Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

looking for good 'raw' books
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 19, 2009 08:48AM

Hello,

I am looking for some good, up to date, books about raw food. I am currently reading Leslie Kenton's The New Raw Energy - I am not enjoying it hugely because they keep endorsing raw goats milk and such like. Also it is 25years old and I know that much has been learnt since then. Unfortunately my local library cannot provide very much ( I really do live in the wrong country! smiling smiley

I am not very interested in recipes but in facts. I want to read about the 'why's and therefore's'.

Any ideas anybody?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking for good 'raw' books
Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: February 19, 2009 08:55AM

80-10-10

If you don't want to waste your money.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 19, 2009 09:31AM

I enjoy raw books that I can relate to so I seem to get a lot out of the books that victoria boutenko have written and also tanya zavasta's Quantum eating is great. I find them to be very enspireing. I also love all the books written by ann wigmore.

Posted by: Rastadevi ()
Date: February 19, 2009 10:53AM

Cousens, Gabriel: Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine

Campbell, T. Colin: The China Study (not raw-specific, but vegan-specific and highly relevant, full of facts to keep you motivated)

Graham, Douglas: 80-10-10

These three books are all recent, and they all offer a different take on the raw vegan diet. The citations are good, and hopefully will give you some food for thought.

Boutenko's books are good, but the writing is more personal and less scholarly.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 19, 2009 11:04AM

Thank you - I have 80-10-10 and the China Study but these are the kind of books that I want more of. I shall try to find the Cousens book and the Quantum eating book (what does that mean?)

Cousens isn't anti fruit is he as i simply can't go down that road?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 19, 2009 12:01PM

If you want facts, try Fuhrman's "Eat to Live."

Don't buy any books online before flipping through them. Most raw books are simply motivational self-help books with a good dose of magic thrown in.

Look for technical references. The book will only be as good as the references.

I would not recommend Cousens because he has mixed in fact with fiction but he doesn't make a clear distinction between the two.

I have reservations about Graham also although I can accept much of what he claims.

Campbell's China Study isn't about raw or even veganism per se but about "too much" animal protein being potentially pathogenic. His work is unfortunately considered to be very controversial among certified scientists.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 19, 2009 12:26PM

Here's a link to RawFoodExplained.com site:
[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables