Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dietary guidelines/ rules
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:35PM

The UN has compiled dietary guidelines by country. I'm a little jealous of some because they are so laid back, starting out saying "enjoy" your food, offering a few pointers and leaving the rest up to their citizens to gather elsewhere. Others are more comprehensive and some seem to micromanage. Do they serve us and the planet well?

[www.fao.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dietary guidelines/ rules
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:39PM

i think enjoying your food is a big portion to happiness, strict eating for the sake of it is just a burden and stress to your body. But healthy eating and sensible portions must come into it.

i guess were at the stricter end of the scale and get the benefits for doing that. By the looks of it most of us enjoy embracing this lifestyle anywaysmiling smiley.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 06, 2010 01:26PM

I thinks it is perfectly fine for governments & the UN to develop dietary guidelines. In any event, each individual is his/her own mystery to solve - and must determine the eating regime which is healthful and beneficial for THEM.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 06, 2010 01:41PM

Hmmm . . . aren't they just reiterating what is already culturally condoned?

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 06, 2010 06:43PM

The culture is something that's re-evaluated periodically. I watched some of the televised hearings for the 2005 version of some dietary guidelines, complete with creme pie throwing from an apparent animal activist. It's a process with public notices and chances to write in suggestions from all sides, so I guess it is a reflection of the culture.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables