Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

is corn mucus forming ?
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: February 06, 2009 01:57AM

I can't find anything on the net about it. Someone here would know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is corn mucus forming ?
Posted by: justin1 ()
Date: February 06, 2009 02:25AM

---IME, all foods more or less promote mucus forming, in my body at least..., except for fresh raw organic sun-ripe fruits, if eaten one type of a fruit at a time, and not overeating on it...

---i experience that the most mucus promoting foods are: all unnaturally processed foods, specially those heated..., as well raw foods, such as milk and dairy, and not least: grains, legumes/beans, seeds, many nuts (soaked or sproated doesn't matter), and finally also plants (vegetables, greens, herbs, etc)..., - in my case that is...

---IME and understanding, mucus building, despite the suffering it causes, has its specific aim and function initiated and orchestrated by our intelligent organism, having its purpose to help to limit, contain and expell the toxic waste and harmful substances matter and the overflow food stuff out of the body also via other elimination channels than colon system, such as lungs via its outward pathways..., IME...

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: February 06, 2009 03:28AM

Yes. You can read Arnold Ehret's book or you can look up on acid/alkaline charts. You'll find it in the acidic column which means that it is mucus forming.

You can test yourself. Eat some corn and you will find that you are more mucused up than if you ate something like watermelon which is alkaline.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 06, 2009 09:56AM

Corn is botanically considered a type of fruit called "caryopsis". Sweet corn varieties are sweet in their prime; and later, the natural sugars convert to mucous-forming starch.

After picking corn at the peak of its tender sweetness, the sooner corn can be eaten, the better. The natural corn sugar very quickly converts to mucous-forming starch, so raw corn should ideally be eaten within a half-hour after it's harvested. IMO it's best eaten right when it's picked.

Mmmm! Nothin' like grazin' for sweet caryopsis fruit in a corn field! Sweet, tender, creamy, and juicy! Yum!

That said, for anyone who is satisfied with somewhat less than perfection, raw Store-Bought corn-on-the-cob is probably much healthier than cooked dry grain foods like pastas, bread, and rice!

Date: February 07, 2009 02:47AM

Thank you for your insights. Corn is so delicious. And so satisfying too with tomatoes and green zucchinis.

As I understand it, fresh corn is alkaline and dry corn grains acidic. Right?

Blessings

Cynthia

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 07, 2009 08:12AM

Here's a website that has fresh corn in the lowest alkaline category (click "Health School" on the left of the home page, then click "Lesson 18"winking smiley:

[www.naturalhealthschool.com]

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 07, 2009 11:25AM

i only eat corn a few times a year and its gotta be from a local farmer and picked at just the right time..

how good is creamy corn! the kernels are like a pearl yellow colour and its amazing! but yeah, i eat it within hours of pick'n and always as the last meal of the day.

Date: February 08, 2009 06:40PM

very interesting - on the acid-alkaline chart, corn is both acidic and alkaline...

thanks for the link

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables