Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Recovering From Cancer and Chemo
Posted by: wanderwolf ()
Date: October 25, 2012 08:17PM

Hello to you all. I wondered if I may ask for a little advice regarding my situation? I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in April of this year at age 30 and promptly rushed for treatment. I had done some research in the past regarding chemo and such, as well as alternatives, however, the cancer was already at stage 4 and aggressive, so I agreed to the chemo and have just finished a six month course. My PET scan during treatment showed no active lymphoma and I'm told the consultants expect nothing but scar tissue on my post-treatment scan, which is in a couple of weeks. Something I am reluctant to celebrate until they 'officially' say it.

The reason I'm here is that I know, theoretically at least, the benefits of raw food. Had I not felt caught up in a whirlwind after diagnosis, I might have opted for a more natural treatment, or at least looked more into it before taking the standard chemotherapy. As it stands, I felt I had no other choice. My question now is pretty much, what can I do to help my body recover, as well as minimizing the chance of the cancer returning?

I know bits and pieces when it comes to raw, and thanks to being pumped full of chemicals, my brain is foggier than usual right now. I would like to ask if anybody has any advice for me on where to go from here? My body is obviously full of toxins, more so now, and my immune system is pretty much shot. Having read in the past about raw, alkalinity and such... if ever there were something to make me get serious about my health, this is it. I hope I haven't babbled on too much. Thank you for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recovering From Cancer and Chemo
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 26, 2012 03:13AM

If possible, start transitioning to a raw diet. I don't know where the carcinogens came from that gave you cancer, but for many people the carcinogens come from the diet. For example, regular bread can be loaded with a carcinogen called acrylamide. All the preservatives and pesticides and artificial substances found in the standard western diet are not doing your health any favors.

The other thing is to get a lot of rest, as you will need it so that your body can heal itself from the cancer and the assault of the chemotherapy. Make sure you are not over exerting yourself and see if you can get more sleep than normal.

Do some research about getting non toxic products for your toiletries and for cleaning your living space.

Welcome to the forum, this is a great place to get support for your raw food exploration.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 26, 2012 04:49AM

A good website also is hacres.com

The founder George Malkmus cured his colon cancer with raw foods.

His story is here:
[www.hacres.com]

Love,
Prism

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 26, 2012 05:55PM

I would recommend working on your state of mind and your lifestyle in general. There's a lot of evidence linking cancer to anxiety, depression, unfulfilled dreams, etc. I just started reading this book called "Cancer as a Turning Point" by Lawrence LeShan. As far as I can see, it's very much focused on peace of mind as a basic cancer preventative.

I think the best way to get info out of the web is to go ahead and ask as many specific questions as you want. The people here are very eager to help.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:44AM

wanderwolf,

Welcome! Sorry about the circumstances that brought you here, but glad that you have had a "stay" that allows you to take stock of where you have been and where you may go from here. Agree that oncogenesis is complicated, and certainly affected by diet and stress, so those are two aspects of living which must be addressed to set the clock back to zero. The aforementioned Hallelujah Acres is a good resource, as is Hippocrates Health Institute in FLA. When my mother was dealing with cancer, two resources I found to be invaluable were the book, Outsmart Your Cancer, by Tanya Harter Pierce, and the film, "Healing Cancer form the Inside Out," by Mike Anderson.

Hope you find the best path to healing here; these boards are full of information. I wish you peace and wellness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables