Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paul Nison Fiasco!...Is it real????
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:52PM

Everybody is up in arms about what Paul Nison is posting here and it strikes me that something is going on here, something is not right!!!!

Like I said before "ain't no such thing as bad publicity".....now for people that say you do not agree or even like Paul Nison you sure are giving this guy a ton of FREE publicity....

Either he passionately believes in what he says and wants to speak his mind or he's drumming up free advertising for his ventures/books/DVD's, etc....via this board!....the people that agree with him will sit back and agree but I'm seeing people that don't agree post his articles anywhere and everywhere as if you were employed by him, you guys really couldn't be doing a better job for him if you tried!

It's a known fact in the retail industry that people that are not happy with a service will tell way more people about it than people that are....so go figure.

Like I say something stinks about all this chaos right now and to me if you guys really felt the way you do it would be so much easier to ignore his statements and let them fall off the board list, instead of keeping them up in the top spot where everybody can read about his new book or friends up coming DVD's....

Give him the chance to show what his true intentions are by letting his actions speak louder, we can all write books and then sit back and do nothing but what about actions!?....We can all get together on boards and talk about stuff, we can all set up organisations for leaders only and talk about health but what about actions!?

I say leave Paul to it and let his actions speak for him....I've nothing against Paul, infact I've never even met the guy so I have no idea what he is like and really this isn't really just about Paul, this goes for anybody that see's themselves as a "leader" in the raw food community.

I'm not saying this to attack Paul, I don't know the guy and to be frank, I couldn't care less what he does with his life. I'm pointing out that to me something don't feel right and to be honest I'm also sick of seeing the negativity on the board and within the raw community, as it puts people that are good people in a bad light and this does nothing good for the raw community as we are the ones that are in the limelight for all the world to see.

This is just my opinion and is not gospel

RB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 02:59PM by richard blackman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul Nison Fiasco!...Is it real????
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:11PM

Richard, this is a forum.

Of course, everyone's entitled to 'opinions', just as you've expressed yours.

Paul has voiced his opinion in quite a dramatic way (by starting several threads within a few hours all on, it seems, a similar theme) and a very noticeable way.

Now, sure, we can assume that's for publicity. And nothing wrong with that if it's within forum guidelines. We may also assume that he feels strongly about what he's saying. Sure.

But, there are some here who feel that these constant warnings about the 'dangers' of (in their opinion) 'over-eating' fruit are steering people away from a diet of whole, fresh, fruit, leaves and veg that could radically improve their health. Recently I've had people contact me via my site saying how grateful they are to...Brian Clements/Paul Nison/Gabriel Cousens etc for WARNING them (two e-mails recently) about fruit and how, now, they 'hardly eat it - perhaps a piece or two a week.'

Now, if Paul is going to post his posts here, those of us who feel differently (including those who feel very strongly) should also be able to post.

Sure it's drawing lots of attention to Paul's posts. I think it's also drawing lots of attention to the high-fruit diets. It's all very interesting in fact!

I do think we should be careful not to interpret the spirited differences of opinion as 'negativity'.

I can think of many movers and shakers in history who have had fierce public disagreements with others. I can think of one who certainly got quite angry on occasions. Seem to remember reading that he overturned money-lenders' tables, called priests (those revered, in authority, who considered themselves 'very good men') a 'den of vipers', amongst other things. Would he, on a modern-day PC forum, be chided for being 'confrontational', 'spreading negativity', or perhaps asked to think about his 'choice of language'?

Just a thought.

Date: February 02, 2009 03:23PM

Your absolutely right, I'll keep my nose out of other peoples business.

RB

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:25PM

:-) :-) :-)

Hope we can meet some day!

X

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 02, 2009 03:50PM

I noticed Paul cross posted to other online sites. I guess he wanted to start a bunch of discussions. So we are discussing. It seems kind of silly to cross post to a bunch of sites, but in the larger scheme of things, oh well.

I don't think what he has to say makes sense, but that's ok.

I don't think there's a one size fits all approach to this, although many people who are ego-invested or monetarily-invested in the raw/vegan movement would have us think otherwise. There are people who get rather testy when you don't think and do things their way. Those are the ones who are ego-invested or monetarily-invested, whose opinions may or may not be viable for you, but whose posts I weed through to get to the flowers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 04:00PM by Lee_123.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:37PM

Now that you mention it . . . how can we know it's really Paul Nison? He's not known for being a provacateur.

Date: February 02, 2009 04:40PM

Lee_123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed Paul cross posted to other online sites.
> I guess he wanted to start a bunch of discussions.
>

Yeah, maybe that's it, I geuss we all have our own way of discussing things, me, I've heard this stuff so many times before that I'm sick of it, it's the same topics, just different people taking part in it....I'm sick of the same heated debates, the same rants, the same scape goats, I'm sure there's a more contructive way of discussing things though, I mean how can one man cause so much hub bub and get all these folks so heated, ha,ha....seems like a huge distraction to me...

I actually think he makes a lot of sense but even if I didn't, so what, I have the choice to take what he says or leave it and ignore it, me not being in agreement with him doesn't mean I have to call him names and attack him and he has to shut his mouth and stop spreading his message because at the end of the day he's going to make sense to someone out there. So what if he's dissing fruit, so what, if he disses fruit, it doesn't matter, life goes on and that fruit is still a fruit....anyway I'm done, just wanted to share what was on my mind, I'm going to go off and enjoy the outdoors!

Be good

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 04:42PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:49PM

richard blackman Wrote:
I mean how can one man cause so
> much hub bub and get all these folks so heated,
> ha,ha....seems like a huge distraction to me...
>

because he comes on out of nowhere with screaming sensationalist headlines that are provacative. Actualy they encite just the reaction the Author is looking for. It is not unlike the tactics used by rag mags ie: enquirer etc...

like you Richard , I am off to enjoy groundhog day in the sun smiling smiley that darn groundhog Wireton Willy saw his shadow and its 6 more weeks of winter here .. but today .. its is sunny and as they say...

Ima Outta here !! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 02, 2009 04:50PM

debbietook Wrote:
> :-) :-) :-)
>
> Hope we can meet some day!
>
> X

Exactly Deb...this is a forum, for EVERYBODY!!!!

So why is Paul being attacked and called names for speaking out on what he believes to be true?!

This isn't a forum for people that share the same opinion and anybody that thinks differently can go to hell or face the boards wrath!....no, that's not right in my book!

What's so stupid about all this is that everybody is wanting the same thing but not everybody can do the same thing to get it!...why is that such an offensive concept to people?

Anyway like I said I'll stay out of this.

RB

Date: February 02, 2009 04:58PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> Now that you mention it . . . how can we know it's
> really Paul Nison? He's not known for being a
> provacateur.

You'd be surprised, a lot of these guys hire assistants and they are the ones that update their forum, facebook and myspace blogs.

RB

Date: February 02, 2009 05:01PM

considering the quote below

Paul Nison
Quote:
Paul Nison, Fred Bisci, Matt Monarch and many other teachers eat a 100% raw food diet and do fine with it while eating very little fruit.

its always kinda weird when one refers to themselves in the third person winking smiley .. honestly i don't even beleive its paul nison posting , but one of his hired sensationalist marketing team.

my 2 cents smiling smiley

Date: February 02, 2009 05:04PM

debbietook Wrote:
> :-) :-) :-)
>
> Hope we can meet some day!
>
> X

I really don't think you would like me to be honest!

RB

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:16PM

So what does he reccomend eating in detail? Here is a list of menus and it looks like blended/juiced greens and vegetables with some token fruit here and there. But he is recommending 5 eating times per day? These menus came out of a book published last year. That's so different from what the poster Paul Nison is saying, I'm wondering if this is actually Paul Nison posting.
[books.google.com]

Posted by: Paul Nison ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:47PM

You guys are so funny. I'm doing the posting all my by myself. You can be sure of that. All I wanted to do was just let everyone know what I've seen happening. I see too many people not doing well on a lot of fruit and Chocolate. If you are not one of those people who are not doing well or disagree with me, fine don't waste your time replying, but come on, you wonder why all the other authors don't take time to reply to post and get on the boards? Because we get replies like, "who wants to check their blood work?"

I was just posting to my blog but wanted to get this message out to as many people because I really do care about people's health. You can say what you want or don't want but if you think I have any other motive you are wrong. Anyone who knows me knows I have given more books away for free and given many free lectures and speak to people for free all the time. I don't expect everyone to agree with me 100% but I'm just saying what has been happening. I'm saying what I have seen work and not work and I'm warning people about it. That's my motive.

Hey I understand why people would think different because there are others out there writing and selling books who fit all those claims, but I'm not one of them. So I understand where you are coming from, but come see me in person before you pass judgement. I'll be speaking all over the country when my new books come out. And no, that's not a plug for my new book. But even if it was what do you expect me to do not tell anyone about it? You guys are funny, if you agree with a message the author is a king to you but if you disagree you make claims about the person.

Have a the best day every... with less fruit and no chocolate
paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2009 06:34PM

Yeah I have seen people not do well on chocolate. For sure.
But why even put fruit in the same sentence as that?

Illogical man. Illogical.

It's like me saying

"Man I have seen people injure themselves with hack saws and packing peanuts."

One of those two things might make sense....the other one just makes you scratch your head.

As far as your intentions...come on...
You give out free books because you're not exactly a "top 100" author or whatever. You have a small niche in the raw foods community and its far more profitable and sensible to put out lots of free stuff to simply get your name out. Also when your books are free but convince folks that they need supplements of any kind (and in particular the ones you just so happen to sell) I don't know that we can say you are doing it all out of the goodness of your heart man.

I'm not saying your a bad person...but certainly the need to make a living and a buck is going to influence your integrity and anyone who disagrees with that is simply not seeing things with eyes wide open. Likewise any argument you use to defend your integrity is always going to be seen as damage control because if you were truly impartial and interested in ONLY the truth you would not be anti-fruit like you are.

How can you say there is such a thing as "too much" fruit?

At what point does it become "too much"? Give me a specific chart that outlines the negative effects of increasing quantities of fruit, which REASONS...not just "ohh it's not sensible."

You're a good person. I have seen you speak. But you are far from an enlightened teacher. Sorry. That's the truth. I love you man, but I have seen plenty of your discussions and videos and I learned close to nothing. Literally.

And as far as the accusation that all these people posting your stuff everywhere is part of a scam to put your name out...I know for sure that isn't true because I in no way am trying to promote you...so for anyone who is concerned about Paul Nison's frequent postings I do believe him when he says it's all him.

Paul, stop bashing fruit without reasons man.
You're starting a battle that you are not going to win and people like me who know what they are talking about will not come on and speak out against you if you simply refrain from bashing things you have no evidence are harmful.
Stop telling people they need supplements. You speak out against superfoods (you don't sell superfoods) but you talk highly about supplements (you sell supplements). SAME CONCEPT. We don't needs supps dawg.

NO ONE DOES. Not you. Not Clement. Not a dying cancer patient. There is not one human being on planet earth that NEEDS supplements. If your diet you advocate requires supps...guess what...your diet is lacking in something and a supplement will not make up for it.

Show us a video of you doing some exercises or something on your diet. Show me you can jog or jump or do some manual labor without collapsing. Your diet is ideal for someone who is sedentary, hypo-active and lethargic. Look at your videos. You are not a bright, cheerful and happy dude.

Exercise is OBVIOUSLY lacking in your daily routine. If you started eating right and getting some movement in your regiment the impact on your hormonal system would drastically change that lethargy and down look you have.

Peace and love.

Date: February 02, 2009 06:51PM

Paul Nison Wrote:
> You guys are so funny. I'm doing the posting all
> my by myself. You can be sure of that. All I
> wanted to do was just let everyone know what I've
> seen happening. I see too many people not doing
> well on a lot of fruit and Chocolate. If you are
> not one of those people who are not doing well or
> disagree with me, fine don't waste your time
> replying, but come on, you wonder why all the
> other authors don't take time to reply to post and
> get on the boards? Because we get replies like,
> "who wants to check their blood work?"
>
> I was just posting to my blog but wanted to get
> this message out to as many people because I
> really do care about people's health. You can say
> what you want or don't want but if you think I
> have any other motive you are wrong. Anyone who
> knows me knows I have given more books away for
> free and given many free lectures and speak to
> people for free all the time. I don't expect
> everyone to agree with me 100% but I'm just saying
> what has been happening. I'm saying what I have
> seen work and not work and I'm warning people
> about it. That's my motive.
>
> Hey I understand why people would think different
> because there are others out there writing and
> selling books who fit all those claims, but I'm
> not one of them. So I understand where you are
> coming from, but come see me in person before you
> pass judgement. I'll be speaking all over the
> country when my new books come out. And no, that's
> not a plug for my new book. But even if it was
> what do you expect me to do not tell anyone about
> it? You guys are funny, if you agree with a
> message the author is a king to you but if you
> disagree you make claims about the person.
>
> Have a the best day every... with less fruit and
> no chocolate
> paul

Well, Paul....it doesn't matter what I think but for what it's worth....as long as your hearts in the right place, I say good for you man!

These are going to be tough times ahead and people are either going to wake up and stand up or stay a sleep and get beat down. It's going to be up to each individual to get prepared or stay distracted.

Be good Paul

RB

Date: February 02, 2009 07:23PM

Jgunn Wrote:
> richard blackman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I mean how can one man cause so
> > much hub bub and get all these folks so heated,
> > ha,ha....seems like a huge distraction to me...
> >
>
> because he comes on out of nowhere with screaming
> sensationalist headlines that are provacative.
> Actualy they encite just the reaction the Author
> is looking for. It is not unlike the tactics used
> by rag mags ie: enquirer etc...
>

Yeah, Jgunn. I can see that point but so what....if we know the tactics why give it energy to grow? I still I don't understand the intense negativity, as a former long time Fruitarian I could of posted back a whole bunch of stuff proving Paul wrong but why should I, if I don't agree with him and his reality is not mine why do I need to spend time attacking him for being where he is on his journey.

I've been on other raw boards recently and seen lies and other crap posted about me from people that don't know me or have never spent time with me in person but I can let it go because I realise that they are not talking about me, they are talking about who they think I am because if they really knew the real me they would know how much of a sensitive/personal person I am, that doesn't always feel like being an open book. Have I done anything to warrant such attacks on my character...no, do the people that join in on the character assasinations personally know me or spend quality time with me and are talking from first hand experience....no....I get attacked by a very small section of the raw commnuity because I dare to be different and I tell it as I see it....as much as it gripes me, it's never going to stop, so you gotta grow thicker skin.

I feel it's the same with Paul....I know for a fact that Paul has helped many, many people with his talks and books but where are the people he's helped to support him now??? I also know that Paul has many, many people that don't agree with him. My point here is that it seems the the haters are always the ones that get heard and it's easier to judge someone harshly that you've never met or simply because you didn't get the answer from them you wanted from them than it is to find a more constructive means of communication when we don't agree with each other. Like I said...I don't know Paul but I really hope he's a stand up guy because this community needs people that will stand strong!!!!

And he's right...people always complain about there being no long time raw vegans/fruitarians posting on boards but when they do share their wisdom/experience they get attacked.

But hey...maybe I'm the one talking crap, either way who cares!

RB

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 07:37PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 02, 2009 07:53PM

>>I actually think he makes a lot of sense but even if I didn't...

Richard I wish you would tell all!

Seems one day someone is quoting you as what someone can do on fruits..then the next day outright bashing you for being a liar. Or putting out absolutist theories that everyone needs X amount of sweet fruit otherwise they CANNOT be healthy or active or that one cannot survive without fiber..or that any kind of internal cleansing is unatural...and not only unnecessary but harmful!...These are the people which really need to go IMO. if they were 'right' they would simply be doing what they do and joyfully. I don't buy ANY of this about people who make are making a big stance against the supplement peddlers and what they have to say is true because they have nothing to gain. What they have to gain is the propagation of their own dogmatic belief system which keeps them doing what they are doing..and silencing any information outside of that. I see 0 compassion for others when they are supposedly trying to 'free' others from 'false' info. Someone who is truly succeeding on this lifestyle would NEVER enter in as someone else and try to belittle them. And what is underneath is just another type of what Paul was describing..someone basically new and into a particular idea of what health should be and which foods should supply this and trying to cram that idea down their own throat.

I don't agree with everthing about HHI or Cousens etc...in fact disagree on alot of fundamental things but the programs being shitcanned work..they have a history of working and there are always going to be exceptions to those rules. Even if one is an exception there is no way to quantify that and prepackage it for someone else...and anyone who believe this is true really needs to reset their brain and perhaps even try some other way of approaching health, but I can say that that alone makes me very suspicious when anyone is talking about holistic health.

a old timer raw fooder once said to me..you know this whole raw movement is like an elephant..everyone has got one piece of the elephant and trying to tell everyone else what kind of creature it is. I think Paul at least got a hold of the trunk and knows is not a dam chimp...Sounds like most folks here have their hands around the balls or up its ass and quoting science when it suits them and ignoring it when it doesn't. The simple fact is that no health is going to be created as long as people are trying to be saved by anyone particular program and instead making honest assumptions about not only what foods nourish them..but more importantly how to retrace their health problems and facilitate the most thorough detox and cleansing. being a kind parent to oneself and not a domineering one.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 08:03PM by anaken.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 02, 2009 08:13PM

I saw his lecture last year.
He seems to really believe in what he does.
This is a forum and why is it seen as a problem if he posts here.??

Vinny

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 02, 2009 08:16PM

>a old timer raw fooder once said to me..you know this whole raw movement is like an elephant..everyone has got one piece of the elephant and trying to tell everyone else what kind of creature it is.<

Great analogy. And the raw movement wouldn't be whole without all its various and sundry (and sometimes dissonant) parts.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 02, 2009 09:05PM

anaken Wrote:
> >>I actually think he makes a lot of sense but
> even if I didn't...
>
> Richard I wish you would tell all!
>
>
> Seems one day someone is quoting you as what
> someone can do on fruits..then the next day
> outright bashing you for being a liar.

Why should I?

I only get attacked for it....over the years I've shared a lot of info only to get bashed by the "usual suspects"...I've done countless interviews and posted them here, I've put up info on my sites over the years, I've run my own forums too, the info is out there you just gotta read it.

As much as people wouldn't not like to admit it my Fruitarian life was always been an open book, I always told the good and the bad, until a few years ago. I'm not like most folks that have gone raw and after many years are still doing the same thing, I've always evolved and progressed to new things and one time I even quit for good or so I thought, my views have chopped and changed as I've learnt my trade and people wanna call me a liar because of that and the fact that people lose sight of the fact that I've struggled just like anybody else. When I come on these boards I'm not out to teach or be a guru with loyal followers, I've just been happy to share my pics and videos and leave it at that because I truly believe that anybody can do the same things I do and I don't believe I'm doing anything special. Heck.... there's people on cooked foods that can do way more than I can.

The problem is that there's always going to be "haters" and these people for what ever reason will hate on you whatever you do,you just cannot win, so I don't entertain those people or answer their repeated questions as I value my own peace/harmony much more these days, I also don't feel the need to answer everybodies questions on "demand" because that's not what I'm here for, I'm just like anybody else sharing what they love to do, plus I'm not that young maverick "Fruitarian" out to prove the world wrong anymore,I'm done reporting in to people on forums about every little change, I'm a different machine now and I've proved to myself everything I need to. I've also learnt that actions speak louder than words, So if folks wanna make me out to be some secretive mystery man or say I'm lying then that's great because then hopefully they'll leave me alone but they never do, so in my eye's these people "CHOOSE" to hate on people.

I think if more of the "usual suspects" spent time walking the walk instead of hating on the ones doing it they would have the answers for themselves and would actually realise how hard it is to do what I do.

Lemme ask you a question Anaken...do you go under another name on another forum???

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 09:09PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 02, 2009 09:27PM

heh..thats not exactly what I meant. But I respect 100% what you are saying. I guess what I was looking for was more indepth on how you can understand where Paul is coming from based on your own experience and understanding of detox. I think people get the wrong impression and label what you do as a result of 'fruit eating' whereas I understand it the message has always been about detox and actively changing the body over time. Perhaps I am wrong but I have always appreciated the information but I think some falls through the cracks and people get the wrong impression and use it to increase their dogmatic beliefs and dismiss the 'work and struggle and open-minded thinking' of it.

no this is the only major forum I've ever written on..I recently joined GITMR as "Ken" but the posts there go by so quick and then into the virtual dustbin until the same issue comes up in a matter of weeks. But really find all of this very draining myself.

[www.giveittomeraw.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 09:30PM by anaken.

Date: February 02, 2009 09:39PM

anaken Wrote:
> heh..thats not exactly what I meant. But I respect
> 100% what you are saying. I guess what I was
> looking for was more indepth on how you can
> understand where Paul is coming from based on your
> own experience and understanding of detox. I think
> people get the wrong impression and label what you
> do as a result of 'fruit eating' whereas I
> understand it the message has always been about
> detox and actively changing the body over time.
> Perhaps I am wrong but I have always appreciated
> the information but I think some falls through the
> cracks and people get the wrong impression and use
> it to increase their dogmatic beliefs and dismiss
> the 'work and struggle and open-minded thinking'
> of it.
>
> no this is the only major forum I've ever written
> on..I recently joined GITMR as "Ken" but the posts
> there go by so quick and then into the virtual
> dustbin until the same issue comes up in a matter
> of weeks. But really find all of this very
> draining myself.
>
>
> [www.giveittomeraw.com]

OOOps...sorry!..ha,ha!

Well I do totally agree that people overeat on raw foods and fruits based on taste, more than they realise, I've always said that here and I do agree that exercise is key, I've always said that too,I agree that the raw diet is not perfect and that more goes into health than just food, all the other stuff is his scientific opinion and doesn't ring true for me but that's because I'm not him and he is not me and I'm ok with that. Even if I didn't agree with some of what he said it would still be ok because I'm not him and he is not me and he's entitled to believe that his experience is true!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 09:41PM by richard blackman.

Date: February 02, 2009 09:40PM

anaken Wrote:
> no this is the only major forum I've ever written
> on..I recently joined GITMR as "Ken" but the posts
> there go by so quick and then into the virtual
> dustbin until the same issue comes up in a matter
> of weeks. But really find all of this very
> draining myself.
>
>
> [www.giveittomeraw.com]

Cool, I'm glad to hear that!.....DON'T ASK!

RB

Date: February 03, 2009 12:54AM

richard blackman Wrote:
>
> Yeah, Jgunn. I can see that point but so
> what....if we know the tactics why give it energy
> to grow?

I agree Richard, thats why instead of sitting in front of my idiot box today and getting involved in the half dozen some odd threads i chose instead to go spend time at the pool/hot tub and then work on seeding my transplants that will hopefully be able to go in the ground if it ever stops snowing around here winking smiley

I guess what I was saying was I dont really care that Paul is right or wrong ...Just perhaps his delivery was kinda out there. IF for example .. Richard quite often from time to time you pop up and say hey .. peeps .. here is something you should check out .. something that I think is great .. here it is ... well we say .. gee thanks Richard .. thats great .. will check that out. IF for example you came here and said Hey you guys everything you do is all wrong and you better come check out my XYZ or your hellbound for failure , I could see some people getting uptight.

I guess im saying is the difference in delivery of the message/info is the difference between being subtle and helpful versus being obnoxious

anyways thats about what I feel. IF this is truly paul as he as stated and as you say his hearts in the right place then great

and what i think/care about/ doesnt really matter to anyone but myself anyways smiling smiley

Date: February 03, 2009 01:03AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> richard blackman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Yeah, Jgunn. I can see that point but so
> > what....if we know the tactics why give it
> energy
> > to grow?
>
> I agree Richard, thats why instead of sitting in
> front of my idiot box today and getting involved
> in the half dozen some odd threads i chose instead
> to go spend time at the pool/hot tub and then work
> on seeding my transplants that will hopefully be
> able to go in the ground if it ever stops snowing
> around here winking smiley
>
> I guess what I was saying was I dont really care
> that Paul is right or wrong ...Just perhaps his
> delivery was kinda out there. IF for example ..
> Richard quite often from time to time you pop up
> and say hey .. peeps .. here is something you
> should check out .. something that I think is
> great .. here it is ... well we say .. gee thanks
> Richard .. thats great .. will check that out.
> IF for example you came here and said Hey you guys
> everything you do is all wrong and you better come
> check out my XYZ or your hellbound for failure , I
> could see some people getting uptight.
>
> I guess im saying is the difference in delivery of
> the message/info is the difference between being
> subtle and helpful versus being obnoxious
>
> anyways thats about what I feel. IF this is truly
> paul as he as stated and as you say his hearts in
> the right place then great
>
> and what i think/care about/ doesnt really matter
> to anyone but myself anyways smiling smiley

Yeah, I completely agree and that's why I thought it may be a publicity thing, but then the reaction from others totally fell into his hands if that was the case and I thought people would of handled him better than they did, kinda cut him off at the pass type thing.

That's actually an old article that he wrote a while ago, don't know why he's posting it again but hey, he had his reasons.

I really hope his heart is in the right place too because I want a guru to finally prove me wrong!

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 01:10AM by richard blackman.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 03, 2009 12:11PM

I was just looking over the great posts above. Its a good discussion. I guess it's easy for my way of thinking. I'm always evaluating the MATERIAL and only to a very lesser extent the man. If some one was SHOUTING the theory of relativity.....or the formula for gunpowder.....and using lots of 4-word expletives and filthy gestures.....would I find the message offensive? Or less useful? Or bash the author? I'd just copy down the material and run! smiling smiley

In any event, Wayne Dyer (Great inspirational writer and speaker) said ask yourself this: "Would you rather be RIGHT or KIND?" The honest answer can be quite telling about where a person is 'spiritually' - you know?

My opinion: Never throw out the baby with the bathwater. Take the good things people do and support them - and leave the rest. If you want to throw down with mud, you're going to get dirty. Heh..heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 03, 2009 12:35PM

What you said touches upon what I've been learning about "Non Violent Communication" (NVC). Really good stuff that resonates and leaves to a way you be right and kind. smiling smiley

Google the term or head to YouTube: [www.youtube.com]

Rosenberg talks about how some people are still stuck in the"domination model" (because that is what they have always been taught and what our society often reinforces). He has a great story about his son breaking out of that in an instance where his son was unfairly victimized. The son really shone! Listening/watching the YouTube videos is worth it alone for his son's response to being bullied.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 03, 2009 02:10PM

Hi Paul,
I saw your lecture.
Keep going around the world and doing what you are doing.
Great work!

Vinny

Posted by: TigerDak ()
Date: February 03, 2009 10:17PM

I have written a book about minerals but I have never started any threads with one of my chapters before or anything like that. Instead, I'll use whatever I learned from the research I used to write my book in a casual fashion to help others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2009 10:19PM by TigerDak.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables