Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I Keep Crashing At About 1:30 pm
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 09, 2009 04:26AM

I am currently roughly 66% raw. I started on Jan 1. I love waking up and having delicious and colorful fruit in the blender with water.

I usually have two fruit smoothies in the morning.

Then, about noon I have a vegetable green smoothie.

Then, at about 1:30 pm everyday, I completely crash, and end up making oatmeal or spaghetti.

Then, in the late afternoon I'll have either another vegetable smoothie or fruit smoothie, or both.

What I am wondering is: why do I keep crashing at 1:30pm? I'm totally hungry, and my body is calling out for some type of carbs or cooked food.

Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I Keep Crashing At About 1:30 pm
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 09, 2009 05:03AM

Use a nutritional calculator like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter to monitor your caloric intake before 1:30 pm.

A person on a Standard American diet may have consumed 1200 or more calories before 1:30 pm.

How many raw calories have you consumed?

Date: January 09, 2009 07:47AM

I honestly have no idea how many calories I consume from my fruit smoothies. I am about to go make one with orange, kiwi, apples, blackberries, and a little pinch of chlorella.

I'll probably make another one in 2 hours, which will be about 11am.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 09, 2009 10:08AM

maybe next time you start to crash at 1:30 have another big fruit smoothie and see if you still feel like having spagetti or oatmeal smiling smiley .. sounds like a carb craving .. not getting enough energy smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: January 09, 2009 11:23AM

Personally the way I transitioned was through gluten free...I found it impossible to go 100% raw but when I transitioned through gluten free, I can easily go 100% raw all the time...

So rather than crashing on stuff with gluten in, you could crash on gluten free stuff...To me the gluten free diet gave me a bigger detox than from going gluten free to raw so it's still very powerful and certainly isn't 'crashing.'

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2009 12:05PM

Sure. Try to stay more full. It sounds like you are doing well! Making the jump from dependence on cooked carbs is NOT an easy one. It is, in my opinion, far more difficult than similar breaks from things like nicotene, caffeine, or sugar.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 09, 2009 06:28PM

check out what chia seeds do for you. I have been putting them in my green smoothie and find I have a sustained feeling and have less craving. I started back at raw this year and have been raw all this month. I usually have a green smoothie rather than just the fruit. I usually drink about six cups of green smoothie in the morning and have some fruit later. I have noticed that some fruits tend to make me feel a crash in the blood sugar thing but with the greens included I am feeling more even.

Give the chia seed a try if you can. I soak it and put ablut a large spoon full in my smoothie

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: January 11, 2009 04:04PM

Maybe have a nice sized (satisfying) salad, either sweet fruit or other type of salad at 1:00? That's what I am trying to do, recognize these patterns and stave them off. If I get too hungry, there's no telling what I'll eat. smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 11, 2009 04:25PM

I'm careful to monitor by body signals for signs of getting sleepy or tired because one of the things I learned as the result of a "slip" was that when I get tired I let my guard down. I'm not as careful or watchful as when I am rested. A tired condition seems to come just before the "slip". Natural wake ups are a great way to be sure your body is getting the rest it needs.

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 20, 2009 01:58PM

is it possible for you to have a sleep about 1:30? If that's what your body is wanting?

Date: January 21, 2009 02:31AM

I Keep Crashing At About 1:30 pm
Thats about when I wake up, lol.

Posted by: yemango ()
Date: January 21, 2009 09:15AM

i've been napping since going about 90% raw a few weeks ago - and i never ever could nap before!! it feels good to nap. i do think my body needs it, and i believe that it is a symptom of detox. seems like eating the cooked carbs may prevent the detox from happening, thus making you feel better.

i agree with someone else about doing a smoothie - packed with lots of fruits, greens and superfoods (and high caloric things like Udo's oil and hemp protein)...

to get through a slump when i cant sleep, i just have some raw cacao in one form or another smiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:53PM

Your smoothie didn't include bananas - i find a smoothie with 2 bananas included keeps me going quite well.

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: January 23, 2009 12:51AM

buy the 80-10-10 book worth the money and will put you on the right path by someone who knows what the FGHJ he is talking about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables