Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how do I find out that calorie I need?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: November 12, 2011 09:53PM

Hi all,

I am still 80-90% raw now due to my weight concern. I am 5'2 and what's the healthy weight for my height? How much calorie that I need to maintain my healthy weight?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do I find out that calorie I need?
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 13, 2011 09:29AM

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 13, 2011 04:39PM

Agree with ragosia. This isn't a diet, where you eat just 1200 calories a day, or just grapefruit and cabbage soup. Rather, on raw, your body decides when you have eaten enough, and signals you to eat more through real hunger. Don't overthink it!

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: November 14, 2011 12:32AM

as much energy as you care to have you eat . just don't under eat

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 14, 2011 03:22AM

I've lost a lot of weight since going all raw a few months ago, and I've gotten pretty thin. However, I feel fantastic. At 51, I have way more energy than I've had since my 20's. This tells me that what I'm doing is good for me. The weight thing will level out. I look good. I'm just a little thin, but I really don't care about that. I feel great, and so I must not have needed that 20 or so pounds that has fallen off.

I agree with Tamukha and Rawgosia. Just follow your appetite, and don't overthink it. Let your body guide you instead some arbitrary caloric table.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2011 10:42AM

Some great advice there, but if you wish to know your body mass index (BMI) then check out www.deathclock.com as it supplies a converter to gauge your weight vs your height.

Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 05:48PM

Hi Marsh,

Thanks for your sharing.
I lost some weight and I look thin.
I am adding some cooked foods back as I do not want to look thin.
I guess that I have to change my thinking and do not focus on the comment '
what happened? you look too thin..?" too much.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 14, 2011 11:32PM

Hey jj2011-

A couple of thoughts-

First of all, I don't think anybody's comments on my thinness, fatness or whateverness would cause me to change my diet to avoid the comments. Whatever. Opinions are all over the place, and everyone has them. My family is definitely convinced that I am off the deep end with my diet, and I could really care less. I don't look like a skeleton, I am just thinner than I was a few months ago. I know I'm getting what I need, and I feel good, so their opinions mean pretty much nothing in that regard.

The other thing is, if you want to stay more raw, adding more good quality fats can help if that agrees with you and your body does well with them. We all thrive on different ratios in our diets. I'm still figuring out that detail, but I have a feeling that I do well on slightly more protein and fats than so much carbohydrate stuff. It's trial and error there. Maybe you are looking for a reason to add in some cooked stuff? Don't know. Just guessing. And there's nothing wrong with some cooked, either. 100% raw isn't for everyone.

You have the wisdom of the Universe flowing through you. Your body knows best what it needs, and your intuition will guide you. Take the comments on this forum and the comments from family and friends as just opinions to ponder. In the end, you really are your own guru.

Just my 2 cents. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables