Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

water fast or cooked ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 24, 2008 08:01PM

There is a LOT of snow on the ground right now where I am. I am snowed in. This is the worst snow storm I have ever seen in this ares. The snow is covering all the roads and nothing is moving as far as I can tell. I havn't been able to get out and get more fresh raw foods and my supplies are running low. I do have some canned and packaged dead food stored away for emergencies from before I went raw. The dead food is stored in a couple of boxes in the back of my house where I will have to move stuff around to get it. Now here's my problem: I don't want to eat the dead food but its either that or water fast. I have decided I want to water only fast when my fresh foods are gone. What would you do in my situation ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: water fast or cooked ?
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 24, 2008 08:28PM

For up to 7 days after the fresh food runs out, I would fast. After that I would reconsider my options.

Also, it may be a good idea to keep dehydrated raw foods on hand in the future in case this situation were to ever arise again.

Posted by: tglasco4 ()
Date: December 24, 2008 11:45PM

i like Omega's idea. Only thing is i am wondering would it take 7 days before you can obtain fresh food?

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 25, 2008 01:02AM

EZ, where do you live?
Im in Idaho and were getting dumped on here too.
The snow stopped monday but more is coming tonight.
Im going to water fast jan 1 to jan 30.
Only water, and fresh juiced lime juice mixed with it
here and there. Once i pass 3 days its smooth sailing!
I went 14 days on the master cleanse.
I want to fast this time without the maple syrup,
cheyenne,and lemons. just water and lime water.
Im in a simular situation but it doesnt involve being snowed in.
Im snowballing my bills to be debt free by Feb 29.
So I cut out all luxuries like cable tv,cell phone,
and FOOD!first of the year is a great time to clean house!
Rob

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 25, 2008 02:06AM

let it snow let it snow let it snow
fck it

...complete rest and fast...
Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: December 25, 2008 02:39AM

EZ rider Wrote:
-----------------------------------
What would you do in my situation ?

Hi EZ rider, you lucky .......winking smiley

I would use this "God given" opportunity to let the body and mind heal and recover in a complete rest and fast, by starting with a "dry fast" for at least 3-days up to 7-days (if not overwhelmed by the true thirst of course), then if genuine thirst is present sip some fresh water (low in minerals).

During the period of fast, I would practice deep breathing of fresh clean air as much and as often as possible, as well I would use the snow (if fresh and unpolluted enough) to rub and refresh the skin of my whole body, at least once a day (or twice). If I see some sun I would sungaze... But, all of it should not be felt enervating for the body and mind.

The complete rest and avoiding any enervation is the main priority. I would try to meditate and pray (to keep mind clear and strong), and sing OM... If not too enervating I would practice some yoga postures to check condition of my organism. And, in between, I would read some energizing book (like from dr H. Shelton about the healing of the organism by fasting, etc), or some zen poetry, or reflecting over some meaningful thoughts from Eckhart Tolle, or just listening to calming music... Or even better, listening and experiencing silence in total stillness, in being in the present moment of now..., in listening to snow falling down or wind passing by..,

Whatever you choose, do it effortlessly with the pleasure in mind, thanking for the given opportunity having a chance to grow and develop further in to higher states of being...

Date: December 25, 2008 03:40AM

I just recently read a story of a couple who were in a plane crash in an area covered with snow.
For more than 30 days they only ate snow and both lost weight and felt fantastic afterwards! They were rescued in just over 30 days, actually if I remember correctly it was 40 days. the weight loss of the man and the woman was 30 lbs each.
so they pretty much fasted on SNOW!
Ill try and find this story and post it here ok!
Man I may just do this myself!
we are getting dumped on here with snow!
Rob

Date: December 25, 2008 04:04AM

I found the article on the plane crash!
[www.rawfoodexplained.com]
This is awsome stuff!
Rob

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: December 25, 2008 04:37AM

I just started the first day of my first ever water fast. I've done 30-day and shorter Master Cleanses before but never a water fast. There are so many great benefits... and this seems like the perfect time for me to do it. Google "benefits of water fast" to get your motivation going. I plan to go for 20 days. Join me!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 25, 2008 07:08AM

roadrunner -- Thats a great article. I'm not worried about running out of fresh raw food now. Thanks for the link. ;-)

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: December 25, 2008 07:08AM

If you decide to water fast, make sure you have plenty of warm blankets. We all know how cold we can feel during a fast. The coldest I've ever felt was a three day juice fast during a heatwave one summer.

If I were in your situation, I would probably heat up my water and drink it warm like a tea. I'd also have tons of blankets over me and my dogs at my feet to keep me warm.

I hope the snow doesn't last too much longer and you're able to replenish your supplies.

Date: December 25, 2008 03:01PM

roxeli,
Ive fasted before on tea.
with water in between.
I used the celestial seasonings mint green tea.
Then I read up that the tea is processed and stuff so I stopped drinking it.
It was caffine free, I dont drink caffine.
However then I read that they take the caffine out.
I thought it was "naturally" caffine free.
which sucks because i love that tea.
I brewed it with purified water too!

How can it be processed, I thought it was just herbs put in a teabag?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2008 03:04PM by roadrunner.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: December 26, 2008 06:19AM

Herbal teas are delicious, especially in cold weather. I think herbal teas are just dried herbs in a teabag. I don't consider them to be a harmful processed food at all. On the contrary, I consider them to be medicinal and beneficial.

I also enjoy water heated up and plain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables