Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

San Diego, CA raw food restaurants
Date: February 27, 2009 01:55AM

Are there any raw food restaurants still open in San Diego? I plan to take a trip there at the end of the month (March) and my research has found that most of them have closed, how sad. Can anyone offer any advice?

I found that Cilantro Live closed in San Diego (all over actually) and then reopened in Chula Vista. There is also one in Lemon Grove that didn't have an appetizing menu. Also the grenneryrawcafe's menu in Encinitas looks awesome but I am trying to get around without a car and would like to find something I could bike to from San Diego.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: San Diego, CA raw food restaurants
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: February 27, 2009 06:52AM

I stayed in San Diego last September.

I don't think there were any raw food restaurants as such, but went to an amazing farmers' market - I think it was at Hillcrest, and almost certain it was held on a Sunday. There was a raw food stall there selling raw pizza etc, a lovely man (Barry?) who runs a raw food retreat selling figs and other fruit...altogether an experience not to be missed!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 27, 2009 12:45PM

Hey, I'm planning on going there the end of March too!!! Yay -- sun!!! And warmth!!!! (I'm in Mass.)

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: February 28, 2009 03:55PM

My friends own the Greenery in Encinitas.

Its a lil pricery, but very legit and real.

They really put there heart into the resturaunt, very nice humble people and have always helped me and talke with me about my IBD, even connected me to paul nison.

The place in Hillcrest shut down, the place in Carlsbad changed its name theres a new raw place there, but it isnt as good... at all.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 28, 2009 04:18PM

If you are on meetup.com already, check out the raw food meetups there and ask members for their advice. That's what I have done with traveling to other cities and I've gotten GREAT advice for restaurants... Because even though some restaurants may not be officially raw/vegan, some have more options than others.

Have a great trip! What a beautiful city.

Date: February 28, 2009 05:20PM

Thanks everyone! I went the the greenery website and ohmigoodness the menu looks sooooo good. I plan to take a day trip to Encinitas just to go to the Greenery.

Has anyone been to the Blooming Lotus?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables