Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food at the hotel? (graduation trip)
Posted by: cadybennet ()
Date: March 12, 2009 01:54PM

Hey smiling smiley

I think the topic just says it all, what should I eat when I'm at a hotel?
I sent the hotelier an e-mail, but I'm still not sure..
Wouldn't it be a bit bold to expect them to "cook" for me?
I mean I'd be perfectly content with fruit, savoy-salad and rice-cream with tomatoes every day. But.. what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food at the hotel? (graduation trip)
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 12, 2009 05:14PM

Right. You should have no problem getting local fruits or veggie salads at any hotel you are staying at...or in the cafe section of the hotel. Most hotels also have restaurants nearby. And you'd be hard-pressed to find too many hotels in America that don't have some sort of market within walking distance.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 12, 2009 09:36PM

I wouldn't expect dark greens, sprouts, or much variety, so you might not get enough calories if you don't bring enough of your own food.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 12, 2009 10:06PM

i dont think its bold at all to ask for something that you are going to ultimately pay for smiling smiley not to mention really good hotel chefs love the challenge of making something different once in awhile. the world is full of people with all sorts of diet restrictions .. dont be shy asking for what you want .. nothing you want is out of their capabilities to aquire or make. enjoy conversing with the chef on your needs and more importantly eat a big meal before hand in case you might be dissapointed and even MORE importantly ENJOY the evening ahead of celebrating the grad smiling smiley

some things i say in my emails to places i might be visiting would look like this.

Dear (owner blah blah blah)

I will be dining at your establishment in the near future. I have dietary needs that I would like to discuss with you and your chef at your discretion. I am quite confident that an establishment such as yours will be able to provide me with a meal that is both satisfactory to me as well as challenging your chef creatively! I only eat raw vegan foods and would appreciate any ideas on menu selection that meet these simple guidelines. If you can accomadate myself and my guests , I would appreciate hearing from you.

best regards, blah blah blah

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 10:15PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 12, 2009 11:37PM

i think you will be fine.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: March 13, 2009 01:43AM

I have traveled for work. I stop at a grocery store and pick up greens and fruit. Many hotel chains offer at least a continental breakfast and include fruit. I would head down very early and grab 5-6 bananas and a couple of apples each day.

I also took nuts and dates with me just in case.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Patty

Posted by: cadybennet ()
Date: March 14, 2009 01:07PM

thanks a lot! xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables