Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stumbling blocks into stepping stones
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: February 27, 2009 10:57AM

Lately I have been thinking and reflecting on my "slips". I havn't had many "slips" but the ones I've had have been dooseys. I think this is because I am either "on" or "off" something. I don't do things half heartedly and that certainly applies to being raw. My "slips" have always happened when I am tired and I have been awake for a long period of time. They also have happened when I have let my inventory of ready to eat fresh raw foods get to minimum levels. Also they have happened when I didn't catch an early hunger signal and found myself very hungry. I know these things because each time I have slipped I have stopped and analyzed the conditions when the "slip" occurred. This is how I have changed a stumbling block into a stepping stone each time. Its been about learning from the experience and stepping up and over. It kinda reminds me of the saying "its not what happens to a person that matters but what the persons does with what happens that counts". If you should happen to "slip" don't worry about it but do try to learn something from the experience. I have "slipped" a few times now but who's counting ? smiling smiley. Most importantly I am still raw and getting smarter with each experience. What have your "slips" taught you ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stumbling blocks into stepping stones
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 27, 2009 12:38PM

Not to get cocky!!! And to go easy on myself and remember that it (whatever it is, whether it is eating raw, breaking a bad habit, restructuring my life in any number of ways, etc.) is a process. Great post, EZ!!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 27, 2009 05:26PM

EZ rider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... What have your "slips" taught you ?
EZ....You're always looking at the Spiritual Side
of everything. That's a Good Thing.
I predict excellent Health and long Life for us both.....WY

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 28, 2009 12:30AM

Yes, great post EZ!

A few lessons that come to mind:

-Have tolerance for people with a habit - ANY habit: drugs, alcohol, whatever.

-Never tell myself that, "starting tomorrow I won't eat anything for a week (or whatever), so it's OK to slip up today".

-It's better (for me) to compromise with something heavier raw, than to eat something lighter cooked. Keeps me in the raw food habit.

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: February 28, 2009 06:27AM

EZ,
I too have slipped when my raw food inventory became low. To help with this I have signed on with a farm for weekly produce box deliveries. This has really helped especially when the schedule gets tight. Now I can get by with fewer shopping trips. That's my stepping stone.

And like you I'm vulnerable when I get hungry. Since I'm surrounded by SAD eaters and their food I find it best to eat enough raw. I wasn't eating enough.

If I don't have raw food on hand then sooner or later I will eat some SAD. Also I'm starting to learn not to freak out so much when I do slip.

I like the above responses.
Thanks for posting. Kit

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 28, 2009 04:23PM

Early on, when I would majorly slip up, I realized that I was missing the TASTE of certain dishes. I incorporated more spices and herbs in my foods and that helped. Lately, I'm not doing that so much but am into the pureness of the food I am eating.

But, yeah, being aware... It took me a while to figure out what was going on. ha ha

Also, you are so right about having delicious raw/vegan food stocked up. That hugely helps. If I have lots of great food to eat at home, I'm not going to go out of my way to eat something else.

Great post! Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables