Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detoxing Fluoride
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 15, 2009 06:44PM

I was reading in this book "The Fluoride Deception" about how fluoride was investigated by the world's leading fluoride scientist and found to harm teeth more than sixty years ago! My question is how to detox fluoride? This veterinary book says that advanced cases are hopeless but that since fluoride binds with calcium, aluminum(?!?) and magnesium, compounds of these are useful.

[books.google.com]
"The scientist also examined fluoride's effect on teeth. There had been scientific speculation since the nineteenth century that because ingested fluoride was deposited in teeth and bone, it was therefore necessary for healthy teeth
. . .
Roholm's conclusion on fluoride and teeth were blunt. "The once general assumtion that fluoride is necessary to the quality of the enamel rests upon an insufficient foundation. "Our present knowledge most decidedly indicates that fluorine is not necessary to the quality of that tissue, but that on the contrary the enamel organ is electively sensitive to the deliterious effects of fluorine" he wrote. His medical reccomendation: "Cessation of the theraputic use of fluorine compounds for children." In other words, more than sixty years ago, the world's leading fluoride scientist rejected the notion that fluoride was needed for stronger teeth, agreeing with earlier studies that found that fluoride weakened the enamel - and explicity warning against give fluoride to children
. . .
In Iceland he saw grazing sheep that were emaciated and crippled, their teeth weakened, with a disease called gaddur. their forage had become contaminated with fluoride spewed into the biosphere from deep inside the earth during volcanic eruptions. The disease especially injured young animals. In the United States, such natural fluoride had plagued the westward-sweeping migrants in Texas, South Dakota, Arizona and Colorado. These thirsty pioneers had sunk wells deep into the desert but drew water that was contaminated with fluoride. The poison produced an ugly tooth deformity known as Colorado Brown Stain or Texas Teeth. (Today that deformity is known by the medical term dental fluorosis and is an indicator of systemic fluoride poisoning. A more severe form of poisoning, produced by earth-bound natural fluoride, known as crippling skeletal flurosis, is also widespread in much of the third world, where lack of nutrition often worsens the fluoride's effects.)"

Don't you just LOVE mineralzed water ;-)

That bit about detoxing animals from the Merck Veterinary Manual.
[www.merckvetmanual.com]
"Treatment and Control:
Acutely exposed animals require calcium gluconate (IV) and oral magnesium hydroxide or milk to bind fluoride before absorption. In chronic exposure, control is difficult unless animals are removed from affected areas. It has been suggested that affected areas may be used for animals with a relatively short production life, eg, pigs, poultry, or finishing cattle and sheep. Feeding calcium carbonate, aluminum oxide, aluminum sulfate, magnesium metasilicate, or boron has either decreased absorption or increased excretion of fluoride, and thus could offer some control of chronic fluorosis under some conditions. However, no treatment has been shown to cure the chronic effects of fluorine toxicity"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2009 06:45PM by tropical.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detoxing Fluoride
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: March 16, 2009 03:25AM

this really scares me. i have just bought some natural toothpaste, shampoo/condit, soap, ect.

but yesterday i just used the regular toothpaste because it has more of a minty taste. the thing that scares me is that my bf and i were both brushing our teeth and i had some much in my mouth and needed to spit right away. he is a major sink hog lol and i didnt have time to spit. i think my body just made its own mind and i swallowed all of that flouride filled toothpaste. eek. i tried making myself spit it out but it was too late. i kept on thinking about it. now i dont care how minty my toothpaste is, im using natural. dont want this to happen again. thanks for sharing the info

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 16, 2009 03:50AM

I don't think you need to worry about this unless you have had a urine test or something that definitely shows toxicity. Then you go the route your doctor thinks is best, he or she will at least have some organic chemistry/pharmacology background. If you are still concerned get a second or third opinion. Self-detoxing with milk of magnesia or whatever when you don't have a problem can lead to other problems which can be worse then where you started.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 16, 2009 04:43AM

You can take the slow and steady route of using VERY clean water if you choose. Some people refer to this water as "hungry" water as it washes or attracts junk. Distilled water is the standard for impurity free water. The way the very clean water works is that it cleans the body from the inside targeting the "marshy" areas between the cells and washing or attracting the debris that collects there. Some people worry that the water is so clean that it attracts or "pulls out" parts of the body's structure but thats why the cells have a membrane as an enclosure for the cell components. If drinking clean water is too slow for you then you can explore chelation therapy for a more aggressive attraction and binding process to clean your body from the inside out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 04:48AM by EZ rider.

Date: March 16, 2009 05:45AM

I think the animal detox methods ARE questionable, but your doc really doesn't know how to recognize toxic levels of fluoride. Fluoride has the same effect on bones as it has on teeth and they will think that brittle bones due to fluoride damage are just osteoporosis.

I'd love to know how to pull fluoride out of bones. Ez rider has good ideas with the distilled water attracting toxins. that description reminds me of the way clothes dry on a clothes line, the air pulls the moisture out of the clothes because it can absorb water but hang the same clothes in a sauna and they won"t dry because the air is too moist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 05:51AM by tropical.

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: March 16, 2009 08:05AM

thanks for all the insight. ill be using natural toothpaste from now on. the distilled water i would really like to try. anything that helps get impurities out of my body is best. i drink bottled water anyway, but im not sure if it is distilled. i wonder how long you could do a water fast just to get all the impurities out? i have never really fasted before, but i want to try like one soon. i heard great feedback.

its crazy to know how things can be misdiagnosed like how flouride can cause bones and teeth to not be to their best.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 16, 2009 10:54AM

Water fasting will not get "all the impurities" out.

Date: March 17, 2009 11:03PM

Fluoride detox methods:

[www.tldp.com]
Avoid acidic foods like citrus during detox (? no reason given),
calcium carbonate to bind with fluoride,
lecithin to protect the nerves,
drink fluorine free water,
chickweed tea (harvested from your yard!),
saunas with fluorine-free water.

CHICKWEED also called Stellaria

Excess fluorine in the water is a big problem in a certain area of India where two out of three people have physical deformities due to the poison in the water from new wells dug in the 80's, this article mentions plants that are useful including a plant similar to the chickweed mentioned above:
[www2.fluoridealert.org]
"According to the recent report, people, especially tribal consuming Chakwad (ring worm plant) plant, are less affected of fluoride toxicity. Chakwad plants are consumed by the local tribal people in believe that it keep them healthy. Without knowing that it is also helping them to minimize fluoride contamination they regularly eat Chakwad plant with other daily foods. According to the report those people who are not eating this plant are more affected with fluorosis. In Madhya Pradesh, the promotion of Chakwad (Cassia tora), which is rich in calcium, has helped mitigate the disease.

Main cause behind this effect is the presence of high calcium in this plant. Calcium , binds fluorine --assisting in safe excretion of fluorine, and also helping replenish body calcium stores depleted by fluorine.

It is similar to Stellaria spp. (common chickweed) which is generally used as a tea. This plant, a common garden weed which is edible in apparently unlimited quantities without toxic effect. It can be used as a vegetable and in green drinks. It is rich in Vitamin. C and in minerals, especially calcium, magnesium, and potassium.

Other Calcium-rich herbs include nettle, sage, chickweed, red clover, comfrey leaf, and raspberry leaf. A tasty infusion of any one or a combination of these herbs every day should be taken.

According to the different research reports, to minimize fluoride in the body one should eat plenty of foods that are high in calcium and vitamin D. Good sources of easily assimilable calcium include broccoli, chestnuts, clams, dandelion greens, most dark green leafy vegetable (see above), flounder, hazelnuts, kelp, molasses, oats, oysters, salmon, sardines (with the bones), sea vegetables, sesame seeds, shrimp, soybeans, tahini (sesame butter), tofu, and wheat germ. Include garlic and onions in the diet."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 11:08PM by tropical.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables