerkraut, so would probiotic pills be the only solution??
Please share your experiences and thoughts!
Regards,
M.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: probiotics
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:45PM

There is nothing wrong with taking a good quality living probiotic supplement, in my opinion, unless you consider biota to be on par with higher multi-celled creatures, as a vegan. As for antibiotics, I don't take that stuff anymore. Nope, straight to the colloidal silver I go. No muss, no fuss, no failure, no moral dilemma. Good luck in your recovery!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:29AM

Thanks for replying Tamukha. Yes, that's probably what I'll do in the end-take a supplement. That's the easiest way to do it, rather than having to force myself to eat things that don't agree with me. And I've decided-no more 'life-killers" for me too!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 20, 2008 12:57AM

Eating lots of unprocessed fruits and vegetables will give your gut a healthy population of good bacteria.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: December 21, 2008 04:52AM

Body Biotics is raw, vegan & organic. Garden of Life Primal Defense, I think is or else the one from their new raw line. Couple other brands. Probiotics and digestive enzymes have always been an important part of my health even though I've been raw for years. I may stop them briefly, but always end up using them again.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables