Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dr Fred Bisci PHD, Raw Foodist For 40 Years interview
Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: March 07, 2009 04:01PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paul Nison Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have never met anyone who knows more about
> > health or the raw food diet than Dr. Bisci.
> I'll take your word, Paul. I'd never heard of
> him until just recently.
> He has a good message, and, at 80 years old,
> he's a role-model for Seniors everywhere. I mean,
> after
> all, how many of our Raw Food Gurus have stood
> the-test-of-time
> as he has? So, for all of you who are putting him
> down...back
> off!!!
> I looked at a couple of his videos. He's not so
> much talking
> to us who know what to do (or think we do), but
> rather to
> mainstream America. By the way, if you look at any
> of his
> videos, notice how much weight he's lost. That
> jacket and
> shirt he's wearing are several sizes too big. One
> of his
> quotes is "Thin by choice".
> He must have a real Passion for what he's doing,
> ..WY
> [www.fredbisci4health.com]
Your right WY....

I've gone from a size "large" to a size "small" since going Fruitarian, I've lost nothing in size since going Solartarian, personally I love being lean.

Yeah, I'm sure to some, it's a slap to your ego if your idea of beauty is still rooted in what mainstream society dictates but when you recognise what your doing and what your dealing with,like he obviously does, why should it be negative or a shock to go down in size

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: March 07, 2009 09:16PM

Im new to this whole thing, but wow I am shocked to see so much hospitality towards one another...

I dont understand why we are trying to prove each other wrong, rather then learning and gaining from different experiences and information.

I mean, Ive been introduced to SO MANY new concepts and ideas over hte last year.

Not just raw, but food combining, theories on eating a little meat, eating only fruit, juicing for weeks, etc. etc.

I think the best statement made in this thread is EVERYONE IS AN INDIVIDUAL.

I believe truely, and I think anyone with health conditions understands this, that what works for one doesnt work for everyone. Our bodies are made different, not always nsync. weve tested our bodies differntly, been exposed to different enviornments, toxins, foods etc. etc.

So, I think we should focus on ourselves and as I said, what works for us. Comming up with the most comfortable solution to us..

If someone chooses to eat cooked food, that is THERE choice, I still eat some cooked food, Im not 100% vegan, and I know damn well I should NOT have to hide that from anyone.

You should be just as supportive and helpful to a perosn eating cooked food, and even meat that you woul dbe to a person who is 100% raw. It doesnt make them any less of a person.

The one thing Ive noticed with vegans and raw foodies is there high EGO.
There is no reason, ESPECIALLY becuase of what you eat or your daily routine is, that you or anyone is more superior IN ANY WAY. Just like you wouldnt frown upon someone becuae of there skin color or religion.

People need to stop seperating over petty differences. Have a wonderful day people.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 07, 2009 09:32PM

herbalgerbals Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im new to this whole thing, but wow I am shocked
> to see so much hospitality towards one another...
I think you meant 'hostility'....and I agree.
We all pale in comparison to what we could be. Let's all
be tolerant of our fellow men, no matter where they are....WY

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 08, 2009 05:24AM

If the man thinks tanya qavastas book is good he can't be all that bad. I love her book, sometimes reading her book is like reading liveing words her words just pop out of the book and energize me.

Yes herbalgerbal, it does seem like a lot of hostility and no hospitality on this board lately. I just wonder why the closed mindedness on board. There isnt the open discussion like I have experianced in the past on this board.

I enjoy reading what others have to say about the raw food diet and their opinions. I have learned though to take what I feel is important and let the other words just simmer in a pot somewhere.

Most raw fooders eventually find they don't need to eat so much food. Tanya zavasta says she eats only two meals and quits well before dark. She said she usually has a green smoothie and a handfull of sunflower seeds and something else and she works out with the hot yoga sometimes two times a day. I have read about gabrial cousins saying he eats less and less and feels satisfied with that. Ann wigmore would usually just have her wheatgrass juice and her energy soup. I think there are others who have evolved to eat less food after being raw for a time.

I would love to read Dr bissi's new book I am sure he has some wisdom to share to the masses. And as for his line of suppliments I would purchase his suppliments if I felt I needed them. Since I have only started in eating the raw foods I am sure there are some needs I may have to bring optimal health to my body. I would trust someone who has been raw for over 40 years than someone who knows nothing about eating all raw foods and keep asking me that age old question on protien and calcium.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 15, 2009 07:17PM

coming in late. I'm intrigued about exploring 100 percent raw vs. a lesser percentage + conservatively cooked (steaming, boiling). The whole anti-fruit thing is a bit oversimplication isn't it? I mean if most of your fruits are melons, citrus and berries you are getting lions share of nutrients per calorie. But if you are stuffing yourself with bananas, pineapple and mango and or grapes, those fruits are higher in calories and sugar and relatively lower in nutrients. A general rule of thumb is demonizing groups of whole plant food taken in that form is probably unwise. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables