Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What Determines a Nutrient Deficiency???
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 08, 2009 06:41AM

justin1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> ---animals like humans die because of
> "starvation" (lack of energy and its source) or
> "toxemia" (developed beyond its critical point of
> reversal)...

Yes, I totally agree. And interestingly, both starvation and toxemia lead to the same lack of energy (life force, prana, mana?) that ultimately causes death.

Justin, what you said here really intrigues me:

> ... the higher the
> level of one type of nutrient, the higher the
> level of other type of complementary nutrient is
> required to restore and maintain the balance
> between the different types of nutrients and their
> levels...

That seems to be my experience exactly! Very interesting point, seldom discussed! I tend to think that eating small amounts helps us to obtain balance.

And could this also imply something about variety in a raw food diet? My personal theory is that maybe deficiencies are less likely to effect us negatively, and cravings are more easily controlled, if we have a little of everything (raw vegan).

And maybe we're afforded special temporary protection against deficiencies when we fast, as long as we fast "rationally" (code word for Ehret's best - I think).

I've always had a problem with greens, even though I know they're packed with nutrients. But I can easily handle even a large salad, if I fast regularly enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2009 06:42AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: February 08, 2009 08:07AM

suncloud Wrote:
I tend to think that eating small amounts helps us to obtain balance. And could this also imply something about variety in a raw food diet? My personal theory is that maybe deficiencies are less likely to effect us negatively, and cravings are more easily controlled, if we have a little of everything (raw vegan). And maybe we're afforded special temporary protection against deficiencies when we fast, as long as we fast "rationally" (code word for Ehret's best - I think). I've always had a problem with greens, even though I know they're packed with nutrients. But I can easily handle even a large salad, if I fast regularly enough.

---yes suncloud, you are on right track...winking smiley

---just to add: all animals use fasting as a mean to heal and recover to re-establish the balanced state of health..., however, domesticated animals are often not allowed to fast, because of their human owners false-beliefs, being force-fed with foods and drugs, which adds in more enervation and increases toxemia, obstructing and delaying the completion of the required healing to restore the balanced state of health..., similarly as human parents force-feed their unwilling and crying-protesting babies/children despite their obvious absent hunger and need for a food...

---do not force eating greens or any other food-stuff upon yourself if your body senses do not signal for that or find it appealing and tasteful...

---many try to trick and fool their bodies (and their babies/children) by mixing-blending different food-stuff into one meal, such as making a sort of "green & fruit-smoothie", because one or the other type of food ingredient if eaten alone IS unappealing and rejected by body's senses..., - this is a typical among factors behind the development of toxemia and over-eating...

---so, yes IME, the lesser amount of higher quality and - better tasting foods, eaten one type of a food at a time, is the only sane long-term sustainable way to go...winking smiley

thanks for sharing,

Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: February 08, 2009 12:32PM

justin1 Wrote:
*"animals like humans die because of "starvation" (lack of energy and its source) or "toxemia" (developed beyond its critical point of reversal)..."

*"just to add: all animals use fasting as a mean to heal and recover to re-establish the balanced state of health..., however, domesticated animals are often not allowed to fast, because of their human owners false-beliefs, being force-fed with foods and drugs, which adds in more enervation and increases toxemia, obstructing and delaying the completion of the required healing to restore the balanced state of health..., similarly as human parents force-feed their unwilling and crying-protesting babies/children despite their obvious absent hunger and need for a food..."

---just want to clarify more:...

---"starvation" happens when organism's own life energy resources (stored internally and/or absorbed externally) are depleted and true hunger/thirst is not met...,

---death because of starvation happens if unresolved hunger extends beyond its critical point of survival...

---in nature, wild animal usually die because of injury beyond repair, or because of unrestored health caused by uncompleted healing and recovery..., both leading to unability to meet hunger timely, either by unability to find food, or to absorb it to meet life energy requirements...

---"toxemia" usually develops in domesticated animals, pets and canins..., as these animals are treated unnaturally in an artificial environment, and are enforced to abide and follow a human way of understanding and living life..., - many pets develop similar toxemia diseases as they owners do...

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 08, 2009 07:22PM

justin1 Wrote:

> ---do not force eating greens or any other
> food-stuff upon yourself if your body senses do
> not signal for that or find it appealing and
> tasteful...

Definitely! Greens taste very good to me, but only if I eat them when they feel right.

For a while, I was very much craving some really strong-tasting greenish choy-like SOMEthing, but couldn't find it organic in stores here. So I started growing different stuff, and I love my purple Osaka mustard spinach (which I've read is neither a mustard nor a spinach), and I like raw collards. I like the different bok choys a lot, but they don't seem to grow well with all our rain. And then there's the arugula and cilantro and 3 different types of tender lettuce. Mmmmm.

> ---many try to trick and fool their bodies (and
> their babies/children) by mixing-blending
> different food-stuff into one meal, such as making
> a sort of "green & fruit-smoothie", because one
> or the other type of food ingredient if eaten
> alone IS unappealing and rejected by body's
> senses..., - this is a typical among factors
> behind the development of toxemia and
> over-eating...

I think you're right. I do mix my salads though (my bad!). I consider them such a treat. I'm just not willing to give them up. Call me less than perfect! Or worse! smiling smiley

Most days though, I just eat fruits and seeds. I don't mix my fruits together much in a bowl, although I do usually eat more than one kind at a "meal". I eat as much as I want of one fruit. Then I eat as much as I want of another. And in the afternoon, I mix sesame seeds with sunflower seeds, usually less than 1/4 cup each.

Sometimes I mix avocado with cucumber and lemon juice. And sometimes I throw in some tomato and mashed up eggplant. Pretty good. But that's about as fancy as I get, and it's not very often.

I think it's a shame the way some parents force food on their kids. At Head Start, we were taught to place the foods for each meal separately on a plate and allow the kids to eat what they wanted. I thought that was a pretty good idea, especially considering it came from SAD.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2009 07:34PM by suncloud.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables