Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Costa Rica
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2006 08:08PM

Planning a visit to Costa Rica with my family in November for about a month or so. Any one know of good places to visit or stay? Keep it raw.Danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Costa Rica
Posted by: DannyMacK ()
Date: July 12, 2006 08:52PM

Hi Danny,

There is an incredible farmer's market on the weekends in Alejuela which is likely where you are flying into. Imagine a covered football field full of booths of farmers selling all sorts of fresh tropical fruits and vegetables, many that you've likely never tasted. Last time I was there - a couple years ago, it was on Saturdays, though it may have changed by now, so ask the locals when you get there.

Pura Vida!

DannyMacK

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: July 12, 2006 09:21PM

There are three raw communities/retreats listed here:

[www.rawcommunities.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: July 14, 2006 07:46AM

The ferias de agricultura (farmers markets) are on saturdays. I have never been to the one in alejuela, but I will keep that in mind. I believe they are in every main city on every saturday though.

there are many places of beauty and fruit in costa rica. do you know what area you will be staying in and for how long you will be staying?

I think monte verde is a beautiful place to see. It is a cloud forest. It is like a rain forest in the sky. It is by one of the big volcanoes Arenal. when you are they they have these canopy tours. They are very fun. They have them all over costa rica, but i hear the best ones are in monte verde. I tried the sky tram canopy tour before, and it was very fun and beautiful. arenal is a nice volcanoe to see, too. you can stay the night in the area, and watch the volcanoe errupt as you eat dinner.

fruits i've seen very good in this area are cherimoyas, momones chinos (don't know what they are called in english), and watermelon.

when you go to the beach I would recommend the guanacaste beaches. very very beautiful area. all the fruit is delicious. the sands are made out of seashells, and beautiful colors. i hear all kinds of famous people have houses on the guanacaste beaches. a beach very beautiful i will recommend is montezuma. i think it is so beautiful. the people are so nice, too. if you don't get a chance to stay at that beach, and stay in or near jaco you can take a boat to montezuma from there.

a place i thought was very beautiful is cartago. the basilica is so beautiful. I cried when i saw it.

visiting the rain forest in tortugero is amazing. one time i had the opportunity to take the boat through the canals of the rain forest. you get to see monkies, and birdies, and all kinds of beautiful life. it was like the jungle cruise in disneyland... only real. sometimes they even let you see the sea turtles. I don't think they come in november though, but i could be wrong.

I hear november is like the best time for all the good fruit to grow there. lucky you.

i hope that helps.

Love,
Jen

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: July 14, 2006 10:58PM

thanks Jen, Danny, and Rob for your insight!

i'm traveling to Costa Rica this autumn (still working on the details on a tight budget) to live and work on a farm in the San Isidro de El General area.

any tips on how to book a cheap flight? i hear it's best to fly out of Miami...

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: August 07, 2006 06:33PM

bump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables