Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foods and nerve/brain health
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: January 02, 2009 04:08AM

Hi there... so there are some things i am noticing with myself... i have been almost raw with a few falls off the wagon here and there... but what i am noticing is that when i am fully raw... my brain is not together... i am a ball of nerves... and emotionally i almost feel as if i am falling apart... almost completely... my memory is terrible... and i just feel helpless... so when i have other foods... i start thinking better not quite as nervous... a little more together.... does anyone else have this sort of experience and or some suggestions about how to manage this...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foods and nerve/brain health
Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: January 02, 2009 06:13AM

for how long have been raw couse when I stated I had the same feeling emotions people around me have noticed it too give your body time to adjust to detox and you will reap the benef

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 02, 2009 06:32AM

I think fats are very important to nerve/brain health. Does your raw diet include plenty of natural whole food fats ?

A possible experiment you could try if you want would be to include more natural whole food fats in your diet and see if that clears things up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 06:35AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: January 02, 2009 03:07PM

Hard to say without knowing your diet, if you could mention what you typically eat. High greens,especially algae. Sometimes fats, esp DHA.DHA is also in algae. Sometimes too much fat is a bad thing though so it really depends on diet, among other factors. Could be a specific nutrient you need.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: January 05, 2009 05:49PM

While detoxing these experiences would make a lot of sense and are just transitory. Detox comes in waves (for me anyways).

I think emotional work is also needed, as raw food does not provide the numbing out effect of cooked or fat foods.

As for fats, I personally stay away from all overt fats except for a brazil nut a day (selenium) and my Omega 3 supplements. Fat makes me fuzzy and my memory less clear. I did not fare well without my omegas, though.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: January 06, 2009 02:16AM

I had the EXACT SAME symptoms as you about a month ago...I really tought i was going completly crazy... I think i was lacking vitamins, especially B vitamins. So i started taking supplements, and now i feel better, but there is still something wrong with me... I have no memoru, i get confused, i can't explain myself as clearly as before, i forget words, things...

Same boat as you Luvyuu! I had a blood test this morning, hopefully my doctor qill tell me if something is wrong soon...I'm scared!

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: January 06, 2009 08:28AM

It could be you are wking up to your life and seeing what it is you do not like about it. In the past you medicated this with food.

Time for a life change it sounds like.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 06, 2009 08:45AM

luvyuu

so when i have other foods... i start thinking better not quite as nervous... a little more together....

What "other" foods are these that help you to think better and to be not quite as nervous and to be a little more together ?

Posted by: mira ()
Date: January 07, 2009 05:39PM

I think that means "cooked" foods...And i feel the same...why? sad smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 07, 2009 07:13PM

This is a long shot, but do you have a pre-exisitng condition[cancer, systemic candidiasis, Epstein-Barr] the byproduct toxins of which might be evacuating into your brain through serious detox? I don't mean to sound scary, but I have deduced this to be the case with me when experiencing your symptoms. Sometimes, the nasty stuff doesn't go quietly out the lymphs or intestines, unfortunately. I'd have bloodwork done like mira, and also urinalysis. Good Luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables