Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

skin problems sad smiley
Posted by: krispernugget ()
Date: January 13, 2009 07:39PM

Hey everyone smiling smiley
I'm new to this site..I'm excited!

I mainly eat raw because of my skin. I think I'm just allergic to cooked food/sugar because I break out like crazy if I don't stick to raw food.

I started eating raw in August when I found this site: www.acnenomore.com and I swear I feel so blessed to have found it. I had no idea about the raw diet and literally in less than a week my face was CLEAR! After two years of not going out of the house and trying pretty much every cream possible. And not to mention I feel incredible and full of energy.

I recently went to visit family in another country and couldn't help it and had to eat my grandmother's food and now I'm back to having horrible skin again sad smiley

When I got back *like two weeks ago* I immediately went on the raw diet again. Drinking wheat grass in the morning..eating a serving of fruit a half hour later..and then sticking to raw veggies and nuts the rest of the day, plus taking the same supplements as before..but I'm not seeing crazy fast results like the first time sad smiley I don't think I'm doing anything differently..

Does anyone have any tips on veggies/fruit for skin? or cleansers..masks..
I'm using Yes To Carrots right now and tea tree stuff..
-I'm also left with alot of blemishes-

Any help at all would be SO greatly appreciated!

Thank you!<3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skin problems sad smiley
Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: January 13, 2009 09:34PM

Well I am also raw because of my skin...Although I have psoriasis not achne.

I even started around August so it's not like I've been doing it particularly long...

In my experience my psoriasis did not improve but got WAY worse. For like five months it went really bad. Still, it's subsiding now and it's better than it's ever been.

I think you've got to give it time and allow yourself to detox.

Also you may have nut allergies which might be slowing down your elimination time...

Great work btw.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: January 14, 2009 12:20AM

Do you have a sensitivity to grains?It might be the wheat grass causing your break outs. I've read numerous articles and studies linking grains to causing acne and many other health issues.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 14, 2009 09:07AM

Try cutting back on the nuts and eating more fruits and salads.

What skin products do you use? The best is to use only filtered water.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: January 14, 2009 11:23PM

I think your skin products might be too harsh or chemically. Try something really gentle and scent free, I like gamila soap, or dead sea warehouse magic salt soap. You can google either of those.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 15, 2009 12:21AM

You might want to experiment with increasing the natural plant fiber in your diet by eating more whole foods. If there isn't enough fiber to clean the colon the skin can become a route of toxin elimination. Also drinking plenty of clean water can help flush out toxins.

Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: January 15, 2009 04:53AM

Skin is your biggest detox organ. Let it do it's job. The external state reflects the internal state. Clean up the inside, no worries for the outside winking smiley I'd recommend drinking lots of water and rest. Maybe a nice steam shower. Good Luck!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2009 09:40PM

I think you can tell a bit about what your problems are from where on your face you are getting the acne. If I eat any more than one piece of fruit a day I get intense tiny spots all around my jaw line. As a result my raw experience is mainly veg and fats with little to no fruit - bummer, I know but sugar and I do not agree skin-wise.

However, if I am too clogged (note to self, should not have just consumed whole tub of raw chocolate ice cream) then I get spots around my cheeks (digestion).

Again, if I overdo the wine at the weekend then guaranteed I'll get a corker on my chin which I've learned is highly associated with how my liver is doing.

In my experience, high doses of MSM have helped clear up the nasty factor.

Hope this helps in some way x

Posted by: krispernugget ()
Date: January 15, 2009 11:07PM

aw you guys are soooo awesome!! That was all really good advice!! I'm so glad to have joined and I'll keep you posted!<3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables