Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question on Transitioning to 80-10-10
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: February 14, 2009 02:20PM

I know there are a number of posts on 80-10-10 but I just need a quick answer. Does Graham, in his book, discuss how to transition - especially if you have eaten yourself into a raw mess?

Thank you.

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question on Transitioning to 80-10-10
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 14, 2009 04:06PM

Chapter 10 - overcoming the challenges of going raw
Chapter 11 - 80/10/10 in practise

are both helpful in this respect.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 15, 2009 12:25AM

Hi Patty,

The way I see it there are 3 ways to go raw:
1) All at once
2) Gradually by increasing percentages over time
3) By listening to your body signals

I think all are good to get you there. I think #3 establishes an important skill and allows you to develop that skill going forward as your body needs time to clear the "static" so that the signals are easier and clearer to read. The advantage of tuning in to your body signal is that IMO your body knows best and is your personal inner coach. If you decide to listen to your body then when a food dosn't agree with you eliminate it and when you "resonate" positively to a food include it. As your "reading" skill improves your body will let you know when it wants more raw foods in your diet. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 12:33AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 15, 2009 03:58PM

EZ,

Great Zen advice, as usualsmiling smiley I have found the methodical approach very instrumental, both in tailoring my appetite in a way that's really natural, and in learning to really enjoy the taste and texture of foods, which we unlearn as we grow out of childhood, and which may be a stumbling block in transitioning to high or all raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables