Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are You a Fruit or a Fat Person? No pun intended..
Posted by: Star241 ()
Date: August 02, 2006 07:01PM

Really glad I registered here...!

Being in the East End of London, I get to try a lot of Asian groceries...

I've learned about rotating foods so try to have 10 different types of veg and 10 different types of fruit in the house and 10 avocadoes in the house at all times:

Here's the list:

Veg: 5 cucumbers
1 large bag of carrotes
10 red peppers
2 bags of spinach
2 lettuce
2 bunches of spring onions
onions
1 cabbage
tomatoes
greens
cauliflower
broccoli

Fruit: Watermelon
4 oranges
5 lemons
4 nectarines
1 bag of cherries
1 bag of grapes
15 apples
4 plums
blackberries
6 kiwi

Sprouts: Mung beans
Puy Lentils
Green lentils
Adzuki beans
Buckwheat
Sunflower
Rye (good for making Essien bread)
Alfalfa
Chickpea

Mind you, I do eat salmon, tuna, mackerel every day and drink kefir made from goats milk to reverse the skin damage of 7 years of chronic eczema.

I've found as long as I stick to this way of eating, my skin loves me...

About oils, I find my skin looks great when I have 10-15g of Evening Primrose oil 2ce a day...I know that sounds a lot, but Ive been having EPO for over 10 years and have done lots of experimenting with the doseage...Since the other organs in the body get the essential fatty acids before the skin, hence I take that much to make a 2 week difference. On this doseage, I see my skin go from extremely flakey and dry to flakeless and most...

Please note, everyone of us is different and what works for some may not work for others...!

I would say I'm neither a Fruit or Fat person, just a happily balanced one!! Since I don't eat tons of nuts or nut butters I just get my fats from avos, kefir, fish and the EPO and the odd teaspoon of Extra Virgin Coconut oil as I can be bothered with fighting with a coconut to get the real deal out!!

Happy fruit and fat tripping everyone...

Star...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 02, 2006 07:12PM

Fats and greens for me!

My body metabolizes fat much better than fruit - I think if I ate a lot of fruit I'd gain weight instead of losing weight as I do now. Though I've never tried, fruit makes me cringe, it's too sweet.

(I used to love fruit though, when I ate meat I ate tons of fruit.)

Re: Mycotoxins and Sugar
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 03, 2006 05:59AM

does your message also include a no no to Apple cider vinegar?

Thanks for your help,
John

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 03, 2006 06:34AM

I like both, but perhaps in different quantities.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Re: Mycotoxins and Sugar
Posted by: mark58 ()
Date: August 06, 2006 04:43AM

Mike,
thanks for your post on Mycotoxins.

I am new to the raw diet (almost 4 months raw) and I notice after eating, whether a full meal or a snack, that I get phlem in my throat and sometimes a drippy nose. Have you heard of or experienced this before? Any ideas as to why this happens?

thanks,
Mark58

Date: February 25, 2011 11:31AM

Thanks for the link to eco-eating. I'll definitely will delve deeper into this, as I'm still searching for a way to see if this type of nourishment can work for me.

For me it's a bit of a mystery how you can all thrive on fruits, veggies and seeds/nuts. I have been trying to live like this - various approaches - for 13 years, but have never quite managed to feel nourished.

When eating just fruit (all kinds) and greens with some fat I developed serious tooth decay. When reducing fruit I often felt too weak to think, move, relate etc. and would wake up during the night out of hunger. Adding wheatgrass juice and about 16 ounces of green juice during the day still left me hungry.

Adding more fat in the form of seeds and nuts (both soaked and unsoaked) I experienced liver and pancreatic problems. Same when I experimented with sprouted grains and beans.

While writing this, I feel satisfied, having just had a green smoothie with 2 raw egg yolks followed by a few slices of sour dough bread with plenty of coconut butter. Not optimal, but immediate survival has taken precedence.

Date: February 25, 2011 02:35PM

Harm, glad to hear you've found something that is working a bit better for you. But... this is a vegan site and as such talk of consuming animal products like egg yolk is not encouraged. Sorry about that but those are the rules here. Cheers!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 25, 2011 03:27PM

Harm,

It sounds like you need a specific amount of essential fatty acids and carbohydrates; good luck finding a balance and be well smiling smiley

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 25, 2011 05:54PM

vegangoddess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh oh I meant Victoria Boutenko, lol!!! Sorry. I`m
> not even able to edit my message so my silliness
> is out there for all to see smiling smiley

I LOL'd. I thought you were going somewhere with that thought until I read this post.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: March 04, 2011 04:57PM

I like the consciousness that comes with fats and veggies much more than eating lots of sweet fruit. I tried high fruit, and all that sugar was really disturbing to my peace of mind, and made me kind of depressed. I think anyone who's never tried low-sweet should try it. There's a glycemic index of fruit. Stuff like berries and citrus aren't so bad, but the super sweet fruits are over-stimulating, in my experience. Dates, mangoes, papayas, etc.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 04, 2011 05:48PM

Which reinforces my thoughts there really is no one diet or lifestyle that fits all, some metabolize carbohydrates better, some fat, protein etc. To some extent id put my money that how each body reacts is influenced by genetics and that's no excuse for being lazy with your diet don't get me wrong.

But some on these parts would get at you for not eating sweet fruit in large quantities, personally i do well with dates(wish i knew about these years back when i was snacking on junk food), bananas but ive always been good with carbs but again like i say yeah no one diet fits all some find this a really hard concept to grasp it seems.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 09, 2011 08:46PM

When I went raw, a meal of fruit would make me sleepy. This continued for a few months, and I'm guessing that it was the sugar content.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 09, 2011 08:50PM

If it was straight after the meal it was most likely reactive/acute hypoglycemia.

Date: March 10, 2011 03:58PM

"MAYBE the higher glycemic fruits once in a while."

yeah, sure...

Date: March 10, 2011 07:59PM

As far as getting Spacy is concerned, the mind has a lot to do with your results. If you believe you need meat and deny yourself, your body will react according to your expectations exactly. Your focus should be to question your expectations again and soften your expectations with doubt. You have an individual set of expectations and a group set of expectations. According to your proximity to your friend's your results will vary. Like being close to a radio station broadcast. The more distance you put between your friends and yourself the fewer psychic influences will be an issue. Talking with people about negative influence of foods will amplify the negative effects. The motivation for group conformity will have physical effects that might not occur if you avoid talking about the subject and follow your own notions about how things occur. Your friend's good intentions can eventually kill you. In most instances going to the doctor for anything other than an emergency is shooting yourself in the foot. Frequently people get sick after going to the doctor from the exposure to other sick people. On both a physical and psychic level.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: March 12, 2011 06:55AM

The fittest, leanest, strongest people in the raw foods community are the 811 crew. PERIOD. Just in case there was any doubts. winking smiley

Date: March 12, 2011 02:35PM

The people obsessed with their body image and exercise are the 811 crew, but they're hardly the most conscious people. Living off of dates and bananas is completely and utterly ridiculous. If you'd wait until you're actually hungry you'd find that your body needs some actual substance, things like vegetables, protein, and- gasp- fat. sigh...

TheStorm, I lost you... I was saying, "Yeah, sure" seriously, not sarcastically, to your suggestion that the highest-glycemic fruits maybe good once in a while. I have a box of papayas here right now; it's the only fruit I have in the house at the moment. Personally, I've noticed a lot more desire to eat fruit in the summer than in the winter. But I live in a cold climate.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:17PM

I really don't like the cult-like mentality I see in some of the 80-10-10 people... it's somewhat disturbing to me. If it works for you, it works and I'm glad. But it clearly doesn't work for everyone.

I'm more of a fat person. I have a very very fast metabolism. I eat fruit in the morning only. It revs me up and awakens me. smiling smiley But I mix avocado in with my smoothie to make it heartier and prevent my blood sugar from spiking too much.

The rest of the day, my diet is all greens, TONS of sprouts, seeds and nuts, and random vegetables. I also make a lot of green juice. Greens are the bulk of my diet. They just make me feel so much better than tons of sugar.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables