Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are greens leaving me?
Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 14, 2006 09:01PM

Hi there

I have transitioning to raw since February of this year.
Since March, I have been 80-90%..basically eating 1-3 cooked meals per week.

This month, I made a committment to make July a 100% raw month..so today is two straight weeks.

Yesterday I was going through a bad detox which I am still working through a bit.

Last night I sat down to eat a salad (lettuce, tomato, green onion with blackberry vingegar, herbs and garlic for dressing). I got two bites in to it and felt I could not eat it....it made me feel ill. A bowl of blueberries...no problem.

Today at luch had a different salad--Lettuce, zuchini, brocolli with kimchee and soy sauce for dressing. I got about 1/2 way through it and had a similar feeling. The salad is sitting next to me and I cannot even think of eating it (not really hungry either).

I kind of feel that my body is telling me that I should not be eating this stuff at this time. I worry though that I am responding emotionally to my sweet tooth and going to fruit instead. For me, eating green things is a relatively new experience....I grew up a veggie hater and only really starting incorporating greens in the last 5 years. I actually now love them though.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are greens leaving me?
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 14, 2006 10:02PM

try eating mono-veggie meals and see how you do with those. Your body may just be in an "I want fruit" stage, too.

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: July 14, 2006 10:04PM

If you have a blender, it might be better to make a green smoothie; put fruit and greens into the blender with some water, and you won't have to choose between whole fruit or salads.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:16AM

Dear Rawblue,

If you don't feel like eating greens right now, I think it should be OK that you just don't eat them. That doesn't mean that you'll never want to eat them again! I think it's better not to force yourself. Raw food diet is pretty limited, so in a very little while, you will probably start to miss the greens that you love, and you will want to eat them again.

Best wishes, -Ally

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 15, 2006 05:37PM

hey rawblue

looks like you got the greens blues
yeah
they are leaving you
just lift up your hand
lift them up
real high up
to the sky
and give them a big wave

til u miss em
then love em
once again

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 15, 2006 08:54PM

Fruit is a great cleanser and it is fine ( temporarily) to okay to forgo greens. It`s only worrying if you feel this way in the long run as a low green diet can be deficient in many nutrients.
For now though enjoy!!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: July 15, 2006 10:32PM

I don't enjoy spices, they give me a runny nose... you could also put greens in small quantities in a fruit smoothie, and increase greens as you see fit.

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 16, 2006 05:44PM

Thanks to all!

You are awesome

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: July 17, 2006 12:13AM

Hi There,

It might the oils/vinegars/salt and spices that are affecting you negatively. You also might want to try sticking with the milder greens. I don't like bitter greens at all. My favorite is romaine, it's nice and mild and sweet. My favorite dressings are very simple. One is orange juice blended with avocado and the other is orange juice blended with tomatoes and dates.

Take care,

Audrey
www,rawhealing.com

Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: July 21, 2006 07:57PM

Hi Chilove,

I found you do not use salt for your dressing.

I started my raw in begining of this year. I always put salt on my salad. But recently, I am like rawblue and do not like green salad. I am only craving fruits. I do not feel good with salt and spicy stuff although I like them. I feel pain and irritation on my throat in the morning after eating any spicy things.
I decide to eat mainly fruits for while and cut down my salt intake and take dressing like yours without salt.

Are you completely avoiding the salt?

Thanks for response in advance,
with blessings,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables