Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

'Green Lemonade'
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: February 16, 2009 05:27AM

Hi All!!
Just wanted someones opinion/suggestion on a my idea of having a green lemonade fast for a few days. I juice kale, lemon, ginger, celery and sometimes cucumber as my green lemonade..I absolutely love it. I am feeling as if my digestive system wants a rest so to speak..I feel a little lathargic lately and I want my body to feel re-juvinated. Is 2-3 days a good idea for this sort if fast?
Thank you SO mUCH.
P>S...
I also have been doing the BED and its working very well..However is it true that when you fast you should cleanse your colon via enemas/colonics?
smiling smiley Cheers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'Green Lemonade'
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 21, 2009 04:32AM

..wish I knew more about fasting.... juicing and kale salads are what I tend to do when needing a cleanse.. what is the "BED"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 04:38AM by loeve.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 21, 2009 04:56AM

oh that juice sounds yummey to me. When you fast you need to keep the system moveing so enimas would be helpful. I did the master cleanse and drank the salt water solution and that was like a reverse enima. I also drank the smooth move tea. The lemon might keep the bowels moveing as well. You do know if you fast and don't keep the bowels flushed out you might end up haveing the toxins you are trying to get rid of reentering into your body.

What is the bed thing? Is it that you are doing bed rest?

Good luck to you

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 21, 2009 01:09PM

> oh that juice sounds yummey to me. When you fast
> you need to keep the system moveing so enimas
> would be helpful. I did the master cleanse and
> drank the salt water solution and that was like a
> reverse enima. I also drank the smooth move tea.
> The lemon might keep the bowels moveing as well.
> You do know if you fast and don't keep the bowels
> flushed out you might end up haveing the toxins
> you are trying to get rid of reentering into your
> body.

.. the possible recirculation of toxins facinates me. How does that happen?.... seems to me the liver cleanses the blood, then excretes waste, as a component of bile, thru the common bile duct into the duodenum, more or less constantly, accented now and then by a surge from the gall bladder to help digest food. So when fasting the bile continues, not so much for digestion but as an outlet for waste from the liver, and this waste has to travel most of the way thru the small intestine and then thru the large to exit. Is that it?

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 21, 2009 01:52PM

I'd also like to know how the toxins 'recirculate', as Natural Hygiene fasting experts do not advocate enemas or colonics while fasting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 01:52PM by debbietook.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2009 02:09PM

is kale something like collard greens? and hey did i over look it, what is bed? i dont mean to sound dumb but i came from a lard and soul food family. is the ginger you are speaking of ginger powder used as a seasoning or some kind of root?

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: February 22, 2009 06:56PM

ms v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is kale something like collard greens? and hey
> did i over look it, what is bed? i dont mean to
> sound dumb but i came from a lard and soul food
> family. is the ginger you are speaking of ginger
> powder used as a seasoning or some kind of root?

Yes Kale is in the green family like collards, they are curly leaves. You can find them in the produce section near the collards. Ginger is a root, which you can find in most grocery stores. You can also find it dry and powdered in the spice aisle. Get the fresh, it's so much better, especially when juicing. As for BED..I don't know what that is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables