Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does detox go backwards from garbage taken in?
Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:33AM

Do you believe the last bad stuff that went in, is the first out?
I feel like I had a really rough time last winter, just felt mentally weird, not myself. I learned that accutane users have high rates of suicide (I took it in my late teens) I didn't think about that weird time in my detox, just that something was up.
But in the last few months, I've had rashes behind my ears and down my neck, but are now finished. The last time I had earaches was in my childhood.
I'm wondering if I'm at my childhood in detox symptoms. It would be great if I was! All that's left would be childhood vaccinessmiling smiley Then I'm done!
What do you think? Anyone done detoxing can track symptoms backwards?

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does detox go backwards from garbage taken in?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 01, 2012 01:53PM

I think it is a good health policy to try to detox your body. But I also feel detox is overused as an answer to many things. If you want to detox, improve the lympth system and inmuse system with body motion. The best personal method I know is by using an inversion table twice a day. You can litterally feel it. Probably, the most potent detox method is FIR sauna because of the large surface of the skin. Good luck.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 01, 2012 02:39PM

Pamela,

I don't think it's like hitting "reverse" on an assembly line conveyor belt; that's not how the body works. It's whatever tissues are superficially or deeply expunging their stored toxins at any given time, and there's no way to exactly predict where these regions lie and why they are detoxifying now. Considering that there is no way to be completely cleared--because of how dirty the world is--just be happy your body's natural detoxification process is happening! smiling smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 01, 2012 08:16PM

This is just my opinion based on my personal experience, but it seems the body will detox the most recent toxins (usually meaning the last meal or toxin exposure) first, as the body probably hasn't yet insulated the toxins from the rest of the body yet. Over time, if the body doesn't have the time or energy to release the toxins, the body will encapsulate it in fat to protect the rest of the body.

On the other hand, the body will always choose to heal the most pressing and dangerous threat to the body first and foremost, and this could be the most recent toxin exposure.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 03, 2012 11:52AM

tamukhs

wrote

<<Considering that there is no way to be completely cleared--because of how dirty the world is--just be happy your body's natural detoxification process is happening! smiling smiley>>

ha ha! great attitude! smiling smiley

me likes

panchito

i think someone let me go on their inversion table
all i could feel was blood going to my head
it was kinda uncomfortable
whattya do about that feeling?
what does that table do for you?
keep the lymph system movin and groovin?
sounds pretty interesting, actually

Date: December 04, 2012 03:43PM

Hi Vero!

when I first started I felt the blood thing. But little by little my body changed and now I can hold upside down with no prob as long as I want. After 40 mins, my ring of lymph nodes around the throat are full and I usually stop there. It feels as if I had a cold. Then once in the normal position the 'cold' disappears (drains) in ~ 10 seconds. So it takes 40 minutes one way to fill up and 10 seconds or less the other way to drain. I think the lymph system uses one way check valves but they leak a little over a long period of time (40 mins). Now I can do things in the gym without getting sea sick. For example, I was getting a little sea sick when doing some types of abs (moving the head a lot) but not anymore. The lymph fluid is super important. It is the Environment of the cells and you need motion to keep it clean. This is a quote of the book on pg 149

[www.soilandhealth.org]

"Think of all those little cells. Says Dr Edward J. Stiegbitz MS,
MD, FACP in his book The Second Forty Years: "Superficially, the
answer is simple; intrinsically, extremely complex. Whether the
cells themselves are, or are not, potentially immortal is largely
beside the point. The essential fact is that continuance of such
perpetual youth, as displayed by Carrel's chick heart cultures * is
absolutely dependent upon the maintenance of an ideal
environment. Cultures must be aseptically transplanted to fresh
media at frequent intervals or growth stops and the cells die,
poisoned by the accumulating chemical debris of their living, and
starved because their foodstuffs are used up. Contamination with
even minute amounts of toxic substances or any inadequacy of any
one of many nutritional requisites immediately interrupts the
marvelous life stream. The quality of the cellular environment is
the determining factor, whether the cells be growing in vitro in a
test-tube, or in vivo, in the living and functioning organism.""

Posted by: Pame'laVik'toria ()
Date: December 04, 2012 08:53PM

Any ideas how to make a home made one for cheap?

My video to keep me inspired on my health quest: [www.youtube.com]

Date: December 05, 2012 01:24PM

Hey, PV. I would not try to save money making one. You can get them from less than $99 free shipping.

[www.amazon.com]

benefits of using an inversion table:

1. Maintains your height. Regularly inverting will help you avoid the "shrinkage" others your age are showing because of the cumulative effect of gravity over a lifetime.

2. Improves circulation. When you're inverted, your body can circulate your blood aided by gravity rather than having to work against it. In addition, with inversion, gravity helps the lymphatic system clear faster, easing the aches and pains of stiff muscles.

3. Relieves stress. A full-body stretch feels rejuvenating! And the inversion table makes that relaxation easier to attain than climbing on a jungle gym or taking a yoga class. Many people sleep better with regular inversion therapy.

4. Heightens mental alertness. Any upside-down activity increases the supply of oxygen to the brain, which many authorities believe helps you maintain mental sharpness.

5. Increases flexibility and range of motion. With inversion, your joints stay healthy and supple, so that you can easily remain as active as you were in your younger years.

6. Improves posture. The stretch that comes with reversing the direction of gravity helps you sit, stand and move with more ease and grace.

If you don't move that much, you could also use a massager to work the lymph system. This would not work on the big lymph pipes movements but it would work in the little rivers that end on the big pipes. The massagers are like in the $20s

[www.amazon.com]

Good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 01:28PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables