Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diagnose me
Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: April 13, 2010 12:53AM

I've been off raw for a while (4 months or so), but still vegetarian. I got a head-cold 4 weeks ago that turned into a sinus infection weeks 2. A few days into the cold I started getting this 'feeling' to the left of my belly button. Not painful per se, more like heavy and sore. In the last week I've had a lot of pain in my ribs and small of my back that comes and goes. I've so far had blood drawn twice, first time it looked good, waiting on the second to see if I have CA125 markers for tumors. An ultrasound showed cysts on my right ovary, though this is not the side with the pain. I just got approved to go get a CT Scan, which I really don't want to because of the radiation. I've been raw again for the last week and doing Castor Oil packs which have taken a lot of the pain away. Anyone had anything similar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diagnose me
Posted by: Hfructos ()
Date: April 13, 2010 04:48AM

CJJ, I can only hope the pain experienced from your ribs could potentially be just related to pleurisy or pleural effusions resulting from the sinus trouble, especially if you switched to an acidifying diet while your body was adjusted to an alkaline environment. If the body is slow to adjust to a sudden shift to an acidifying diet there could be excess mucous formation in reaction to the difficult-to-digest reintroduction of dairy in your diet with reduced fluid draining from the lungs to cause inflammation. But it doesn't sound as simple as that and it could potentially indicate a tumor since you didn't mention that the pain is sharper when breathing or sneezing. Pleurisy can sometimes be difficult even for medical doctors to diagnose and I'm no medical doctor. But I'm interested to see (how) you recover.

Keep the antioxidant intake high and the pro-carcinogens minimized. I hope you get well soon and give an update on your health.

With fruit,
Chris

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 13, 2010 06:58AM

Pleurisy is easily diagnosed - you will have a sharp pain when you breath in and out under your shoulder blade. I have had it and there is no mistaking it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 13, 2010 12:05PM

Wait on the medical data, and keep us posted. Hope it isn't serious.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 14, 2010 05:47AM

[www.myelectronicmd.com]

This is an online symptom diagnoser that might help.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:25AM

hi CJJ

i have no diagnosis for you
but i just wanted to say that i hope that you are sincerely feeling better
and that whatever condition u have you will markedly improve and receive total recovery

grinning smiley

best wishes
LV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables