Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Supplemental Plant Enzymes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2009 12:54PM

Does the body recognize supplemental enzymes on a cellular level or are they a waste of money? I realize that raw living foods are the best source of enzymes, but I ask for my clients who are not 100% Raw and require additional enzymes for proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients. Thank yousmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Supplemental Plant Enzymes
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:25PM

[I ask for my clients who are not 100% Raw and require additional enzymes for proper digestion and assimilation of nutrients.]

How did you determine that they were not properly digesting and assimilating their nutrients? It seems to me that you would know the answer to this question if you had made a legitimate diagnosis.

Date: February 15, 2009 05:16PM

I was not making a "diagnosis". It has been my understanding that due to the decrease of enzymes in the body and lack of enzymes in cooked food, that supplemental plant enzymes are beneficial. My question is concerning whether or not supplemental enzymes are recognized on a cellular level as in raw living food.
Thank you -

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 15, 2009 07:21PM

mhr0607,

This is the most recent data I could find about enzyme supplements; note: there is no consideration of uptake from food, which is typical:

[www.wellnessletter.com]

Date: February 15, 2009 11:33PM

Wonderful information - thank you Tamukha - Have a Blessed Weeksmiling smiley

Posted by: adadel ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:33AM

Yup, I like the information Tamukha provided the link to. I also want to point out that the body can be supported in developing digestive enzymes. We have met several folks who have been able to repopulate their digestive flora to be able to digest raw milk and raw milk products. I have found some foods, such as grains, nuts and seeds a challenge to digest. I take this as a communication that they are less than ideal for my body. I am curious as to which foods your clients are struggling to digest.

Date: February 16, 2009 11:15AM

Interestingly enough, digestive issues occur for many with the same foods that you mentioned adadel - listen to and respect body wisdom staying open and awaresmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables