Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weak
Posted by: Mseight04 ()
Date: January 03, 2009 06:19PM

Hello All,

This is my 3rd day raw. I'm still trying 2 get it 2gether. I feel so weak. I worked out 2day, & I couldn't even workout on the level I usually workout on. I'm sure I'm not eating enough. The thing is, I don't feel hungry since I've started. Doe's anyone know how many calories you should consume 2 stay energized. I feel so weak! Is this how I'm suppose 2 feel at first, & then I will feel better?

Thank u,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weak
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 03, 2009 06:57PM

Try to eat as many calories (or more) than you ate before you changed your diet. Try to eat only a reasonable amount of fat or processed foods. If eating very healthy, you should move through initial transition within just a few days...to a week. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 03, 2009 08:13PM

Hi M, You need to be supplementing with vitamins/minerals. Go to fitday.com or equivalent to ensure you're getting enough nutrients. You are likely going through some detox and that is making you weak. You may have to reduce your work-out level to match your energy level. Also, be sure that you are eating enough greens and are eating to sustain your energy. With raw, you will become more attune to your body's needs and changes.

I'm still detoxing but I'm not 100% raw. I've been modified raw vegan for over 3 years and have done many fasts and cleanses and I still continue to detox.

Hope that helps. Therese

Posted by: elää ()
Date: January 03, 2009 08:31PM

I am just recently transitioning to raw and instead of the more strenuous workouts I used to do (running, group weight/cardio training), I do yoga and walk instead. It seems more in-tune with my diet and is easier on my body in the long run.

Also, I noticed that if I eat fruits higher on the glycemic scale (ie. bananas) before working out, I have more immediate energy to burn.

Good luck!

Date: January 03, 2009 09:45PM

Thanks everyone! Will take all given advice! I think I have a Long journey ahead, LOL!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:48AM

JUICE!!!! JUICE JUICE!

Date: January 04, 2009 05:35AM

Hi katie,
I am 69 years old and have been on the uncooked regime for 8 weeks. I am also trying to lose wight. I was told I would die if I did not and they suggested lap banding.

I have lost 16 kgs but I still feel tired and have very little stamina and very little mental concentration.

I will stick to it because in all other respects I feel 300% better. I was taking seven different medications daily and now I take only one.

Kelvyn

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 04, 2009 06:17PM

I don't think you need supplements. Just eat plenty especially lots of fruit as that will give you energy. It's hard to eat enough at meal times when you change to raw so if it feels necessary - graze on fruit all day.

Good luck

Date: January 05, 2009 12:52AM

Hi flipperjam,
My adviser told me I should eat only three meals each day. It is very hard to eat enough calories in one sitting, but no matter how hungry I feel I suffer it out.

I try to do something to take my mind off food but I spend half my life thinking "only three more hours until my next meal".

While I am still in the weight loss phase it's ok but I certainly cannot see it as a healthy lifestyle for ever.

My adviser's theory was that the stomach should be completely empty before eating again. What do others think of that?

Kelvyn

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 05, 2009 02:48AM

kelvyn

My adviser told me I should eat only three meals each day. It is very hard to eat enough calories in one sitting, but no matter how hungry I feel I suffer it out.
The raw coach with your best interests and knowledge about you is your inner coach - start listening.

kelvyn

My adviser's theory was that the stomach should be completely empty before eating again. What do others think of that?
Again I would listen to your inner coach. Your body signals are there for a reason - tune in.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 05, 2009 02:37PM

I think you should eat when you feel hungry. If you are only eating raw fruit and veg and NOT stuffing things like raw nut butters you will lose weight regardless of how many times a day you eat.

I can't see the sense of making yourself wait for some 'alloted' time to pass before you eat again. It is not healthy to be thinking about food all the time and if you are coun ting the hours till you can eat again you are not going to be very happy. This can lead to binging on the very foods that you don't want to eat. Then you feel guilty and bad and a whole vicious circle can develop.

I agree with EZrider - eat when you want but make sure it is fresh fruit and veg. I think, avoid all supplements, dehydrated foods, pills, potions and general quackery.

There will be people that disagree with me and you have to pick your way through all the conflicting things you will be told.

I just don't believe that forcing oneself, restricting oneself and generally giving oneself a hardtime leads to lasting health and happiness as you, yourself have already identified.

Read as much as you can (if that is your nature)and spend a lot of time doing something else - not too much dwelling.

best of luck
Philippa

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 05, 2009 04:37PM

my thoughts

yes you may feel weak at first

don't try to workout if you're weak.

eat according to hunger

Date: January 06, 2009 04:02AM

I can sympathize. Now five days into a 30 day 100% trial, but the 2nd and 3rd day s*cked bigtime. I felt woozy if I pushed it too hard in a workout BUT this was strictly due to insufficient calories.

So, I downloaded a free program called CRONoMeter, available here:

[spaz.ca]

It is awesome for tracking your intake - before this trial I NEVER measured calories at all, now it's almost like a game to hit your targets.

I am now getting in 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day and my energy feels terrific.

Good luck and stay focused on why you're doing this - results.

Date: January 15, 2009 10:46PM

WooHoo everyone! I feel great now! I'm sleeping better, looking better, & I have energy! My co-workers are like, what drugs r u on, LOL! This raw thing really has something to it! I really need 2 learn how 2 fix different meals though. Don't want 2 get bored! I luv it though!

Thank u everyone 4 taking the time 2 leave ur comments, I really appreciate that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables