Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

BEST-ever Raw Dessert
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 22, 2010 02:39PM

This is my favorite raw dessert: Banana Split Cheesecake!

[chocolatecoveredkatie.com]

Do you have a favorite raw dessert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 02:40PM by RawFoodGal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BEST-ever Raw Dessert
Date: June 22, 2010 03:54PM

That looks delish smiling smiley

Cacao/avocado mousse and raw strawberry trifle (layers of ground nuts, with layers of strawberries and vanilla-coconut) are nice. My first two raw desserts were Alissa Cohen's date nut torte and her papaya dessert- who knew just blending papaya and banana would create such a yummy pudding!? grinning smiley

One of my fave treats is literally just a big juicy ripe galia melon. Bliss!

Date: June 22, 2010 09:02PM

I have so much catching up to do. Don't even know what a Galia melon is!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 22, 2010 11:06PM

man, it all sounds sooooo good... especially the strawberry trifle, I made something like that years ago, except it also had whipped cream... is there any raw stuff that one can use to make something at least a similar consistency to whipped cream?

Date: June 22, 2010 11:29PM

Galia melons taste a little like honeydew, but are round and very fragrant/soft. They smell so good and make great smoothies!

Hi curator- I think the creamy bit would have to be nut, coconut or banana based, getting the texture right would probably be a nightmare, though if frozen for a short time, then processed again and put through a piping bag, maybe it would kinda look a little like the whipped cream that comes in cans smiling smiley

This thread has made me think- maybe making a dessert from blended partially-frozen chikoos (sapodillas)? Since they taste like caramel, they're kind of like nature's dessert already smiling smiley

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 23, 2010 05:15AM

I love ice cream...I love bananas...so it is a no brainer for me...banana ice cream. Guilt free and delicious. A couple frozen bananas, a splash of almond milk, some other fruit or cocoa for flavoring, and viola, a great desert.

Date: June 23, 2010 06:46AM

oh no, not canned whipped cream, it was home made whipped cream, not a fan of the texture of canned stuff...lol...nor the cost in comparison to making it myself, or just buying cool whip, although i dont eat whipped cream at all anymore, havnt for nearly a year...just cant be ok with that much fat and sugar,LOL... I think i have an idea how it would work, but im not sure how easy it would be for most people to do it...

what if one froze coconut flakes with liquid nitrogen then powdered it with a really good blender, then used like maybe some coconut oil or something, do you think it could get fluffy? there are those cans, like the reddi whip, but re-usable, you put little cartridges in it for the gas, and whatever liquid you put in it comes out the consistency of whipped cream...

Date: June 23, 2010 09:34PM

I think the cheesecake from above:

[chocolatecoveredkatie.com]

could double as whipped cream too, if you put it on top of fruits instead of crust. Otherwise, maybe something with coconut like suspendedindefinitely suggested, maybe with agave?

Date: June 23, 2010 10:26PM

Or maybe just plain coconut butter?

Date: June 24, 2010 02:58AM

that looks good, but not even close to the same consistency, not really a big deal for me, as i easily gave up whipped cream a long time ago, plain coconut butter, same dif... to thick, to greasy, no point in even trying to use something that isnt light and fluffy like whipped cream, lol... I was thinking it would be nice to find something to replace it, because it would get those who normally dont like to eat raw, more interested in some types of raw deserts... im thinking that banana may actually work best WITH some coconut oil and almond milk, then put it in something like this... [www.amazon.com] then it might work, im not sure though, would have to be pretty high fat I think to work...

Date: June 24, 2010 09:49AM

^ that whipped-cream gadget looks awesome! I would be sticking all kinds of food in there to try and make it all whipped-cream like!

Date: June 24, 2010 09:35PM

yeah, I think it would work with anything that is extremely smooth and high in fat, might need protein too to help make the micro bubbles more stable, im not sure... I hope to try it someday!!!

Edit: oh and there are supposedly some much better quality ones too, but Im not really sure if they are really better quality, or just fancier looking...and more expensive...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 09:36PM by Curator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables