Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

This detox thing!
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 23, 2009 03:28PM

I've been wondering about detox for a long time now. I first started my raw journey in January 2008 and i have had no detox symptoms at all.

I read about all these extreme, varied and sometimes violent detox symptoms that so many people seem to have and wonder why i haven't had any.

I was a regular runner and a vegan when i started my raw journey so maybe i was just in a better place to start but it seems odd to me.

Has any one else not experienced all the so called detox symptoms?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This detox thing!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: February 23, 2009 04:30PM

Some folks vary. Those that are very healthy....and change slowly should experience very mild...or hardly noticeable detox. If this is the case, more power to you!

On the.....heh...heh...dark side: those that are still eating cooked food...or taking medications.....these things can sometimes permanently sidetrack some cleansing processes.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 23, 2009 05:52PM

No, I didn't have any noticeable detox symptoms.

Generally, the more unhealthy the diet/general lifestyle pre raw the worse the detox symptoms. And these will also be more pronounced if the move to raw is overnight rather than in steps.

What you might notice though is a cessation of symptoms of daily detoxing that were a part of your life PRE raw, eg I often used to get 'morning sniffles' that I used to blame on an 'allergy'.

Well, not since raw!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2009 05:54PM by debbietook.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 23, 2009 11:50PM

Anything that diverts energy away from the body's efforts to detox will slow the cleansing process. As DZM posted above this can be cooked food and/or medications. Also physical activity and a lack of mental harmony can divert energy. Water fasting is the ultimate opportunity for the body to detox and that is why they recommend peace, quiet, and rest as a good practice to maximize the cleansing opportunity.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: February 24, 2009 11:58PM

you always hear about the bad stuff more then the good stuff because people get confused.

when people feel good they don't post on the message board for answers why they are feeling so good they are just like i feel so good la la la...

not everyone has bad detox.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: February 25, 2009 02:55PM

I was vegan for 6 years prior to going raw, exercised, ate "clean," tons of raw and cooked greens, very little grains or anything else, lots of fruit, and the only "detox" I had was 2 nights of night sweats and 3 days of a sore throat. So you could have very little noticeable detox; it's possible.

If you want to clean out or make sure you're detoxed, do mono eating and no added fat for a couple days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables