Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Vegan Meatballs
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: September 29, 2012 01:56PM

I am normally into fruits and juices, no spices. I want to go for an experiment with raw vegan meatballs. Any recipes? like in this [healthiersteps.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vegan Meatballs
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2012 03:05PM

madinah,

I would tell you to search the Recipes Forum, but you'll have to do it manually, as the search engine refused to give me any results when I plugged in "raw meatballs," "raw spaghetti and meatballs," or variations therof sad smiley

Jennifer Cornbleet's recipe is good. It requires processing(in a food processor):
1 c soaked raw walnuts; 1 Tb fresh lemon juice; 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil; 1 tsp soy sauce; 1/4 tsp dehydrated garlic powder(you could use a small amount of minced fresh garlic); a dash sea salt; 1 Tb minced fresh parsely; 1 Tb minced fresh onion. When the ingredients have been reduced to a paste, form the paste into balls of desired size and refrigerate up to five days.

I have made these and then put them in a dehydrator for a day to concentrate the flavors. They were quite tasty, but a tad too salty, so I reduced the seasoning by a bit next time, and added some naturally dehydrated oregano, and they were perfect.

Date: September 29, 2012 05:12PM

Thanks so much Tamukha

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 01, 2012 02:57AM

Here's are some more raw vegan meatballs recipes - thanks to Pinterest --

Raw Zucchini Spaghetti and Walnut Meatballs

[foodsforlonglife.blogspot.com]

Raw Vegan Spaghetti With “Meatballs” Recipe

[www.incrediblesmoothies.com]

Meatballs: Raw, Vegan, NO Mushroom, NOT Dehydrated (made with sunflower seeds and almond butter)

[www.live-green-smoothie-diet.com]

Mushroom and walnut raw meatballs

[pinterest.com]

Raw Vegan Spaghetti Marinara and “No Meat” Balls

[healthyblenderrecipes.com]

Raw Food Recipe: Spaghetti and “Meat” Balls

[www.rawmazing.com]

BBQ "meat" balls

[www.rawfoodrecipes.com]

Let us know if you try any of them how they taste.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 01, 2012 01:46PM

These types of recipes have little nutritional values because they are not digestible. They violate one of the fundamental principle of health from the Natural Hygiene folks, the primal diet, mono meal or combine food with few items. These recipes have too many items, making them difficult to digest.

The other problem is that the final product taste like meat and fools the body into thinking it is meat that need to be digested. Normal Walker expanded on that in his books.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:36PM

RawPracticalist,

Someone's "hypothesis" does not a fact make; many of us digest foods like this just fine, including, I assume, madinah.

While I appreciate the NH perspective on many things, I am mindful that these boards are not NH boards, though I'm sure a totally Hatural Hygiene forum exists somewhere.

Date: October 04, 2012 01:39PM

Tell me how many items are in this recipe, way too many.
It is not a natural hygiene issue, just common sense.
It is not enough to go raw, you have to do it properly.

Meat Balls
1 1/2 cup zucchini pulp (left over from juicing)
1 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked for 6 hours, drained, rinsed
1 1/2 cup almonds, soaked 6 hours, drained, rinsed
2 cups marinated (marinade recipe below) portobello mushrooms, chopped small
1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced
2 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ginger, finely grated
1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, minced
2 Tbsp sun dried tomato powder

Marinade for Mushrooms
1 cup nama shoyu1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 tsp black pepper freshly ground

BBQ Sauce
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soak 2 hours to soften, drain and
then chop
3 Tbsp nama shoyu
1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
5 whole dates, chopped
1 small jalapeno, red, minced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup flax oil
1 Tbsp sun–dried tomato powder
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 01:44PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 04, 2012 02:36PM

Well, a lot of the ingredients are herbs and spices. And just use one type of nuts instead of two. People modify recipes to suit their own food preferences - like I wouldn't use the soy sauce and all that oil.

Also, Madinah said she's deviating from her usual fruits and juices and wanted to experiment with recipes. The same thing happened to me. I ate all raw, simple blended smoothies and juices, soups and salads for six years. The last couple years I've been trying out recipes and eating dishes from raw restaurants and raw food delivery, and it's amazing how good and interesting raw food can be. I'm especially into making my own raw desserts - they're delicious. And it's fun looking up recipes to try online. Just take what you like and leave the rest behind.

Date: October 04, 2012 11:16PM

That is great for her but the key point is that food must be digestible NHly speaking

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 05, 2012 08:11AM

Where does the rest of the food go that isn't digested strictly speaking from an NH point of view ?.

Because on the odd occasion that i have had any of these 'faux' type recipes, they certainly aren't coming out the other end undigested.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 08:12AM by powerlifer.

Date: October 05, 2012 11:49AM

Your are very funny. Why do you want to add complexity where there is natural simplicity. A tomato is complete, simple, why do you want to add complexity to it with some nuts, cumin powder, chili powder, garlic, salt, black pepper, dates, and more. Things do come out at the other end but at what cost, what is the transit time? So much time by the body digesting the complexity, a food type total foreign, undecipherable.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 05, 2012 11:53AM

I wasn't trying to be funny it was a serious question, it just seems to be another natural hygeine theory that isn't backed up by the common sense.

Where is the undigested food?, seemingly nowhere because the majority with a normal functioning digestive system can digest many foods and even heavy meals with little problems. Obviously you don't want to over-complicate the palette and stress the digestive system so i do agree with you to keep ingredients on the lower side of things.

But that doesn't mean the food isn't being digested, you would see it in the stool otherwise.

Many of the spices and herbs are actually pro-digestion and aid the breakdown of food. The nuts are the hardest to digest component of the recipes above.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 11:57AM by powerlifer.

Date: October 06, 2012 07:44PM

I am not sure that everything get properly digested, fries fish, fried oils, burgers, pizzas, lasagnas, fried meats. It may come out at the other end colored, and looking digested but is it really. Most people on SAD have to push hard to get things out.

Good digestion should lead to adequate nutrient absorption.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 07, 2012 10:44AM

but were not talking about fries, fish fried oils, burgers pizzas lasangas fried meats here

were talking about whole raw combos of fresh fruits vegges, nuts, herbs , seeds and fats

on one hand you say they are not digestible then you say they are difficult to digest...which is it?

i can eat corn all by itself an see undigested corn in my poos .. i can eat lettuce all by itself and see undigested leafy cellulose in my poos .. does this mean im not absorbing anything or digesting it ?

no it means to me that im expelling cellulose fiber that isnt digestable but that doesnt mean i didnt didnt reap some benifit

if we digested EVERYTHING 100% completely there really wouldnt be much use for an anus would there lol? winking smiley but alas indeed we do have one and it has a use winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 10:46AM by Jgunn.

Date: October 08, 2012 11:41AM

You got a point jodi.
But if you say "i can eat corn all by itself an see undigested corn in my poos .. i can eat lettuce all by itself and see undigested leafy cellulose in my poos .. does this mean im not absorbing anything or digesting it ?"
then you have a problem digesting food.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 08, 2012 11:49PM

its un-digestible cellulose fibers that comes out

not EVERYTHING is 100% digestible .. if it was we wouldn't have any need for anus's we would have evolved by now i'm sure to not have any reason to expel matter

i don't feel have a problem digesting food . i accept i don't digest matter that is un-digestible smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 12, 2012 05:03PM

Thanks for the recipes, I am having a lot of fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables