Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cross-post - just starting need some advice - superfoods? detox?
Posted by: yemango ()
Date: January 12, 2009 10:13PM

I posted these questions on the personal blog area, but realized thats more of a journal. would love if some people could share their wisdom.

i am a nursing mom of a 22 month old boy. ive wanted to go raw AGAIN since ive been pregnant, and was hesitant b/c of detox in breastmilk. i recently read this on shazzies site:

"If you want to go raw while breastfeeding, then please do it slowly and use detox helpers as much as possible to get the toxins out of your body in ways other than your milk. Colonics, saunas, MSM, clay, green juices, and other helpers will benefit you and your baba."

was wondering if anyone could shed some light on more specifics, anything you;ve personally learned or experienced about detoxing. not necessarily related to nursing.

for instance:

-how much MSM to take?

-are there any great detox foods? (like i just read today that seaweeds have alginic acid which pulls heavy metals from your body. COOL! anything else like this? ive heard maybe cilantro does the same???

-how often to sauna, colonics, etc?

-how to take clays/bentonite?

and anything else. i cant just do a 100% raw diet or a juice fast. gotta take it slow for my baby. and my lifestyle. for me that looks like just a little steamed grains and steamed veggies for only one meal of the day. otherwise all raw, but with heavier foods for now - avos, nuts, olives etc.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables