Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food Combining
Date: March 13, 2009 03:13AM

I have been religiously following a food combining regimine for about a year now and I have recently began to read that juicing doesn't have quite the benefit as green smoothies because of the fiber that is in the concoction.

How is it okay that to mix fruit and vegetables in green smoothies? Does it have something to do with the mastication of the vegetables for easy digestion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food Combining
Posted by: joewood ()
Date: March 13, 2009 04:00AM

Hi Sun,

I wondered the same thing when I 1st started to make smoothies. I heard from Jay Kordich on his tapes that you should only mix apples with greens or it might create gas. Of course, these tapes are from 1989 & only address juicing & not smoothies. I have mixed my spinach with red grapes, apples, bananas, pears & strawberries and did not experience any problems whatsoever. But we're all differently & wonderfully made so .....that might not be your experience.

It took some re-thinking on my part to just make & drink my 1st smoothie. I'm sure glad I did because they really assist me in avoiding cooked foods.

Till Later.....
Joe

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 13, 2009 04:22AM

Fruits and greens go well together. But fruits and starchy vegetables are a potential problem. This is because starches and sugars don't digest well together.

Of course, if your experience shows you that combining starch and sweet together works for you, then enjoy.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 13, 2009 02:22PM

Can I ask, what are considered the starchy vegetables?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 13, 2009 03:13PM

Bryan,

If it isn't too much trouble, like, right off the top of your head, what's the BEST source for the info on what digests with what? I know there are threads elsewhere on this matter, and shall look them up again. But your experience is so illustrative, that I'm just wondering if there is one text or chart that you prefer. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables