Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master Cleanse
Posted by: ashleekanaan ()
Date: March 02, 2009 09:56PM

Hi everyone
I was just wondering if I would benefit from doing the master cleanse for 3 days? I do not want to do the full 10 days and I want to cleanse this week Tues-Friday. Will I still wreap the benefits? Also, I want to omitt using the Maple syrup. Lemon/Cayenne is what I prefer to do along with the sea salt in the mornings. Any advice, or input?
:-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master Cleanse
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: March 02, 2009 10:16PM

I have never done the Master Cleanse but I have read both books on the subject. My understanding is that if you deviate from the protocol than you are no longer doing the actual Master Cleanse but just another cleanse. The purpose of the maple syrup is to provide necessary minerals. I am pretty sure you can use blackstrap molasses in place of the maple syrup if you don't care for that much sweetness. My boyfriend has done the Master Cleanse more than once prior to us dating. He felt that it went very well and he followed it exactly. He has stated that if he were to do it again, he would probably only do it for 3 days. Take that input as you like.

Good luck.

Patty

Posted by: mrgreen ()
Date: March 03, 2009 03:34AM

I would suggest that you research the 'salt flush' - its poison. Some fasting advocates are promoting the idea that the colon flushes may not be neccesary and the the act of fasting actually gives your colon a much needed break.
I have done the 10 day cleanse w/o the salt flush and had no issues, a 3 day would not be bad w/o the flush.
I am also doing a water fast one day a week, ala the Bragg Healthy Lifestyle - Vital Living to 120 book. I find that one day a week better fits my schedule.

"If you're not tough it's hard to survive in this world; and if you're not kind then you don't deserve to survive." –Raymond Chandler

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 03, 2009 07:06AM

mcgreen, could you explaine why the salt flush is poison. I did the master cleanse for over 16 days and I felt I had a very good positive experiance, however I feel it was very harsh. I did not enjoy the salt water flush but I understand the concept as when I did a water fast I did not flush out the bowels and ended up not eliminateing toxins that were in my entestines. I think I would not go for over ten days on the master cleanse the next time. On another noat I had green smoothies for a month and found that less harsh on the system and felt great.

What kind of salt did you use for the flush because I have read the regular table salt is very unhealth but useing the sea salt is very good for you.

Posted by: mrgreen ()
Date: March 05, 2009 02:22AM

[www.associatedcontent.com]
Is one of the sites that speaks of this. I am unable to locate the site that speaks of not needing to colon cleanse during a fast. I'll keep looking

[drbass.com] is Dr Bass - a very interesting guy- speak sof not needing enemas during fasts...

"If you're not tough it's hard to survive in this world; and if you're not kind then you don't deserve to survive." –Raymond Chandler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2009 02:32AM by mrgreen.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 05, 2009 04:53AM

I have been reading some things about salt being very bad for the person, In one site a persons reaction to salt was compared to how a slug reacts to salt. I did a water fast and ended up quite sick in the end and I thought it was due to not haveing a cleansing bowel movement. I also did a master cleanse where I did the salt flush and experianced a very emotional break through and had a very positive experiance.

There are so many different views going around concerning enemas there are some who are dead against it and some that highly recomend enemas. Some say one should partake in enemas in the beginning of ons change over to raw to aid in the craveings for cooked foods and helping the body detoxify. With so many different views I sometimes get confused as to just what I should do.

One thing is for sure is when fasting I believe there should be a cleansing bowel movement of some sort to aid in the releasing the toxins that the body is cleaning out. I have found that drinking warmed lemon juice caused tho bowels to move.

I am still learning and try to be as open minded as possible to what is out there. I like what dr bass has written. I have found some helpful information on this web site as well. [www.fastingconnection.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables