Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does Raw Vanilla Agave Increase Sexual Desire? - Trying to Avoid That.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2009 04:54PM

I am relatively new to the Raw Foods Path. In the past, I have noticed that consuming sugar would often result in an unwanted sexual desire or frustration. I have been recommended the raw form of vanilla agave nectar to add to my superfood smoothies and I want to make sure that it doesn't produce this feeling. As a yoga practitioner trying to live a more Vedic lifestyle, a feeling of sexual desire is often an unwanted thing for me. In the past, this feeling would come on mainly from solid foods, junk foods, junk drinks, or artificial sweeteners of various kinds, most of them fructose corn syrup or the like.

I don't necessarily feel the need to sweeten my smoothies or anything, but I don't want to miss out on any other benefits I might be getting from the Raw Vanilla Agave Nectar.

As a once macrobiotic cooking practitioner, I have often heard that sugars are bad, but does that include sugars derived from things like raw vanilla agave nectar (RVAN) ?

Has anyone experienced increased sexual desire from consuming RVAN?

I am trying to avoid any foods or substances that will increase sexual desire, if you know of any other rawfoods or superfoods I might want to avoid please tell me of them.

Additionally, what other benefits do you know of by consuming RVAN besides the sweetness of it? As stated previously, I don't really care much about that aspect.

Thanking you all in advance and may the blessings of God, Gurus, Saints, and Sages of all places and eras in the whole entirety of creation be conferred upon you all.

Namaste.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does Raw Vanilla Agave Increase Sexual Desire? - Trying to Avoid That.
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 20, 2009 06:00PM

I'm not aware of any benefits from eating agave syrup. I don't myself. For me fruits and vegetables, as they come, are all the 'superfoods' I want.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:32AM

I generally find women increase my sexual desire. I suppose agave could get my thinking about licking agave off a woman but generally I don't do food & sex together. I like my woman to be a "mono-meal". grinning smiley

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: January 21, 2009 08:34AM

I practiced Yoga for 12+ years and that is how I got into RAW FOOD in the first place while volunteering as a vegetarian chef I encountered RAW Food on Paradise Island in the Bahamas at a Yoga Retreat and it totally RAWCKED my life for the better! At the time I was a Braminchara which you know what that means, and I was living in the Ashram with Ashram lifestyle I found that by practicing Yoga a lot everyday and keeping really busy I did not think about sex and it did not really enter my mind, also I found that hugging seemed to satisfy my need for touch and that helped too. Swamis who are also Braminchara told me that hugging helps them to overcome natural urges. But you still have to do a lot of Yoga, keep busy and pranayama helps too. But I did notice as soon as I left the Ashram life and went "back into the world" that there is a lot of emphasis on sex and sexual attraction, sexual desire for me as a Scorpio I also would like to deminish sexual thoughts because it is too strong an urge and on my mind and it is distrating really...there is nothing "wrong" with it but there are other things to do, other things to put energy into, etc. so I know where you are coming from!

Definitely avoid maca, durian those will stimulate and also as you may know garlic and onions too...I don't eat any processed sugar but do consume natural sugars in fruit, veggies and sometimes really raw agave and did not notice it increasing any effects as such when I tried Maca and Durian wow watch out!

I have not tried Vanilla Agave but I wouldn't think it would stimulate those things. But yes the ladies are very attractive and beautiful so we can't help but to be attracted to them, again this is natural and nice but at certain times I can see how you may want to put your energies into other things or areas.

Try doing a lot of Yoga and keeping very busy when I did that it worked and try hugs hope that helps!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:35PM

I admire your strong belief in what you seek,so as to even deny something so basic as your sexual desire.

Vinny

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: January 21, 2009 03:00PM

This a nice subject to come up with as a lot of raw recipes ( from uncook books) ask for garlic and onions, that I already know being aphrodisiac. I have that same concern since a while so thank you all for your advices and experiences. I didn't know for durian and maca.

love and blessings
Cynthia

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 21, 2009 03:55PM

I never would have known that about the garlic and onion. I eat them a lot lately but they make my body stink like garlic I would think no one would get so close to me when I smell like a garlic.

Thanks for the post

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:52PM

Wow, I wonder why one of the responses was so geared to heterosexuality and only men being attracted to women.

I have no info on agave.... :/ Sorry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables