Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Most Impressive, The Most Beautiful And The Fittest Raw food Role Model
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:23AM

I know you all expected to see a big pic of me right...ha,ha, just kidding... hey if I don't think I'm beautiful, no one else will right...ha,ha!

In light of certain posts completely destroying the appearence of certain raw food guru's, one thing struck me....HURT PEOPLE, HURT PEOPLE and raw food forums are fast becoming a breeding ground for hurt people to hurt others we don't really know that cannot answer back!...I see this so much in the raw commuity that I just can't let it go and I have to speak on it. PLEASE NOTE: This is not a personal attack on anybody, but if the hat fits, then work it....this goes out to EVERYBODY including myself!!!!!

I can totally understand that certain people/guru's in the limeligt aren't pleasing to the eye or what what some might expect but DAYUM...there's many, many other totally amazing, young, vibrant and beautifull wanna be "raw guru's" out there that are great examples of whatever raw lifestyle suitsyou, so why are people setting others and themselves up for instant failure.....Are we just seeing what we wanna see so we can hurt and victimize others....Are we in this to break people/ourselves down or build people/ourselves up, why do we post such attacks on raw food forums, these "guru's" that have been mentioned are all old and/or have had their day...if I see Doug Graham looks like crap, do I have to come on the board and say so, do I have to use him as a trainer/consultant, no, I simply accept it as my personal opinion, choose not to use his services and move on, I'm not giving him my money, so no harm, no foul right!?...AM I STATING THE OBVIOUS HERE????

Even me the self proclaimed closet "guru" slayer has to ask...Where do these "guru's" claim to be the most impressive, the most beautiful or the fittest raw food "guru's", is it a part of the job description to be what the society considers to be beautiful before you can be a "guru"?!, what about health???? I know many beautiful and super fit people on cooked foods but does that mean I have to live like them in order to be/look like them, I also know many of these people have severe health issues too. Do I need to judge someone else's looks inorder to convince me to continue doing what I don't know if I want to do in the first place, no...I simply need to look into the REAL reason's why I'm walking a path that leaves me so inconsistant and uncertain.

We can all get together and assasinate the characters of "the leading guru's" of the day but who gave these guys "guru" status in the first place "the raw community".... did these guys earn "guru status" probably not, but the fact remains, the raw community gave them the power to be up there in the limelight and taking their money for a reason....some "guru's" earn their status simply by being lazy and taking the easy way out or by being the "party" type, selling raw placebos and so called "super foods", some "guru's" earned their status by recovering from fatal illnesses/conditions, either way...these people are NOT in anyway shape or form expected to look like they just stepped off the cat walk or out of sports illustrated or men's health & fitness, most of these people are from "New agey/hippy" backgrounds simply promoting what works for them or what gives them the easiest form of income.

To come on raw food forums and say these "guru's" are ugly and to say they are not good role models is absolutely redundant and is simply ambushing easy victims that cannot answer back! ...you gotta line up your expectations with the right people, to say Victoria buotenko isn't a cat walk model because she's raw is an easy victim to attack, does that mean shes sick, does it mean she's a fake, who knows and that's one of my points...WHO KNOWS!?.

I think it's one thing to voice your opinion and rip into the appearence of some "guru's", heck, I'm always questioning the integrity of these guys, the difference with me is that I'll do it to their face too, it's another thing to pick on someone that can't answer back, I personally think that if your gonna play the "character assasination" game...you better be bringing a FLAWLESS 'A' game with you because as the saying goes, when you point your finger at others, you always have three pointing back at you!

RB

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 11:38AM by richard blackman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Most Impressive, The Most Beautiful And The Fittest Raw food Role Model
Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:40AM

Hi Richard,

I don't think anyone is picking on anyone else.
It's just not very good for us NEW to raw foods to read up about how great it is to eat raw, anti aging e.t.c. And then to look at the people that everyone is looking up to and see that they do not even look very good themselves.
Its not very motivational for us to see that.

And someone was just expressing that, and i have to agree with them.
No offence intended.

Date: February 12, 2009 11:52AM

paulieGB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Richard,
>
> I don't think anyone is picking on anyone else.
> It's just not very good for us NEW to raw foods to
> read up about how great it is to eat raw, anti
> aging e.t.c. And then to look at the people that
> everyone is looking up to and see that they do not
> even look very good themselves.
> Its not very motivational for us to see that.
>
> And someone was just expressing that, and i have
> to agree with them.
> No offence intended.

Hey...I agree too, infact I've been saying this in a polite manner for years, I think it's the way it's done that tends to distract from the actual message, when you use blunt language and swear words to describe your distaste for someones appearance then it looks aggressive, right...at the end of the day, these "guru's" are real people with feelings, yes some are jerks but hey....that's life...again this is NOT a personal attack on anybody, but you got to understand also that I'm NOT new to raw foods and I've seen this on all raw food forums over a number of years, not just the number of posts here recently. If your discouraged by what you see others doing then ignore them and blaze your own trial. Your success shouldn't depend on the success of others, they are not you and you are not them!

It's got nothing to do with experience, it should be common sense....if you don't like the look of a car, you move on and choose one you do like. As I said, there's a wealth of other people you can choose from if you need positive examples to follow, focus on them and ignore the one that don't suit you, you don't have to name and shame in this way, it makes the board and the poster look bad.

We all have a right to express in a polite manner right!?

Be good

RB

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 12:07PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:11PM

I think it's interesting that the post i put up so that people could look at a very inspirational person has only received 5 responses some of which are mine.

I think some people do want to critisize but fail to applaud which is such a shame.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:12PM

i do agree
i think that thick nat hanh ( sorry, i don't recall how to spell his name)
he is a buddhist monk
at any rate
he said that before you say anything to someone or some people
think of these three things

1. is it true?
2. is it kind?
3. is it necessary?

before uttering it

Date: February 12, 2009 01:06PM

flipperjan Wrote:
> I think it's interesting that the post i put up so
> that people could look at a very inspirational
> person has only received 5 responses some of which
> are mine.
>
> I think some people do want to critisize but fail
> to applaud which is such a shame.

VERY, VERY VERY TRUE!!!!!!

It seems like that's the order of the day on raw food forums these days....the wheel that squeeks the loudest gets the oil!!!!

Too many forums want the controversy, heated debate because it brings people in!!!! and the real support goes unnoticed!

RB

Date: February 12, 2009 01:08PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> i do agree
> i think that thick nat hanh ( sorry, i don't
> recall how to spell his name)
> he is a buddhist monk
> at any rate
> he said that before you say anything to someone or
> some people
> think of these three things
>
> 1. is it true?
> 2. is it kind?
> 3. is it necessary?
>
> before uttering it

Big hug to ya bay bee!!!

RB

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:12PM

Is being raw what makes the runway models so skinny ?

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:49PM

> 1. is it true?
> 2. is it kind?
> 3. is it necessary?

Sounds like he was quoting the Buddha on Right Speech.

I can't recall if it was Ajahn Chah who said, “If you can’t control your mouth, there’s no way you can hope to control your mind.”

-------------------
from [www.buddhismtoday.com]

Right Speech:

Since speech is the most powerful means of communication, the Buddha emphasises the cultivation of right modes of speech. These have been described as avoiding falsehood and adhering to the truth; abstaining from tale-bearing and instead promoting harmony; refraining from harsh language and cultivating gentle and courteous speech; avoiding vain, irresponsible and foolish talk, and speaking in reasoned terms on subjects of value. Naturally right speech includes in the modern context right ways of communication whatever the medium used.
-------------------

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 12, 2009 03:42PM

richard blackman Wrote:

> I can totally understand that certain
> people/guru's in the limeligt aren't pleasing to
> the eye or what what some might expect

> Even me the self proclaimed closet "guru" slayer
> has to ask...Where do these "guru's" claim to be
> the most impressive, the most beautiful or the
> fittest raw food "guru's", is it a part of the job
> description to be what the society considers to be
> beautiful before you can be a "guru"?!, what about
> health???? .... Do I need to judge someone else's
> looks inorder to convince me to continue doing
> what I don't know if I want to do in the first
> place, no

What may be a dismal image and poor representation of raw eating to one person could be just what another person needed to be encouraged to give it a try. Many did not embark on the course of raw eating to become glamourous (even though that is overtly if not subtly used as a selling point by some marketeers). They did it to improve the quality of their health and in fact ended up doing just that.

Improvements such people may have realized would have made their efforts a success. People who have experienced complete relief from chronic conditions, whether these were digestive issues, respiratory, mood swings, etc would be just as entitled to sing the praises of raw eating as those whose figures improved to the point of becoming "cat walkers". Even if not achieving complete recovery, any improvement for such people would have been a blessing. For instance, a person who may have been non-functional due to chronic fatigue for months if not years whose energy improvement-- from switching to improved eating habits-- allows them to function around the house for most if not all day is also an inspiration in my book, just as much as another who may have made improvements to the point of running a marathon.

For other people who are dealing with similar challenges, they would serve as a better representation of raw eating than the 'model' athletic figures, because it is providing them with living proof that someone else could make a significant recovery from the conditions they are likewise experiencing.

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: February 12, 2009 04:04PM

Pistachio Wrote:
> richard blackman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I can totally understand that certain
> > people/guru's in the limeligt aren't pleasing
> to
> > the eye or what what some might expect
>
> > Even me the self proclaimed closet "guru"
> slayer
> > has to ask...Where do these "guru's" claim to
> be
> > the most impressive, the most beautiful or the
> > fittest raw food "guru's", is it a part of the
> job
> > description to be what the society considers to
> be
> > beautiful before you can be a "guru"?!, what
> about
> > health???? .... Do I need to judge someone
> else's
> > looks inorder to convince me to continue doing
> > what I don't know if I want to do in the first
> > place, no
>
> What may be a dismal image and poor representation
> of raw eating to one person could be just what
> another person needed to be encouraged to give it
> a try. Many did not embark on the course of raw
> eating to become glamourous (even though that is
> overtly if not subtly used as a selling point by
> some marketeers). They did it to improve the
> quality of their health and in fact ended up doing
> just that.
>
> Improvements such people may have realized would
> have made their efforts a success. People who
> have experienced complete relief from chronic
> conditions, whether these were digestive issues,
> respiratory, mood swings, etc would be just as
> entitled to sing the praises of raw eating as
> those whose figures improved to the point of
> becoming "cat walkers". Even if not achieving
> complete recovery, any improvement for such people
> would have been a blessing. For instance, a
> person who may have been non-functional due to
> chronic fatigue for months if not years whose
> energy improvement-- from switching to improved
> eating habits-- allows them to function around the
> house for most if not all day is also an
> inspiration in my book, just as much as another
> who may have made improvements to the point of
> running a marathon.
>
> For other people who are dealing with similar
> challenges, they would serve as a better
> representation of raw eating than the 'model'
> athletic figures, because it is providing them
> with living proof that someone else could make a
> significant recovery from the conditions they are
> likewise experiencing.

And your point is?????

Seems like your trying to point out to me something I already stated in my post!

Whisch was....

", some "guru's" earned their status by recovering from fatal illnesses/conditions, either way...these people are NOT in anyway shape or form expected to look like they just stepped off the cat walk or out of sports illustrated or men's health & fitness,"

Was there a point you were trying to make to me???....or were you even refering to me at all?

RB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 04:09PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 12, 2009 04:30PM

richard blackman Wrote:

> And your point is?????
>
>
> Was there a point you were trying to make to
> me???....or were you even refering to me at all?
>
> RB

Actually I was agreeing with the idea you were presenting since I've also noticed the tendency of some to be superficial when evaluating the success of others, when in fact the concept of improvement goes beyond external aspects.

Date: February 12, 2009 04:40PM

Pistachio Wrote:
> richard blackman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > And your point is?????
> >
> >
> > Was there a point you were trying to make to
> > me???....or were you even refering to me at
> all?
> >
> > RB
>
> Actually I was agreeing with the idea you were
> presenting since I've also noticed the tendency of
> some to be superficial when evaluating the success
> of others, when in fact the concept of improvement
> goes beyond external aspects.

Oh ok....ha,ha, I wasn't sure...yeah, your right there, there's so much more to this going raw thing than meets the eye and when you really get a chance to look at it, you'll see that different people like to have different leaders/examples for their own personal reason....the problem is that some people will go as far as to say that their leader is better than the any other leader and every other leader or any other way is wrong!

Being fitness orientated I see tons of people/athletes that look down on raw vegans because of the smaller/leaner size, etc but they are basing most of their judgement on people that are still going through their transition/detox period and also they are judging old or sedentary raw food guru's that have nothing to do with their sport or activity/lifestyle, none of them are actually making observations based on people doing the same sport and same training so of course things will not add up or look appealing. I think people are still trapped in living the raw lifestyle by cooked food standards and still hold those same standards of beauty to be the true standard, generally I've found that this people really have not changed their diets at all because when the diet changes, so does the mind.

I've also seen people complain about there not being any Guru that looks good but when examples are given they make every excuse to discredit them, so some people also only see what they want to.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 04:47PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: February 12, 2009 04:47PM

I agree.

who is bringing the 'A' game? very few.

some think they are..but certainly don't have the emotional poise/ compassion/acceptance part down.

people don't see to want to take what works and 'move on' they want to lecture and think they are 'saving' others even though there is no absence of people doing at least the parts of holistic living successfully...and very differently. not too hard to choose which things make sense IMO. Those who don't see it this way and think its their mission to put down others and claim the superiority of their system I have a big problem with especially because I think in some cases people's appearance/demeanor/energy give off are major indicators but I've got lots of different opinions that I almost NEVER share. There are alot of threads I sometimes feel like participating in but at the end of the day I don't think what I have to say will make much of a difference but create backlash , and I certainly don't enter out into the universe to create more problems for myself. intentionally anyway. ok got to go work on MY game I guess.

[www.giveittomeraw.com]

Date: February 12, 2009 04:53PM

anaken Wrote:
> I agree.
>
> who is bringing the 'A' game? very few.
>
> some think they are..but certainly don't have the
> emotional poise/ compassion/acceptance part down.
>
> people don't see to want to take what works and
> 'move on' they want to lecture and think they are
> 'saving' others even though there is no absence of
> people doing at least the parts of holistic living
> successfully...and very differently. not too hard
> to choose which things make sense IMO. Those who
> don't see it this way and think its their mission
> to put down others and claim the superiority of
> their system I have a big problem with especially
> because I think in some cases people's
> appearance/demeanor/energy give off are major
> indicators but I've got lots of different opinions
> that I almost NEVER share. There are alot of
> threads I sometimes feel like participating in but
> at the end of the day I don't think what I have to
> say will make much of a difference but create
> backlash , and I certainly don't enter out into
> the universe to create more problems for myself.
> intentionally anyway. ok got to go work on MY game
> I guess.
>
> [www.giveittomeraw.com]

Well all I can say is, I'm no oil painting which is why I can't judge anybodies appearance and even if I was a Denzel Washington I see no point in doing such a thing in the first place...so I think we ALL have to work on our 'A' game...ha,ha!

RB

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 12, 2009 05:04PM

flipperjan Wrote:
> I think it's interesting that the post i put up so
> that people could look at a very inspirational
> person has only received 5 responses some of which
> are mine.

I just wanted to say that I did respond to the negative thread, but in a way that I was basically saying I didn't think it was cool to criticize others; and then I saw your thread and had no response, as I have no interest to critique someone. So that's why; it's no offense to the thread you started. I just can't be bothered to evaluate people like that.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 12, 2009 05:46PM

Funny Flipperjan....I was one of the first to reply to the thread raw food role model, and mentioned my raw inspiration.

Sure atttractive, unattractive, you can find all types everywhere...
I think however when the raw "world" says FAT = TOXINS...
ummm.............
Enough said...CONFUSION...

When you put yourself out there in the public eye you are going to be judged....

I would be happy to ask Victoria or Nomi why they look unhealthy...
Givin the oppportunity however, I wouldn't bother paying to see them.

I'm not ASSASSINATING anyone lol!!

I am questioning...
When the talk does not match the walk..it leaves people confused..
Ya. maybe I am harsh in my words..semantics...I work with men, JOCKS around me ALL DAY! this is a part who I am and I like it.... tongue sticking out smiley
pssst..do not judge!!
lol!

How can anyone be truely, optimally healthy on the inside when ya look so unhealthy on the outside...??

Standards...ummm
being the properweight for your height?
I know, BMI does not take into account muscle...but really who of us is SO muscle bound that the BMI is obsolete...

I am not comparing raw guru's to catwalk models - But I would think that after YEARS ANDS YEARS of eating 100% raw (victroia) and who know how much from Nomi....that they would look HEALTHY

NOT Sports Illustrated FAKE..

But be slimmer than the average cooked meat eater,
Not the case..

Models, are the WORST when it comes to diet....coffee and smokes right?

I am not expecting all raw food "guru's to have a 6 or 8 pack!
I not expecting all raw food authors/cooks to be a certain size, height, make, model or year!!
lol!

BUt I do expect them to radiate health, after years of raw, I would think that would be inevitable...

If you can all agree that being obese and raw is healthy..so be it

Lets STOP playing games...so and so said...GROW UP
I said it, I DID..
I am usually the person to verbalize what most people are thinking, but are too afraid to say..

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 12, 2009 06:07PM

I know plenty of jocks and men who express themselves more lovingly and civilized than you do. Maybe I should introduce you so you can then blame them for your loving behavior.

Date: February 12, 2009 07:23PM

hahahaha...
I am not blaming anyone silly!!
I am just stating a fact!

I take total responsibility for calling it like I see it!

yes, everyone is so perfect and politically correct..
YAWn.................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 07:28PM by rawrnr.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: February 12, 2009 07:47PM

I just think it's too much focus on the exterior. I bet if we could see what's going on, on the inside, we'd be like, "Wow. Look how clean Victoria Boutenko's arteries are. Viktoras has an awesome colon. And that liver!" LOL

If I remember right, Victoria Boutenko overcame heart arrhythmia by eating raw. She must have been in a very unhealthy state before raw. She discovered raw later on, after years of too much damage. For some, I think raw helps achieve and maintain better health but I don't know how realistic it is to think it's going to reverse all the damage.

I guess because of my age, my priorities are different. I notice this on other raw forums too. Us "forty somethings" are not trying to achieve wrinkle free skin. We're trying to reverse thyroid problems, fibromyalgia, hypertension, insulin resistance, etc. I've reached a point in my life where lacing up my shoes without getting breathless means more to me than smooth skin. Having a cholesterol count in a healthy range is more important to me than reversing my grays. I used to wake up in the morning and the first thing I would feel upon arising was dizziness. So, while, I still look 47, no matter how good I eat, I feel great these days. I feel clean and full of energy.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 12, 2009 09:35PM

cool Roxeli ..everything you said is right on smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: February 12, 2009 10:08PM

If I go on a fitness board and put out rubbish vids of me doing exercises wrong or claim that I'm so fit and healthy when I look like I've just stepped out of a concentration camp, then I expect to be judged by the most hardcore of individuals and laughed off the board in no uncertain terms, when your looking at raw food "guru's" or the raw food lifestyle it's a different story because of all the reasons I've already posted, If I posted my pics and raw testimony on a raw food forum, I would expect support and compassion, I don't expect to be told I look like @#$%& or any other term used to insult people, even if I did look like crap, I'd expect to be told in a mindfull and tactfull way that best represents the individual and board.

Raw food "guru's" generally don't go on fitness forums, heck they don't even go on raw food forums and this is why...THEY GET ATTACKED!!!!!...NAMED AND SHAMED!!!!

Should Raw Food "guru's" that charge a heck of a lot of money for their services be held accountable...HECK YEAH!!!!

Should Raw Food "guru's" that charge a heck of a lot of money for their services look vibrant and healthy....HECK YEAH!!!

Should Raw Food "guru's" that charge a heck of a lot of money for their services be blasted for not being pleasing to the eye....nah...that's not telling it like it is, that's just being petty and mean!!!...PERIOD.

I think that if anybody out there doesn't like what examples are out there they should go and be the example that they personally want to see!...spend ten years on a strict 100% raw diet and then come back and put themselves out there for others to judge and critique. Being 100% raw is hard work and if there's one thing I've noticed is that the biggest naysayers are the ones that have yet to maintain a 100% strict raw diet for any length of time, any body that's been strict 100% raw will know what I'm talking about.

RB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 10:23PM by richard blackman.

Posted by: wild-aloe ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:17PM

Yes, Victoria Boutenko is healthy because her medical tests show so, and because she overcame chronic illness through raw food. Furthermore, her husband and her kids look great, so obviously their overall message does and can work. Some people do have emotional reasons for needing to eat a lot of food, and raw food does not cure these emotions or automatically make you look a certain way or be very easy to master. Some people, further, like tan and musculature, some people like pale and thin (and for some people, like caucasians living in England, Scotland, Ireland, Scandinavia...it is not only healthy to be pale, it is the only choice provided by nature) and some people even just want good health and no longer expect to be very slim or de-aged, no longer focus so much on appearance, or just have different ideals.

Date: February 12, 2009 10:28PM

I've seen a overweight Breatharian....go to youtube and see!

RB

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:37PM

rawrnr,

Would you actually walk up to Victoria Boutenko or Nomi Shannon and say,"why do you look unhealthy?" Seriously? It's not politically correct to not be a jerk--it's civil. And in case no one's said it already: I challenge YOU to become the very bestest person any of us could hope to be on raw, and become OUR guru. You'll have to work on comportment. Start by understanding that a lot of the things you say out loud, some of us don't have the temerity to even think. Boy, had you phrased your earnest and meaningful questions less, um, frankly, these posts would have an altogether different flavor, girl. Missed opportunity, missed opportunity.

Thanks Richard, for once again keepin' it real. I am so happy you exist!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 11:40PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 13, 2009 12:00AM

>I've seen a overweight Breatharian....go to youtube and see!<

I think I know who you mean, Richard. The one I'm thinking of is a video of a modern day rather elderly lady in Russia (being interviewed by Jasmuheen) who's been a breatharian for quite awhile; she's definitely kind of chunky.

Come to think of it, Giri Bala (sp?), the Indian saint made famous by Yogananda, wasn't thin either. I think we're about to bust some myths here! I firmly believe after I finally make my transition through liquidarianism (not there yet) and beyond, I'll be another one among a growing collective of supremely healthy but slightly 'generously' built individuals.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 13, 2009 12:15AM

I am just trying to be the best person I can be for me, and no one else...

I am not looking to be anyone's GURU, just a walking example of HEALTH!!

YES! I have temerity...I don't think that is a bad thing!
I actually have enjoyed reading the responses and stirring up some conflict is a good thing at times!!
I feel my reaction and comments were just REAL, uncensored ya know?
Like I said,it's not like I will lose any meaningful friendships here...
THis allows me to be uhh frank..
I do appreciate that...
If ya wanna sum up my WHOLE being by my posts...
no prob, does not affect me...

BUT really, what does piss me off is having people selling us a lifestyle that they do not themselves follow, How ReAL is that?

HEY ...
whatever happened to calories in calories out?

Guess next time I juice fast I will not expect to lose any weight, since ppl who live on AIR are fat too....

ya, youtube...Zinaida Baranova...bet she is a breatharian....8 hours every night!!

hahaha!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2009 12:19AM by rawrnr.

Date: February 13, 2009 01:23AM

kwan Wrote:
> >I've seen a overweight Breatharian....go to
> youtube and see!<
>
> I think I know who you mean, Richard. The one I'm
> thinking of is a video of a modern day rather
> elderly lady in Russia (being interviewed by
> Jasmuheen) who's been a breatharian for quite
> awhile; she's definitely kind of chunky.
>
> Come to think of it, Giri Bala (sp?), the Indian
> saint made famous by Yogananda, wasn't thin
> either. I think we're about to bust some myths
> here! I firmly believe after I finally make my
> transition through liquidarianism (not there yet)
> and beyond, I'll be another one among a growing
> collective of supremely healthy but slightly
> 'generously' built individuals.

Yeah...that's the one...the Russian lady!

RB

Date: February 13, 2009 02:51AM

Yeah, Kwan, I know that if you are big when your ready to tranistion to Breatharianism, you will stay big, what ever you are at the time of full transition is what you will be, give or take 5-10lbs in the beginning!

She probably got caught when she was already big.

RB

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: February 13, 2009 02:34PM

richard blackman Wrote:
> If I go on a fitness board and put out rubbish
> vids of me doing exercises wrong or claim that I'm
> so fit and healthy when I look like I've just
> stepped out of a concentration camp, then I expect
> to be judged by the most hardcore of individuals
> and laughed off the board in no uncertain terms,
> when your looking at raw food "guru's" or the raw
> food lifestyle it's a different story because of
> all the reasons I've already posted, If I posted
> my pics and raw testimony on a raw food forum, I
> would expect support and compassion, I don't
> expect to be told I look like @#$%& or any other
> term used to insult people, even if I did look
> like crap, I'd expect to be told in a mindfull and
> tactfull way that best represents the individual
> and board.
>
> Raw food "guru's" generally don't go on fitness
> forums, heck they don't even go on raw food forums
> and this is why...THEY GET ATTACKED!!!!!...NAMED
> AND SHAMED!!!!

In my opinion, the reason behind this is actually simpler than we thought and humans are constantly looking for the one thing that gives us the everlasting pride. By showing your pictures to them, they feel like you have got the "thing" before they do and it makes them wanna discredit you at all cost.

All the Best,
Wong

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables