Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where do you buy your foods?
Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 08:03AM

I live in Alaska so prices are sky high in the stores. I have noticed that shipping products to my home is cheaper even with shipping costs. Where do you buy your bulk nuts, seeds, cacao, oils etc? I would really appreciate your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where do you buy your foods?
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 10, 2010 08:11AM

I bet that somewhere near you there is a co-op that ships food in and shares the cost. If not... then start one! smiling smiley

(I get all my bulk locally so can't help you. sorry.)

Posted by: hbc1982 ()
Date: December 10, 2010 08:44AM

There is one, but I can only order once a month, and not sure if what they claim to be raw is actually raw.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:27PM

Gosh, I'd be curious about Alaska in general. Do you have land? I am curious how cold it gets in the winter up there. I am wondering if one of those portable greenhouses I have seen on Amazon could possibly work for you. They only cost a little over $100 but I don't know if they work when the outside temp is -30!

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:45PM

I watched a new report once about alaska farmers... since there is constant daylight during the growing season the produce grows huge.

In this video by liferegenerator he talks of a good resource for raw almonds, and he posts the contact info in the info section of the video:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 10, 2010 09:23PM

2 options come to mind. For the co-op, maybe ask for a copy of the co-op catalog and/or the list of co-op sources. Most likely the sources will be established companies that have websites with descriptions of their products. If you still have questions, you can email the companies. Or, call the distributor number on the co-op catalog.

Most health food stores will order products for you if you ask to make a "special order". You can often get stuff at a discount and in bulk. It's sometimes best to get a case of several smaller packages of some things (like seeds). The seeds will stay fresher and won't get bugs.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: December 11, 2010 12:01AM

Have you checked out localharvest.org? They have some listings for Alaska for online stores and organic buyers clubs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables